Poll

Do you think that US Soldiers like killing people, seriously?

Yes29%29% - 102
No51%51% - 179
I don't know11%11% - 39
Do not wish to comment8%8% - 28
Total: 348
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661
and i never said we're doing a good job in iraq.  another err in your judgement kiddo.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733
bubbalo, have u been in iraq? and u trust the media... and why would US soldiers like killing ppl, sure they were trained to kill, but they wouldnt just shoot ppl for fun. you shoot civilians and u spend a few decades in leavenworth
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6578
Your viewpoints, by and large, match the typical conservative viewpoint.  There are some things that some liberals believe which I disagree with, that doesn't mean I'm not liberal.  People on these forums seem to have a problem with viewing everything as black and white, when within anything there are shades of grey.  Some liberals are more liberal than others.  Some conservatives are more conservative than others.  Based on what you've said on these forums, I would say you're pretty conservative.

ninja:  Where did I say that US soldiers like to kill people?

Last edited by Bubbalo (2006-06-14 00:39:04)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661

Bubbalo wrote:

Your viewpoints, by and large, match the typical conservative viewpoint.  There are some things that some liberals believe which I disagree with, that doesn't mean I'm not liberal.  People on these forums seem to have a problem with viewing everything as black and white, when within anything there are shades of grey.  Some liberals are more liberal than others.  Some conservatives are more conservative than others.  Based on what you've said on these forums, I would say you're pretty conservative.

ninja:  Where did I say that US soldiers like to kill people?
quote me please.  I thought the things Ive said on this forum are pretty concurrent with the views of a veteran.  I have said this before, I am more liberal than anything else but I realize if you choose one side over the other i dont see much of a difference. an idealogue is an idealogue.  I dont call myself a moderate because that feels like kind of a cop out.  I am APOLITICAL.  bleeding heart liberals are no fucking different than ultra neo-cons, in my most humble opinion.  I guess you could call me a conservative when it comes to Defense and Gun Control.  Im on the left side of things everywhere else. but i rather consider myself American and leave it at that.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6726|Wilmington, DE, US

[pWa]Recon wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

You only don't see that it does because your a sniveling shithead who can't look past their own front door.
Good one. Tell me how it's "defending my freedom." So dramatic.

Come on, you want to talk shit, back it up. Prove to me how killing a member of the Republican Guard, an insurgent, or unarmed civilians affects MY freedom. Or how capturing Saddam does. I'll tell you this, there's a lot of money being wasted over there killing iraqis that can be put to good use here.

Then we got the whole NSA spying...very free.
Please go spend some time over seas... go see how the rest of the world lives... watch people getting killed in the streets of 3rd world countries and think to yourself that this could be the usa one day..... the war in iraq is not just about your freedoms, or my freedoms, or the iraqi's freedoms, it is about taking a man out of a roll that he had no place in to start with. like i said before, how would the face of the world look if hitler was in control, or stallin(sp?), Ho Chi Mien... your freedoms would not be there... you would not have the right to speak your mind....(which in any case may be a good thing, cause your dribble it annoying at best). people say that this war is about really oil, and other crap... maybe it is, however, think about this... the next time you get into mommy and daddy's car to finger you own ass all the way to the store, it runs on gas... people are crying now at $3/gal what would we(the us) do at 6 bucks per/gal...? that would hurt...huh? this war had reasons that i am not aware of, however, doing my duty as an american soldier, i would fight it over and over and over again if needed.... why... cause it is what our country's leaders think we need to do....   

now think of this... we are coming up on an election year... who wants to bet that every person running for pres says that they will "bring our boys home", and then who wants to bet that we will still be there 2 years - 4 years after the new pres takes office... why... cause we have to be, iraq was run by a murderous man for so many years, that their entire gov needs to be told what to do now, they are trying, however, they will need time... strong countries are not built in 3 years.

to wrap this up... everything the military does effects your freedoms in one way or another, if the military takes to the streets to enforce laws... your freedoms are stripped for the time being.. if the military goes over seas to fight, it is because we need to, not because we want to.... you try being out in the sand for months at a time, with only a blister bag of warm water to drink, freaking MRE's everyday for at least 1 meal, and "bird baths" once a week, wet wipes become your  friend, and gold bond cream is your BEST friend, cause sand gets into places that you didn't know you had. 

~Recon
I have spent time overseas. Nice assumption. This isn't about them though, this is about America. You're an idiot for wanting to fight this war just because you're ordered to. Takes a certain kinda person to just bend over and take it up the ass. Own my own car too, thank you. Gas prices are higher for so many reasons related to the military. Tanks don't get very good MPG, and alienating oil producing countries doesn't help much either.

Speaking of murderous men, Bush's orders have kill quite a few innocent people don't you think? Far more than 3,000. But Iraqi life is worth less than American life. We will punish the innocent until the WTC have been avenged!

Strong countries may not be built in 3 years, agreed, but Halliburton's stock shot up rather quickly don't you think?

And as for that last part...I have been. Not with the military, but I've been there and done that. Wet wipes do come in handy for so many things.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661
where have you been
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6781|Dallas

Ikarti wrote:

Tanks don't get very good MPG, and alienating oil producing countries doesn't help much either.
I don't have a problem with any other part other than this.  Are you serious?

By that standing NASCAR and all it's little spin-off sports should have been shut down YEARS ago.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6578

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

quote me please.  I thought the things Ive said on this forum are pretty concurrent with the views of a veteran.  I have said this before, I am more liberal than anything else but I realize if you choose one side over the other i dont see much of a difference. an idealogue is an idealogue.  I dont call myself a moderate because that feels like kind of a cop out.  I am APOLITICAL.  bleeding heart liberals are no fucking different than ultra neo-cons, in my most humble opinion.  I guess you could call me a conservative when it comes to Defense and Gun Control.  Im on the left side of things everywhere else. but i rather consider myself American and leave it at that.
Because all veterans think the same?  Apolitical?  So you don't vote?  Every issue I have heard you speak on, you have taken a conservative viewpoint.  Maybe you just haven't spoken on issues on which you have a more liberal viewpoint, I don't know.  Fact is, I can't comment on views you haven't posted.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661

Bubbalo wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Because all veterans think the same?  Apolitical?  So you don't vote?  Every issue I have heard you speak on, you have taken a conservative viewpoint.  Maybe you just haven't spoken on issues on which you have a more liberal viewpoint, I don't know.  Fact is, I can't comment on views you haven't posted.
quote me.  your assuming im a conservative because im a veteran and proud of my service and I have mostly good things to say about my last employer.  dont get it twisted.

its 0100 right now, no need to stay up. peace in the middle east

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-06-14 00:56:45)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6578

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

quote me
How about you find a thread where you've taken a liberal stance.  If you can, then I'll look back and see what I can find.  But you should know your posts better than me, and I don't have days to spare crawling through old threads.

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

peace in the middle east
A noble aim, I just think America's going about it the wrong way.

Last edited by Bubbalo (2006-06-14 00:58:20)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6781|Dallas

Bubbalo wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I understand where Gunslinger is coming from here.  It's one of those things that most people won't understand unless they have been in the system themselves.  When I look at myself and my views today as opposed to before I went into the military it's like black and white.

The one major thing it taught me is that the only people who vote based on a party's view or thier "faction's" view, be it liberal or conservative, are not very bright.  Everything should be taken into account as YOU see fit, not a party or a group or a faction.  You can be against Gun Control and be Pro-Life.  You can like chirstian morals but oppose having the Ten Commandments on court houses.  It depends on how it makes you feel as an individual, not how everyone else you associate yourself with feels.  If that makes me apolitical, so be it.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6578

Cougar wrote:

The one major thing it taught me is that the only people who vote based on a party's view or thier "faction's" view, be it liberal or conservative, are not very bright.  Everything should be taken into account as YOU see fit, not a party or a group or a faction.  You can be against Gun Control and be Pro-Life.  You can like chirstian morals but oppose having the Ten Commandments on court houses.  It depends on how it makes you feel as an individual, not how everyone else you associate yourself with feels.  If that makes me apolitical, so be it.
Oh yes.  Because only soldiers have complex viewpoints, after all, all the smart people go into the military
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733

Bubbalo wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Oh yes.  Because only soldiers have complex viewpoints, after all, all the smart people go into the military
The military makes ppl have more individuality since they teach ppl about leadership and how to help others...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6578

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

The military makes ppl have more individuality since they teach ppl about leadership and how to help others...
Uh-huh........I'm going to ignore the idiocy of this statement and skip right to the part where it contradicts the idea that most veterans think alike...........
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6781|Dallas

Bubbalo wrote:

Cougar wrote:

You see, this is the main reason I hate you and Xietsu with a passion.  I make a post that contributes to the discussion, that is my viewpoint, my opinion, in a mature and postive manner without attacking a single person.  You two motherfuckers come back within two seconds with some snotty and useless post for whatever reason (if anyone has an answer for that, please, let me know).  You guys almost sound like you have some kind of envy of military members for whatever reason, because you seem to look for reasons to attack us to no end, I don't understand why.  I actually thought for a few seconds someone would have something constructive or at least a counter-point to that comment, not a snotty one-liner.

I'm sorry that the rest of the world doesn't measure up in Bubbalo's eyes.  Excuse us.  Meanwhile you're still an un-important and ignorant fuck that no one loves or cares about.  have a great day you worthless sack of shit.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6572

Cougar wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I understand where Gunslinger is coming from here.  It's one of those things that most people won't understand unless they have been in the system themselves.  When I look at myself and my views today as opposed to before I went into the military it's like black and white.

Healthy enough viewpoints. Some of the more mature comments I have heard from you and Gunslinger in recent times. This coming from someone who's normally on the other side of the argument from ye with respect to a large number of topics.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-06-14 01:17:49)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6578

Cougar wrote:

You see, this is the main reason I hate you and Xietsu with a passion.  I make a post that contributes to the discussion, that is my viewpoint, my opinion, in a mature and postive manner without attacking a single person.
You don't seem to manage it too often.........

Cougar wrote:

You two motherfuckers come back within two seconds with some snotty and useless post for whatever reason (if anyone has an answer for that, please, let me know).
Or maybe it's because in this case a paragraph would have wasted space.  The sentiment was easily contained there:  you claimed that going through the military, and then elaborated on what it was.  I pointed out that most people with half a brain know that without joining the military.

Cougar wrote:

You guys almost sound like you have some kind of envy of military members for whatever reason
Oh yes, I truly wish to run around killing people all day.  Whoopee, what fun.

Cougar wrote:

because you seem to look for reasons to attack us to no end, I don't understand why.
Oh, yes.  I insult everything I want to be.  By your logic, I must consider George Bush the bestest person in tha whole wide world.  As to why I seem to attack you the army no end, it probably has something to do with you lot always going on about how the American army is defending freedom everywhere.  Here's a hint: you aren't.  You're just like the colonial British, or the imperial Romans, or any number of other examples, defending your interests.

Cougar wrote:

I'm sorry that the rest of the world doesn't measure up in Bubbalo's eyes.  Excuse us.
Fine, you're excused, whatever.  Fact is, there are plenty of people who I greatly admire.  But then, that would matter to you, since they're probably on lowlife liberal good for nothing losers

Cougar wrote:

Meanwhile you're still an un-important and ignorant fuck that no one loves or cares about.  have a great day you worthless sack of shit.
Thank, I'll try to.  I'm curious as to how you know who loves or cares about me, but whatever.  I honestly don't care.  For me, it is enough to know that I give a damn about peope other than those waving my nation's flag.  That you can't see beyong your own nose saddens me.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6781|Dallas

Bubbalo wrote:

As to why I seem to attack you the army no end, it probably has something to do with you lot always going on about how the American army is defending freedom everywhere.  Here's a hint: you aren't.  You're just like the colonial British, or the imperial Romans, or any number of other examples, defending your interests.
You know what?  I don't fucking care anymore.  People like you ruin whatever sympathy I had for other less fortunate countries.  Defending our interest's?  SO WHAT!?  Do something about it if you don't like it!  Go to Iraq and join the Insurgency and fight the good fight!  At this point in time, I could care less why we are over there anymore because it doesn't matter, we are over there and we ain't coming home until the government decides to bring them home.  I hope they put the country in such a damned strangle hold that oil shoots out of their asses and I can finally get a gallon of gas at a decent fucking price.  Good for us, we are bigger than you and if you don't like it, go tattle to the fucking teacher.

Am I selfish?  Yeah, and so fucking what, do something about it if you don't like it.  Am I a Pro-American, Pro-Conservative prick?  Tell me something I don't know.

As a matter of fact, guess what I'm going to do tomorrow, I'm getting in my big Chevy pickup truck that gets 12 mpg and I'm driving the LONG way to McDonald's where I plan on buying a big fat greasy ass hamburger, then I'm going to drive slow in the fast lane all the way to the gun-range eating my big fat greasy hamburger and right before I arrive, I'm tossing my trash out the window.  Once I'm in the firing range I'm going to draw a turban on the target and write "RAGHEAD" at the bottom and proceed to fill it full of bullets.  When I'm done, I'm going to Wal-Mart to buy $100's worth of beef and Mountain Dew and then I'm coming home to fuck my girlfriend and then make her cook it while I watch stories about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's kid on CNN while I eat a fat ass bowl of hamburger helper.  I'll sit here on my computer and play BF2 for the next 4 hours and when I'm done, I'll bitch about how bad I have it for the next hour.  I'll finally fall asleep after I start watching a film about starving Ethiopians.

Wanna know what I won't be doing tomorrow?  Giving a shit about what Bubbalo thinks about it.

Long Live the motherfucking American Empire.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

Cougar wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Tanks don't get very good MPG, and alienating oil producing countries doesn't help much either.

By that standing NASCAR and all it's little spin-off sports should have been shut down YEARS ago.
Good point. Hadn't crossed my mind.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6781|Dallas

Ikarti wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

I don't know about you, but if they shut down NASCAR tommorow I wouldn't give two shits.  It's nothing but a waste of gas.  It's just a bunch of stupid advertisments driving around in a circle for 2 hours and every now and then one crashes.  Whoop-dee-doo.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6578
It appears, Cougar, that you finally get it.  Those people dieing in Iraq aren't dieing for any higher cause, they're dieing for money.  I understand that.  Apparently you do too.  Which puts us on equal ground, 'cause I don't give a fuck what you think either.

And now eeeeeverybody's happy.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

Cougar wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

Cougar wrote:

I don't know about you, but if they shut down NASCAR tommorow I wouldn't give two shits.  It's nothing but a waste of gas.  It's just a bunch of stupid advertisments driving around in a circle for 2 hours and every now and then one crashes.  Whoop-dee-doo.
They only go for the crashes. Downstate there's a race track and people RENT parking spots to put their trailers. Traffic gets horrible, but I never go down there anyway.
buttersIRL
+17|6614
Lol best post I've seen yet from you yet, good to see your true colors at last.

You should write honest posts more often.
Reciprocity
+721|6598|the dank(super) side of Oregon
i have nothing but respect for our soldiers.  their existence helps insure the rights and freedoms we Americans hold so dear.   They are always ready and willing to go to awful places and do awful things when necessary.  The U.S. Armed Forces have always been the great deterrent and that's how is should always be.  You mess with us, you get the hurt.  my problem is with the way politicians abuse the obedience and dedication of our Armed Forces.   I'm not trying to stir up shit on this forum, but I don't see, nor did i ever see how overthrowing Hussein would make the U.S., much less the Middle East, any safer.  I'm nothing but proud of what our military has done in Iraq,  they have done their job.  They're busting their asses every day fighting that war(which they aren't getting paid for) while the president is on TV, making jokes about finding WMD's.   Our soldiers fought and died to secure those nonexistent WMD's and he's making a fucking joke about it.  Our soldiers aren't given adequate body armor, or safe vehicles.  do they complain?  no.  they do the job they are asked to do.  they are  the most valuable asset of all, and our elected officials treat them like shit, like some expendable tool.  and that is what's fucked up.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6578

Reciprocity wrote:

(which they aren't getting paid for)
???

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard