Was Armored Fury worth buying?

Yes68%68% - 131
No8%8% - 17
Its ok, Like EF and will fade quick22%22% - 44
Total: 192
Stun_Gun
The Tom Cruise of BF2 pilots
+102|6774|California, US
I haven't bought AF yet, and was wondering if you guys that have, think it was worth it?
If the maps are a blast and isnt like EF where people will stop playing after a little.
Thanks
??
+32|6600
I didnt buy it yet but i will friday looks good and getting good reviews i have EF thought it was good and i heard AF is better so im getting it
Crawdaddy79
+27|6538
I think it's a lot better than Euro Force.  Midnight Sun is a really good map... Has planes but they're almost useless.  I hate maps where the air power is dominant over everything else.  I'm not a good pilot so I really hate maps like Wake Island and Zatar Wetlands because I always get creamed.

Road Rage is a good map too, as long as you manage to always keep at least one flag outside of your base.  If they all get capped, then you might as well disconnect because you wont get much of a chance to get another one.

Operation Harvest hasn't matured yet.  US doesn't seem to realize they don't need to use their tanks to capture the closest checkpoint (overlook hill or something) because I am constantly demolishing them with one of the two HJ-8s at that flag.  Also laying AT Mines helps.  Once people playing US realizes that they don't need that flag from the start of the match, and move the tanks around to avoid getting blown up things will look very bad for MEC.  Like I said.... Harvest is balanced right now.  In two or three months it will lay heavy in US favor.
lowyaukee
+2|6836
AF is the best among SF, EF and AF.
]TsS[ ][Serial|<illr][
+9|6530|Florida
Yes It Was The Maps Are Great
~dogpile87~
+6|6572
a lot better than EF.  maps are good, are vehicles are cool and just all around a good change to the basic bf2 playing experience.
Maj.Do
+85|6753|good old CA
i got it and liked it, Gamespot didnt like it, 7.4/10 lol, the original bf2 got 9.3/10
eagles1106
+269|6585|Marlton, New Jersey.
i really like it, but for some reason only played it one day
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

eagles1106 wrote:

i really like it, but for some reason only played it one day
Maybe you liked it, but it wasn't 'standout' enough to warrant more playing over normal BF2?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6568|NYC / Hamburg

i love AF. Especially air to air (heli and jets). Fave map is midnight sun. Great for jets and helis
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6646|Cardiff - Wales - UK
Love it.  It's only a shame more people have'nt bought it.

My clan runs a 64 player server and we often go from a full server to around 10-20 people when an AF maps rolls into rotation.

Still enough players for a round, but I would love to play a full 64 player AF map.
Stun_Gun
The Tom Cruise of BF2 pilots
+102|6774|California, US
Thanks guys for your post, was seeing if it was worth buying and now hearing the post i will be buying it sometime soon and will help fill that sever lol.

@ Stomper_40k whats the ip for the 64 server?
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6770|Human Meat Shield
Its the best if you are a tank hoe or an aircrap whore. I thought it was going to be strictly ARMOR, when did aircrap be considered Armor. THe Little Bird is freaking unstoppable if flown correctly. You HAVE to be in a squad and the MAP has to be more than 45 people to be worth it. Otherwise it turns into "look at me, I am leet I killed 85 and 0 deaths"
Coot11M
+7|6667
I love AF. Definately worth buying.

Operation Harvest is a great map. It is fast becoming my favorite map to play right now. The tank battles are numerous, the attack choppers dominance is nearly a non factor. I took down the Mi-28 3 times with tank rounds in one round the other day. Every round it seems like I get a couple scout & attack choppers with tank rounds, while maybe dying once from a TV missile. You must play engineer and squad up if playing armor. Stick together and don't work the roads too much. If  playing infantry, go AT. Nothing scares the crap out of a tank driver than getting hit once in the front/rear tracks, and then getting toned again. Makes them get alittle nervous. Just remember, make them come to you. Don't try to be Rambo and take out a tank with a AT rocket at distance. It rarely works on this map.

Operation Road Rage initially was my favorite map of the bunch, it has moved into 2nd place. Great map however. The air threat can be easily taken of by working the Linebacker or Tungusta on the edges, in otherwords don't drive down or around the highway. Work the farthest edges without making your AA missiles blind. I recieved my expert AA badge doing this. It was piece of cake. Remember to play engineer or support while in a AA vehicle. Those missiles sure do run out fast. If playing armor, don't worry about the Overpass flag. Go around it, not under it, around it. Overpass is carpet bomb city. Stay away. Take Junk Yard or Shopping mall instead. If flying, stay high, dive bomb and get back up quickly. Had a persistant bugger the other day that thought he could fly over me at low altitude with his A10 to put a few yoo-hoos up my boo-boo. Umm. Yeah. Right. Tank rounds make quick work of any plane. Knocked him down 4 times with a T90. He eventually gave up.

Midnight Sun, love the look of the map. That's about as much as I can say. Game play hasn't impressed me much. Still giving it a shot, though. It just may be one of those maps you don't know you like until you have 20hrs in it. I have noticed the Armor in the uncaps rarely gets used unless pushed back that far. Attack choppers have more of a presence on this map than any other AF map.
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6586|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
I clicked on the one that said it was like EF and would fade away soon, which I believe it will, but I was real disappointed in some of the vehicles.  The attack jets are shit and the scout choppers own the attack choppers.  Not very realistic in my opinion at all.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

It's only ten bucks for most people. Chances are you were going to waste ten bucks on consumables at some stage, so why not spend it on a couple more maps for BF2?
Wish I could have it, but my iCafe is refusing to get anything besides patches from the EA Downloader thing.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
RedVigor
+3|6686
I think it was worth the £5.99 the three maps are great, Harvest wasn't favourite until I changed my style of play and started to groundpound as its not all about the tanks to win.

I have noticed after the intial first few days you can sometimes find people arn't always taking the planes, I've played a few games and half the time they were in the hangers still.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6695|Howell, Mi USA
Definatly worth buying dude. All the maps are cool, especially Operation Harvest with no jets just armor/helo/ground combat. And the Little Bird is worth the 10 bucks by itself
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Viper38
+118|6671
I think it is worth the money ...
FlyingPenguin
+3|6545
i like it....the only thing i would like to see was new guns...but hey its dice..so lol

i think its worth it
[-UG-] Söldner
+-1|6724|USA
AF is worth buying, its hella fun and is better than EF.

My clan runs a 64 player server and it starts to fill up but people leave whenever Midnight sun starts up, people should join our server its a blast.

Last edited by [-UG-] Söldner (2006-06-13 15:50:09)

Vinny
+7|6776| The Dirtty Dirtty
Its Great for those Chopper lovers Operation Harvest is the Map to go.....Nuttin but Targets...lol
lumpkin
+1|6652|USA
I wish I could trade euro forces for it.
servo
+7|6641
I rather enjoy Midnight Sun.   A fun map and made more fun with the littlebirds.
AlphaMale
AKA <{SoE}>Agamemnar
+16|6527
af is boring.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard