Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Braddock wrote:

The service in bars and restaurants is better in America. I know there is a sort of compulsory tipping culture there but most of the time they earn those tips by providing a higher quality and more friendly service. This is particularly the case in bars and pubs.
Well the "clubs" can be next to impossible for a guy to get a drink. Here in Florida at the popular ones at least. I used to give my money to my girlfriend so she would throw her hooters in their face to get some drinks...lol. Places like Vegas are much easier to get served (providing you can find away to get in the bar in the first place).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6511|Πάϊ
I love the milk in those huge plastic containers! And juice too! Family size ftw
I'm a big fan of the food. All kinds of junk included. And the shakes... oh the big glorious shakes! With the fat straws and everything... only in America can you find a proper milkshake... I guess if I lived there I'd be quite fat, but what the hell.
Also I'm a fan of big empty spaces and the US has lots of those. When I was there I didn't get the chance to cruise around and I regret that. A US road trip is on my "to do before I die" list. Especially to the west.
Come to think of it, I even like some of those traditional vans. They're cool.
ƒ³
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

Kmarion wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

I've thought about this all night, trying to find something unique about the US that I like or dislike, and I've just now realised:

There isn't anything about the US that I particularly like or dislike that no-one else has, it's just that the US has the ability to assert itself on the world stage, and that accentuates that harshness of their foreign policy, which exists anywhere.  Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to live in Australia as opposed to the US, but only in the same way that I prefer Australia to just about anywhere.

Basically:  There isn't anything that I particularly like or dislike with the US as compared to Britain, or France, or even Australia.  It's just that the US is powerful enough to affect the world, and no-one ever talks about Australia.
How about BF2S? I like Australian beer btw .. . I hear you guys have a really nice reef sitting out there also. I would love to visit Australia. Unlikely in my lifetime though.
Better hurry up and visit then, not sure whether the reef will still be there in 20, or even 10 years.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6579|sWEEDen
Good music,great nature,nice girls,fine economy,some good laws,happy people and fast food.
JaggedPanther
+61|6466

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

spastic bullet wrote:

The considerable historical contributions of its citizens to the fight against global fascism, particularly in WWII.
America entering the war because of fascism? LOL, they were still persecuting black people until the '60s so I don't think the US could have used that as the reason to going to war.......
You're talking about southern states.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6294
It is good to here this. I am sorry for going off topic a bit. But it is nice to know other people from different countrys do not think we are all assholes!
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6611|InGerLand
1) Very nice jets, even if they kill people you cannot argue that they are not cool.
2) Good music, I mean you got stuff from Queen to the Foo Fighters.
3) Isaac Asimov, this mans genius is so often understated its mad, in the 50's and 60's he was coming up with theories on a science that still isn't as developed as it is in his books.
4) Hollywood, even though a few recent films have been a bit iffy its still good and has a great legacy, like the Godfather or Full Metal Jacket.
5) Computer games, I <3 America (and Japan i 'spose) for making generations of happy couch potatoes
PvtStPoK
paintball > bf2
+48|6507|montreal, quebec

CameronPoe wrote:

Given all of the criticism of US foreign policy in this forum in recent times I think we need a new discussion. I invite everyone from outside the US to submit what elements of US society and culture they like and admire, in an effort to show that we non-US citizens are not anti-American, just anti-US warmongering/neoconservatism.
not much imo. old school muscle cars and they give me lots of work  so bills are easier to pay. oh and they made some pretty nice paintball guns.

i guess thats it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard