BaseballRulez19
+3|6529|Illinois
Ok, some one had recently told me that you need to buy the Special Forces Xpac in order to unlock those seksi guns like the L9 sniper and the G36E medic unlock. My questions are:

1.) Do you need to first unlock the original unlock gun? For example, in order for me to unlock the G36E for a medic, I will need to unlock the L8xxx gun first?

2.) If I unlock the flashbang, will it give me that sweet new gun that I have picked up a couple times with a grenade launcher and it looks like an OICW (A OICW was in SOCOM 2 for PS2, it may also be an actual real life gun, but I am not sure)

3.) What is/are the best unlock(s)? I know the sniper rifle is good, but I am looking for something more of the run and gun type.

Thanks!

Last edited by BaseballRulez19 (2006-06-12 15:18:56)

Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6713|Norway
1- Yes
2- If you unlock the F2000 you will get flashbangs yes
3 - What kit do you play? unlock that and run with it (pun intended )

GL HF!!!
Defiance
+438|6671

Extension on 3:

Generally the best guns in the game are DAO12, L96A1, G36E/C and AK-101, but it's not an unluck.
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6685|Seattle
Extension on extension on 3:

PKM ownz!
BaseballRulez19
+3|6529|Illinois
Alright, I guess I have to unlock that L8 then to get to that seksi G36E

Edit: I just unlocked the L8, but I can't figure out on how to unlock the G36E now ..... I have 1 unlock remaining.

Last edited by BaseballRulez19 (2006-06-12 18:34:58)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone
1. Yes but you will also get double the unlocks so it means you don't have to wait an longer (or you could get 2 first option unlocks).
2. You unlock the f2000 (not the flash bangs) they are a packaged kit. You cant use flash bangs with AK101, m16 or g3 (unless your playing SF).
3. PKM (pwnz all), g36E, g36C, L96A1.

To get the extra unlocks and to unlock the new guns you must play a round in SF and unlock the guns with SF installed. But once you have done this you dont need SF anymore, so if you dont want to play SF just go to a friends house who has it log onto your account get the unlocks and you save some money. But i have to say SF maps are alot more involving then vanilla maps, they require alot more team work and are more stimulating, so i recomend buying and playing SF.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2006-06-12 18:41:48)

BaseballRulez19
+3|6529|Illinois
So all I have to do is play one round of an online Special Forces map, and then I will be able to unlock the Special Forces guns?

Am I correct, or did I read your response wrong?
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone
Thats right. must be ranked tho
BaseballRulez19
+3|6529|Illinois
I just pl;ayed a couple expansion maps .... ghost town being one of them, and even played with the medic kit.

I still can not choose the G36E as my unlock.

Also for some reason my unlock thing popped up saying I now have 3 remaining unlocks instead of one .... if you play an expansion map, are your unlocks doubled?

Do I have to switch some type of modification in order to choose the G36E or do I have to unlock every single first unlock first in order to get to the 2nd round of unlocks?
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6685|Seattle
PLaying SF does double your unlocks.

Are you sure you can't pick it?  Try going through all the unlocks and see if it's there.

Also it would be helpful if you posted a link to your stats.

Last edited by Erwin_Rommel188 (2006-06-12 19:43:18)

BaseballRulez19
+3|6529|Illinois
Nevermind, I got them.

My BF2 name is the same as my forum name, FYI.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6627|Warlord

Friluftshund wrote:

1- Yes
2- If you unlock the F2000 you will get flashbangs yes
3 - What kit do you play? unlock that and run with it (pun intended )

GL HF!!!
What he said.

When you get the FN2000 you get 4 lovely flashbangs (instead of just one measly smoke grenade in the basic kit). In case you didn't know you can use these to blind vehicle drivers also so if you have any special ops friends you can help them take out armour.

Here's the wiki page for comparisons on all the weapons if you haven't seen it:
http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/comparison

I know you already have them but more on 3:
The PKM is a monster in the right hands if you want to go support; you missed its sniping heyday between two updates, when it had the ability to snipe but it's still a good gun. The MG36 is also good, the three-shot burst makes for lethality at the right range.

Don't overlook the G3 for assault, although it has a small magazine (20 rounds) and iron sights it packs a hell of a punch and it's quite accurate on single shot.

I don't really care for the G36E for close-in work but I've been taken out by it many times so again, in the right hands it's a good alternative. I prefer the L85A1 myself although at any distance on full auto it sucks ass, so use auto close up and single shot at distance (you'll even get snipers sometimes if you're good).

Personally though, if you're not USMC and your class has either the AK-101 or AK-47 go with those! And of course if you are USMC watch out for dropped kits on the battlefield that might have these.

Although again it has iron sights instead of a red-dot sight the G36C is a nice alternative for special ops. The SCAR-L just doesn't do it for me, but it has two extra damage points per hit so it can't be overlooked and it does have a red-dot sight.

The L96A1 is arguably the best sniper rifle in the game. The M24 is actually nearly as good but when you unlock the L96 you of course then have a good long-range rifle available when playing MEC or PLA which is why I consider it a must-have unlock if you like to snipe. But don't overlook the M95 for its power (takes any class down to two bars health) and for anti-pilot shooting of course, but the scope leaves a lot to be desired for me.
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6713|Norway
Flash vehicles for the C4 guy?
Hell, you can flash the passing jet-pilot and let the ground or some random noob-tree get a free kill on him..
BaseballRulez19
+3|6529|Illinois
Woah, so you are saying that I can throw a flashbang in front of a tank, and then the guy inside the tank will be blinded?

Damn! I guess I should make more use of the flashbang .... I was kind of thinking I made a bad choice by unlocking the F2000 because the G36E is just like an assualt kit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard