kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6550|Southeastern USA
neg me again, it's still gay
asbad
+19|6721|Ireland

Use0fWeapons wrote:

Wanted to do some userbars and i thought a stargate one would let me have a go at some animation.
Hope you like, feel free to use it. Any suggestions for improvements happily taken.  Can change colour and text easily to personalize it if anyone would like.  Anyhow....
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7711 … mk13lw.png

Code:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7711/stargatemk13lw.png
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/6537 … mk17al.gif

Code:

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/6537/stargatemk17al.gif
[  Hmm, they were meant to have a black boarder?  can fix that if its wanted.  ]
Nice work!
Anubis5289
Jaffa Kree
+55|6759|Campbeltown, Scotland
Cheers for the user bars

Anubis
Mustang99
+9|6524

pfc_toecutter wrote:

I don't watch it much anymore, but I couldn't wait for the P-90 in BF2 because of that show.
ever notice (if you saw later on) that in at least 1 eps is the DAO-12? i cant remember the name but it is a mitchell ep and he SLAUGHTERS with it
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6721

Use0fWeapons wrote:

Is the Stargate game EVER going to get released!
i mean, god, how long do i have to wait to get hold of a staff weapon!
It's a really sad saga IMHO. The game designers were doing a decent job, and it was coming closer to being finished, and then the publishers decided that the content wasnt good enough and pulled out. The game design company kept working anyway in the hopes that another publisher would pick them up... no one did... so a perfectly decent game developer went bankrupt and dissolved.

Also really frustrating is that to remove competition for the official game, MGM went around closing down Stargate mods. I know of only two Stargate themed mods that are still in production, and the way mods go, that's no guarentee that any will end up finished.
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6534|Doncaster - UK
Wow, people are using my userbar.  Most excellent.
Well i have now got the boarder to show up, simple error on my part. 
I think it looks better so here they are again.  As its image shack all 4 bars are still up, so it you prefer the original ones you can still use that code.
https://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9216/stargatemk11gn.png

Code:

[img]http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9216/stargatemk11gn.png[/img]
https://img447.imageshack.us/img447/2209/stargatemk19lk.gif

Code:

[img]http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/2209/stargatemk19lk.gif[/img]
he_who_says_zonk.
Thanks for the info there, i have been told much the same thing by a friend.
Who was the developer?
PRINCESS
the evil is pure
+23|6538|scotland

THA wrote:

should have called this the" never gonna get laid thread "
i hate to disappoint you but kendoson gets laid on a regular bases
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6550|Southeastern USA
sorry you neg spamming with no sig fags, but John Crichton+Aeryn Suun > LC Mitchell+Vala
ozweepay
+17|6565

=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn wrote:

Stargate FTW!!!!!... Richard Dean Anderson is the coolest!!! that show is actually filmed around my home town and i have seen RDA in the city once... he is so cool!!!!!
Here's a true story:
It was around 1990 if I remember correctly. A friend of mine was washing the sidewalk in front of one of the buildings in downtown Vancouver. It was around 4:30 in the morning. There was some filming going on up the street from him, no big deal. In Vancouver, it seems every 2nd block has some type of film crew set up.
So anyways, my friend is just quietly going about his business, when this guys walks past. My friend looks at him, recognizes him, and says "Hey, you're Richard Dean Anderson!" to which the guy turns around and walks back towards him. My friend's thinking "Umm, okay, what's the problem?" and the guy walks right up, looks him straight in the face, holds out his hand and says "You're the first person to call me by my real name" and shakes my friend's hand. He smiled happily and walked away.

Last edited by ozweepay (2006-07-02 14:20:09)

Anubis5289
Jaffa Kree
Anybody seen anymore info about this new Stargate game thats coming out this year?

http://www.gateworld.net/videogames/sta … rlds.shtml
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6534|Doncaster - UK
first i have seen of it.  Thanks for the link.

MMORPG are the hardest game to get right, and have the biggest competition.  (WOW)
So honestly, if they cant get a FPS out, can they do this?

I hope it all comes good, but i wont get excited.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6578|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Stargate FTW!!! My favorite show that's for sure...along with Atlantis too.

Going to look on the net to get all the season on DVD...from both Sg-1 and Atlantis
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6793
If it's an MMORPG, I want to be an Ancient.  I just love their grey skin and lack of genitalia.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6547|Doncaster, UK

aardfrith wrote:

If it's an MMORPG, I want to be an Ancient.  I just love their grey skin and lack of genitalia.
Isn't that the Asgard?
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6793
Ancient, Asgard, same difference, right?
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6547|Doncaster, UK
Yeah, they're all grey and don't have knackers
Anubis5289
Jaffa Kree
I would prefer it if they managed to get that fps one out but it is no more   Not sure if this new one would be my sort of game or not (never played World of Warcraft)
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6534|Doncaster - UK

aardfrith wrote:

Ancient, Asgard, same difference, right?
no.
golgoj4
+51|6775|North Hollywood
I have been a long time fan...kinda wished I could hook up with some other geeks and work on a mod. I havent really seen any games out there and the 1 i heard of in development got canceled. I can do some decent 3d models . I love the series, kinda like a 21st century star trek. I think the guy that is RDA's replacement is pretty good. How the eff do you follow McGuyver right? Atlantis was a lil weak on the start but I think its gotten stronger as it progressed. The crossover episodes have given it some life too. All in all I thing Stargate is a pretty good franchise, and when you need some serious style sci-fi, BattleStar Galactica is every friday @ 9.

things i love

daniel jackson impersonating a smuggler named 'hans olo'
RDA wanting to call their 1st ship 'the enterprise' --which btw I think we named a shuttle enterprise
a pissed off Teal'c
Episode 200

Stargate FTW!

Last edited by golgoj4 (2006-12-13 08:36:50)

golgoj4
+51|6775|North Hollywood

buttersIRL wrote:

yeah it used to be good up until about season 7.  Then you get sick of them saving the world at the very last minute from a nearly undefeatable enemy due to some really stupid reasons.

"we are about to be blown up by 400 space ships in orbit, but look at this big red button that we never noticed before marked "SAVE PLANET" !

and now that they always have to have a cliff hanger ending it totally sucks and as for the new guy he was great in farscape but he is just too much like o'neill in this, its like he a fricking clone.

ok got that of my chest ! thx
1. thats why they are 'nearly' un deafeatable. And do you actually watch the show? They are pretty good about setting up the story so that they dont save the world in 1 episode.

2. I think the new guy is pretty good. But as I said in my original post, how the eff do you follow McGuyver? Could you? It would be like anyone but Edward James Olmos playing the part of Admiral Adama...who the eff could follow that?

3. I still appreciate your opinion so dont let my response come across negative.
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6534|Doncaster - UK
best bits....hmmm

Groundhog day episode - all of it.
body swap episode - don't shave the head. 

Jafa humor. 

Every time they get the "big spanner out" its even funnier now i play BF2.
And every time they have and engineer on who isn't just a red shirt.

And Useless tek babble for the win.   

Question - What is the SG1 equivalent of a "Modified quantum torpedo"

Submit your Answers.......now.
golgoj4
+51|6775|North Hollywood

Use0fWeapons wrote:

best bits....hmmm

Groundhog day episode - all of it.
body swap episode - don't shave the head. 

Jafa humor. 

Every time they get the "big spanner out" its even funnier now i play BF2.
And every time they have and engineer on who isn't just a red shirt.

And Useless tek babble for the win.   

Question - What is the SG1 equivalent of a "Modified quantum torpedo"

Submit your Answers.......now.
um...a nuke with some naquadria amplification?
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6534|Doncaster - UK
ah, you may have hit on the most obvious one.

A " modified naqardria generator."

one of those things can solve any problem in the SG universe.

Or perhaps they just need time to "find the right frequency" and goodbye bad guy.

lol, i sound like i am slating it, but i like the show.  This is all part of the fun.
Anubis5289
Jaffa Kree
My thread is alive again lol!  You canny beat the old jaffa joke!  And Silar with his big spanner is priceless
golgoj4
+51|6775|North Hollywood
I heard it was canned yesterday....i hope my pops is wrong but the fucker generally isnt...I wonder if they finish off the current story and then thats it?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard