SrA_Shady
Slimshady -- The Real Medic
+0|6766|Sumter, South Carolina
A really fucked up thing happened to me not long ago.  I was sitting at work minding my own business, hacking out the usual meaningless paper work BS, when my boss came in the room.  This is when is gets really freaky.

My boss comes in to give me more work, and like.. I guess I took it for an attack, cuz I immediately jumped up and starting jumping all over the room.. I even did a dolphin dive right onto the top of my desk.. holy shit was it ever freaky!

:p

just for a laugh..

Shady
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6793|Jupiter
some times when i see cars coming at me i want to pull out an SRAW and blow it up but then i remember i am not playing the game, hehe. i am ubsesed.
thinner44
+1|6810
Oh dear god this thread is scary..... first off, I'd hate to be near someone that takes the game (in their heads) around with them, that's some freaky stuff.... imagine the damage of running your car into another just because it was red. Secondly, I am one of those 'someone', I often look over my shoulder, or when driving, my finger twitches ready to pull that trigger

We need help

SrA_Shady, I hope you hit the 'talk' button and said, 'sorry chief'
BrightAsh
+1|6817
yeah, happones to me a lot to. Everytime i see someone waiting for the bus, i sneak up on him and stab him with my swiss pocket knife, then after four of 5 stabs he or she turns around, scared. then it hits me... damn this isn't BF2, there he/she would have died after one stab.
divided
Clear!
+3|6774
^lol that was great.
Bgd.Vaporizer
+0|6772|zurich, switzerland
I always look unconsciously out for mines when i am driving in my car...
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6797|Eastern PA
I'm a commercial driver, and I've already caught myself moving for the brake pedal when I've suddenly spotted dark-colored round or square patches on the road . . .

I've been an avid target shooter (rifle and pistol) and hunter most of my life; and I own a few "military" rifles: AR-15, AK-47, CETME, and an M1A (semi-auto M-14) - but it's only since playing BF2 that I find myself spotting people 300 to 400 meters away, and thinking "Yeah, I could pop them from here" . . .
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra
there is heaps of high rise building going on around my city, so naturally when ever im driving past im checking the counterweights and the ladders on the cranes for snipers!!!
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6783|The Hague, Holland
I whas walking behind enemy lines with my teammate with nothing left but 2 grenades.
Just around the corner I saw a enemy squad patrolling the school yard.
I threw both my grenades and waited to see them blow. Direct hit! 2 kills!

*real life*

I threw 2 apples at freshman on the schoolyard ^^
Badcomp
+2|6789|U.S.
Walking around dowtown going to lunch with a couple of work associates and I wish I had a 203 for the a$$hole delivery van that ran the red light and nearly hit us.
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6771|Canada, Ont
In my Mind I never leave the Game, When I head out of my Computer Room I Crouch and if I hear something I go Prone, Holding my Ball Point Pen out like a Rifle, Cheaking around Every Corner for Enemy Troops and Claymores. One time my Dog got infront of the Tv Blocking my View so I threw A Pillow At Him and Tried to Blow it up with the TV Remote. I Walk the Streets at Night Sticking Knives Into People Leaning Against Stuff and Those with their Back To Me. If They Spot me Approaching With my Knife Infront Of Me ,Cuz its the Cool way to do it, Nobody would ever Conceal A Knife, They'd Know It Was Comming..., You gotta Bunny Hop Around, Jumping 2 Feet in the Air and Going Prone Smashing your Shin against the Pavement and Slicing their Ankles for a One Hit K.O. I then have to pull out my Wallet (With Medic Sticker on it of cource) and Throw it on the Ground and Dance Around it for a Couple Seconds Untill My Chin Patches itself Up.
Same applies for when my Pen runs out of Ink, I mean, ...Bullets...I got a Ammo Bag Sticker on the other Side I can Throw down to Refuel. Whenever Something in my House Breaks I hold my Wal-mart Wrench up to it and Pretend like im Fixing it...I still haven't Figures out how to make it work yet. I Blame Wal-mart.

WAL-MART!!!
Renagade Warrior
+0|6765|U.K
A few days ago I broke both my legs jumping off a 4-story building as a "shortcut" thinking that my parachute would give me a safe desent........

I realised something was wrong when I found I couldn't repeatidly smash the 9 key to deploy it.
dan500
+57|6848
On a few times when my parents tried to wake me up ive said stuff like;

"Dont worry the heli will spawn in a min"

"You make a squad, ill spawn on you" Thats when we was running late
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6842|Missoula, MT
Just now sitting in my office, I hear a chopper flying overhead.  I look out the window and sure enough, it's a BlackHawk.  My immediate thought is to seek shelter and cover head, as well as hit Q and spot the thing for my teammates.  Then I notice there aren't any guns sticking out the sides.  *phew*  That was a close one! 
The Soup Nazi
+18|6788|North Lauderdale, FL
when my boss decides to make a surprise visit to my cubicle, i utter "Enemy Spotted." under my breath.

back when i used to play Quake3 a lot, i would approach doors waiting for them to open for me...
-TAC^Opie-
+2|6807
I never walk down the middle of the street anymore. 

And it's becoming increasingly difficult not to throw bags of ammo everywhere I go.
{DsM}SongofWar[BoC]
+19|6842|Toronto, Canada
I let me 13 year old sister play the game for a couple of hours one time. About a week later I was in the car with her and my parents (was home for the summer). There is this crane about a 10 minute drive away that looks EXACTLY like the one in bf2. She was like "I climbed up that thing and sniped three guys". There was a moment of confusion from those not "in the know". Very funny moment,
ImChance
+0|6773|Tennessee
And they say that video games influence people's real lives....well, it appears so.
Honest officer, I thought they'd respawn in 15 seconds........
SrA_Shady
Slimshady -- The Real Medic
+0|6766|Sumter, South Carolina

{DsM}SongofWar[BoC] wrote:

I let me 13 year old sister play the game for a couple of hours one time. About a week later I was in the car with her and my parents (was home for the summer). There is this crane about a 10 minute drive away that looks EXACTLY like the one in bf2. She was like "I climbed up that thing and sniped three guys". There was a moment of confusion from those not "in the know". Very funny moment,
LMAO. *hands song the trophy for best story*
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6795|Canberra, Australia
Yeah we have a huge fuck off yellow crane out the window of work that looks exactly like one from BF2, my mate in the next cubicle turns to me and says "Enemy sniper spotted" We both crack up laughing.

Also sometimes I just want to press E and jump out of my still moving car because I couldn't be bothered parking it...
Henkuz
Repairs on request
+28|6805|Alkmaar, the Netherlands
I scared myself last week, as I was driving in my car when I spotted a chopper in the distance and I wondered: "is it a friend or a foe?"  . . . .
MephistoJade
+0|6764|USA/England
Usually, when my friend and I are driving after playing BF2, we find ourselves tossing small cardboard boxes on the front of the car.....just in case we run into a tank.

JIHAD JEEP FOR LIFE!!!!
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6841|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
personally i've encountered a few situations where i've found myself resorting to in-game reflexes. as a matter of fact, you could say bf2...well...changed my life. PRAISE THE BATTLEFIELD!

1. whenever people are far away now, i slowly inch toward them prepared to fire trying to see if the name is red or blue/green.

2. paralell parking my car the other day i brushed the wheel against the curb and messed up the hubcap a little. it was after about 10 or 15 minutes of waiting in the car that i realized that my commander wasn't going to drop a supply box next to me to repair my vehicle.

3. while trying to wake up yesterday morning, my girlfriend told me (i'm a deep sleeper) that i was screaming random things like "holy shit! C4!" and "guys, arty watch out!" but the best was when she tried to wake me up by pushing me out of bed and apparently i told her with some clarvoyance that the drop was too short for my parachute to open.

4. everytime i see a panel truck turn a corner and lean to one side i check the top to make sure that there is no one manning the mg on the vodnik that could shoot me.

5. though i stopped myself, i almost dove under a row of seats at the airport yesterday (had to pick up my folks from a flight) when i heard a jet liner landing and mistook the noise for a jet making a bombing run on my position.

6. i never used to strafe when i walked... at least not this much.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6842|Missoula, MT
Whenever I'm at work now and see a cluster of "teammates" as I call them now, I'll utter, under my breath, "Enemy Boat Spotted"...makes me grin. 
KtotheIMMY
+513|6764
I've actually woken up in the middle of the night because I thought I heard someone shout for a medic. Wish I could remember that dream...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard