tthf
Member 5307
+210|6755|06-01
i have seen this happen several times!!!!
real funny!!!!
now when i see an enemy like that running around, i just let him go on by.......
1. he has no weapon to defend himself, thus not a fair fight.
2. he doesnt pose a threat to me or my team, so the longer he stays that way thats one less person getting points for the enemy. lol
when i see a team member like that, i tell him to suicide and not let the enemy get a free kill...
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6761

I've rarely seen enemies like that. If I see them i guess I'll kill them as slowly as possible. pistols shots to the foot, or if it's SF tear gas grenades!
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6753
Wow easy kinfe targets, lol. Ive never seen this before, sounds funny, I always wondered what happened if your body flew away from your kit, lol
MCRxKC
+0|6677|San Luis Obispo, CA
Heres a couple no-kit snapshots I took this morning.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a355/BobLogIII/screen002.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a355/BobLogIII/screen003.jpg[/img]
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6738|England
lol, looks like they are ballroom dancing or something the way their arms are positioned
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6837|Cheshire, UK

tthf wrote:

2. he doesnt pose a threat to me or my team, so the longer he stays that way thats one less person getting points for the enemy.
I might be mistaken but I think that if you are wandering about all zombie-like without a kit you are able to pick up a kit and so rearm yourself.
Worst case scenario - you get shot, they snag your kit then you get revived. Welcome to zombieville where some guy is shooting your team with your gun while all you can do is watch and look like you're dancing.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6619|Gold coast, Aus.
Someone did saythat you can't pick up kits int that mode....................

I love it whenit happns to the enemy. I was on a 64 player map, with like 13 people, so the area was extinct, and it happened. So here I am watching the enemy hopelessly dance around me, running into me, trying hhis hardest to do something to me..... and he just sort of gave up and started crouching up and down repeatedly really fast. he looked like a mentally deficient retard.  In the end my squad of 3 was there watching it and we were luaghing through the VOIP. Then some guy on my team, rocks up in a tank and destroys the fun.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6569|USA
never happened to me, but i've seen it a lot and revived a few people into it
tupla_s
+455|6590|Finland
Looks like he's directing others there
l41e
+677|6646

I have one thing to add, you keep your crosshairs from certain things.

E.g. J-10 bombs the carrier, I get blown off the edge but my kit stays on, somehow (because this is a poorly constructed example) I land in a boat and a medic jumps down and revives me. Now I have no kit. So, deciding to arm myself, I get in the Phalanx. But it's down to 3 bars health so I jump out. Voila, instant big Essex green HUD thing.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD
They always hold the M249 like that, one hand on top of the stock, the other on the trigger.  But yeah, it's not supposed to go into their eye.
the_B3
BF2s EU 2142 Server Adore
+69|6640|The Netherlands
Here is a link to a little FRAPS-movie I made.
A couple of weeks ago we've tried the following;
Someone kills a guy, his teammate (a medic) picked up is kit as far as possible, repeated this to get his own kit back,
repeated the whole sequence, revived the guy and voilá; death man walking! (you'll have to be very quick )
Somewhere in the movie you see me walking without a kit also.
The kit-less people aren't visible at the HUD anymore and CAN take any vehicle, mounted machinery etc.

And here you can see how you get a person kitt-less (before patch 1.3, after this, I don't know it'f possible).

Last edited by eS^theB3brr (2006-05-23 11:31:34)

edownage
+-1|6619|The netherlands ^^
never had it that my kit was gone but I had it one time that my gun was grey (no color so some kind of transparant on the design program of the gun) and had that with my nades and the shizzle ma nizzle I could think of it was horrible!!!

when I went sniper my gun wasn't colored so I didn't had any thing to hide it with I got killed half a minute later 8|
Below_Cost
+3|6496|Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I've seen the no kit bug reported on a forum before (not here I don't think) and thought it was neat. A while back I got to see it first hand in a game and thought it was pretty neat. When I saw your post and the pic of the guy holding the mounted gun to his eye I laughed my ass off.

Good stuff, +1 you if I could.
Battlefield2Player
Ak-101 Addict
+98|6530
You can actually make it so that someone doesn't have a kit.  All you have to do is wait until they die (or team kill them, although I don't recommend doing so), walk up to their kit, press "G" to pick it up (try to be a couple feet away from them when you pick up their kit) then repeatedly switch kits (again, try to be a few feet away each time, so the kit keeps moving away from him).  Do this until his kit is about 15 feet away from his dead body and quickly revive him.  When he gets up he will have no kit.  (Don't be surprised if you don't get it your first time, it takes a few tries.)

If this ever happens to you (no kit bug) you can still pick up a kit.  If there is one lying around you can press "G" and you can pick up the kit.  The best thing to do in this situation is follow a medic around (for cover) and wait until he kills an enemy (or just try to be a distraction; make the enemy laugh so he gets shot Has happened to me a few times) then pick up the enemy's kit.  So that way if a hostile medic revives him, you can take out the medic and easily kill the other guy (as he cannot shoot you without a kit).

I've seen a lot of this in singleplayer (I play offline more than online, go figure).  When you revive someone they have no kit for about 2 seconds and then they pick one up.  I've had a lot of fun with this, it's very good for making videos or just making that TK'er pay. 

Anyways, good job.  +1

Last edited by Battlefield2Player (2006-07-21 08:52:19)

T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6420|My room
The sad thing is...well, I got killed by one of these guys. He pushed me off a cliff while I was laughing.
Tetn1s
+59|6640|Los Angeles
haha he is pointing the middle finger to the assault guy

https://img83.imageshack.us/img83/1251/screen002qq5.th.jpg
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6420|My room
Nice.

It's amazing what humor we can get out of a game meant for indirectly killing people across the globe.

Think about it. Everytime the soldier you are playing as dies, you loose a piece of your soul.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard