..::IZMone::..
+1|6700|Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Is it to make a beautifull firework show in the air??? :-s
It has totally NO USE anymore.

All of the missles have so much power when locked that when you drop your flaires the missles dont react on them anymore. EA shoot make a great difference between the target and the moment when the flaires are dropped.
cablecopulate
+449|6752|Massachusetts.
You just have to drop them at the right time. Evasive maneuvers never hurt either.
Kusunagi
+59|6752|The land of Hookers and pod
They work with me... only if I'm too close to a stinger or whatevah then I get hit, otherwise they work pretty good.
Slickfish
+24|6638
They work fine, they are totally effective, I always lose lock when helo etc deploy them.
MurPHy
+9|6586|West Deptford, NJ
Shit, I don't even use flares, I just pull some barrel rolls.....right into the ground. I don't fly much.
Sin-nisterMinister
You have been blessed... with my rifle!
+43|6611|Bellmawr, NJ, US
I tried all sorts of things and the flares never work for me.  Then I unload on some guy, stragetically not whorishly, and he doesn't get hit.  I think BF2 hates me.
Toxin
+8|6571

Sin-nisterMinister wrote:

I tried all sorts of things and the flares never work for me.  Then I unload on some guy, stragetically not whorishly, and he doesn't get hit.  I think BF2 hates me.
It's not just BF2. 
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6552|Search Whore killing fields
i dont use flares, little birds should have flares
comet241
+164|6779|Normal, IL
they work.... sometimes. you gotta be moving in order for them to work, and it helps to go sideways in relation to where you dropped the flares and the aa is, cause if you go towards the aa or away from it after dropping flares, the missles have a tendancy to miss the flare and go for you. and they only work for a second or two, but that's enough time to get out of the way, or kill the mofo
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6635

DirtyMexican wrote:

little birds don't have flares
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy
+19|6759|I'm worldwide, beotch
Try THIS - I guarantee it will work a majority of the time! Once you hear tone, pop flares and DIVE IMMEDIATELY as LOW as you can as QUICKLY as you can.  Get beneath your flares FAST, and don't try any fancy shit! You may get hit once and on occasion twice. Haven't been killed this way yet unless I was already low on health. Try it, if it works.. let me know you've had success with it too!!

Last edited by Aegis (2006-06-13 17:10:41)

petethecheese
+9|6777|England
From an Anti-air perspective, flares DO work, you just gotta time it right.  A second or 2 after you get tone, pop flares and try & put an obstacle between you and the stinger/AA.  Bear in mind, that an experienced AA gunner will wait for you to drop your flares before firing at a clean target, so make sure you're not in range or you're toast and the mobile AA have 4 missiles, so you gotta make sure he can't get a clear shot.

If it's an incoming Aircraft, just roll out the way - they fly too fast so the flares do work, but you gotta be in different airspace to where you were when you got locked on - no good sitting there, or your gonna have a 15 second down time
iamtheoneneo
+16|6684
i use flares against aa but with jets you better off using your resources to do a couple of banks and then a complete 360 roll.  (and try not to get lost in the soup EA call sky)
SaladForks
/ph34r
+129|6596|Eastern USA
It gives a warm, fuzzy, safe feeling when lit fart falls out your ass.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6552|Search Whore killing fields

My_pet_squirrel wrote:

DirtyMexican wrote:

little birds don't have flares
you dont read well
STAPES87
+9|6551|Massachuesetts
Flares or not ill still crash into a building or something stupid like that

I cant fly to save my life

Last edited by STAPES87 (2006-06-13 18:31:15)

-Gunsmoke-
+165|6650|South Jersey
i have my own special evasive actions that usually always get me out of a lock from AA/enemy jet while using flares.  if you're in a helo and a mobile AA is shooting at you, you're screwed.  No chance.  If you're in a jet and mobile AA fires at you, you have a chance.  Your jet is going too fast to get hit.  When in mobile AA, I've only shot down a jet maybe twice.  No, I'm no sharing my evasive ways with anyone.  Too bad it only works with sgt.major and below, the more experienced pilot won't be fooled.
T0rr3nt
+54|6592|Michigan

MurPHy wrote:

Shit, I don't even use flares, I just pull some barrel rolls.....right into the ground. I don't fly much.
lol
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6807|Jupiter
They look really pretty when you do an airshow.
PRiMACORD
+190|6639|Home of the Escalade Herds
They work decently against stingers.

They are pretty useless against AA tanks. Many a time i get rammed up the arse by 3 missiles right after deploying flares.

I don't mind but i just wish AA tanks took some more skill to use. The way it is now any noob can get in an AA and be taking down choppers and jets without any skill.
MaximaRX
+8|6550|Charlotte

STAPES87 wrote:

Flares or not ill still crash into a building or something stupid like that

I cant fly to save my life
but at least the aa misses ya right? hehe.

I used to always get tagged by jets, not good in air to air i guess, but now I use the flares pretty effectively. LIke somone said before, drop them and dive. If its another jet, run and spin, and all the other "Holy SHIT" stuff. BUt it is tougher now in AF with these flying boxes of rocks to get away from AA. I love the jets, but "Evasive Maneuvers" aren't really in their driver's manual. Just keep playin, we all get better.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6668
Why do choppers and jets still have flares???
Because some of us actually know how to fly.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard