funkstrong
+3|6536
It could be like anti-tank but with only 2 missiles or something.  I KNOW that they exist.  Look up FIM-92 Stinger on google.  They could be nerfed so they don't do much damage to land vehicles.  This would really balance out the air superiority.  I don't know, just a thought.  Sorry if somebody has already suggested it.

-Funk
Festu
Shoozabalooza
+29|6656
Yes, there was post like that.
But i think if this class will be added to BF2, it create real hell for pilots.
cat4ever
+69|6760|CATALONIA
LOL, nice Idea but what is with them in karkand or maps without choppers or jets?
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6745|The Hague, Netherlands

AA whores hehe, could be nice but i dunno, i think they should leave it like it is
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Festu
Shoozabalooza
+29|6656

cat4ever wrote:

LOL, nice Idea but what is with them in karkand or maps without choppers or jets?
We start to take off snipers falling down from the buildings.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6842|Kubra, Damn it!

Please search next time. This has already been posted many, many times.
carty8
30-round burst expert
+7|6625|Indiana, USA
I think an anti-air kit would be a great idea.  On the maps without choppers and jets just don't be anti-air.

There would be a fair chance that it would create a balance problem, but there's surely a way it could be made to work.
funkstrong
+3|6536
Yeah they would be pretty useless without any jets or helos to shoot down.  Maybe it could just be an unlocked weapon for the AT kit.  It seems balanced to me though.  If you compare air vehicles vs land vehicles you get one major advantage for the air.  Tanks and APC's have to constantly worry about a hidden AT trooper, helis and jets do not.  A good example would be taking the AT weapon away from the AT kit, and you could only kill vehicles with other vehicles and TOWs.  Thats what air vehicles are facing.
<b|k> lukie
+7|6729|Germany

funkstrong wrote:

[...]A good example would be taking the AT weapon away from the AT kit, and you could only kill vehicles with other vehicles and TOWs.  Thats what air vehicles are facing.
Hehe this is good.

Well Helos are balanced now i think. But planes have practically no enemies except jets and mobile AA: Take support kit, drive with your tunguska to a place where enemy ground units cant find you, GET OUT of it and wait. If a plane fliess by, give him 6 suppositories in his hot butt.  Most pilots dont use their eyes, they only rely on "the boxes" and "grey flags".

But stingers are too bad. DICE often placed them really bad: On oman the beach stingers face in the wrong direction: WHO has ever managed to shoot down a APPROACHING jet? They have to face away.

Conclusion: Stinger kit would make helos too weak, but planes would FINALLY have to FEAR SOMETHING.

A GOOD SOLUTION would be a (stationary) defense system with a relative SMALL attacking radius, but everything inside this radius that flies has to be EASY QUICK PREY. This would be fair. Planes would not attack this small AA defended points. I mean planes flying over real PATRIOT sites are dead meat.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6625|InGerLand
In my experiance by the time you see the jet or helicopter you've already been dead for 10 seconds. If your lucky and see it before it kills you then your still dead your just lagging.
Adogg
+5|6561
http://www.wccsquad.com/

WCC's CoOp Mod has exactly this ... I'd give it a try if you like this idea.
cat4ever
+69|6760|CATALONIA

Festu wrote:

cat4ever wrote:

We start to take off snipers falling down from the buildings.
LOL!
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6739|Cambridge, England
jesus, you cant just add an AA kit into the game. Mobile AA's are difficult enough to find when your in a chopper, now if every tom dick and harry can shoot AA missiles out of a window how ridiculus will that be?? and dont get me started on "well in real life....."

adding an aa kit is like adding a "terminator" kit, comes with a humungus chaingun which penetrates armour and walls, also has very heavy armour. sure it would be cool for the people who were using but theres no way it can feasibly be done without destroying the very fragile balance
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6537|Boston, MA
They should just do what they did in Desert Combat for BF1942, just give the Anti-Tank Stinger missiles.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6688|Disaster Free Zone
In my experience there is enough anti-air (stingers, linebackers, other jets/helis) it just no one uses them. There is 1 stinger site at most spawn points in maps with jets and if people bothered to man them pilots wouldnt last very long. Yes its easy to get away form 1-2 stingers from the same place but imagine 4-8 from 4 different areas, It just takes alittle bit of effort, teamwork and maybe sacrificing your life to take down a jet. And helis have no chance against that many stingers.
Adogg
+5|6561

funkstrong wrote:

If you compare air vehicles vs land vehicles you get one major advantage for the air.  Tanks and APC's have to constantly worry about a hidden AT trooper, helis and jets do not.  A good example would be taking the AT weapon away from the AT kit, and you could only kill vehicles with other vehicles and TOWs.  Thats what air vehicles are facing.
Exactly ... it can be codded so that these weapons only appear on maps with Helos/Jets.

Anways ... I'm playing the CoOp mod I mentioned earlier and it's already got them. They work well and if you think it's unbalanced then try them out first.
Adogg
+5|6561

DrunkFace wrote:

In my experience there is enough anti-air (stingers, linebackers, other jets/helis) it just no one uses them. There is 1 stinger site at most spawn points in maps with jets and if people bothered to man them pilots wouldnt last very long. Yes its easy to get away form 1-2 stingers from the same place but imagine 4-8 from 4 different areas, It just takes alittle bit of effort, teamwork and maybe sacrificing your life to take down a jet. And helis have no chance against that many stingers.
So my whole team is sitting in stationary stinger sites while ONE guy on your team is in a plane? (BTW everyone knows WHERE those sites are but not YOUR plane since we don't even have radar).

And THAT's balanced? Hardly.

The only ones who lose would be the Helos since they are so slow. I say up their armor v. the stinger and/or lower the repair times for those that DO make it back to the helo pad.
ARCUK73
+9|6563|UK
I posted this before.. And got bad karma for it! hahahahaha from a pilot..!!

Excellent idea! love it 110%
-r3-anubis
+73|6544|florida
In desert combat the anti armor (aka tank) had an anti air missile thing. But thats in BF 1942.
Cohammer
+61|6545
anti air would be sweet, it would need fast turning rockets, and fast rockets, but short range, but useless against armor
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6705

Dc...
Viper38
+118|6677
I used to like this class on BFV ... shame it wasn't carried over to BF2
iNcR3d1bl3
+1|6748|Illinois
aren't there enough anti air as it is? whenever I try flying I seem to get locked on pretty quick and go down even faster
funkstrong
+3|6536
I might just have some sort of psychotic addiction to shooting down air units.  I could see it getting WAY out of hand, with air vehicles being shot out the sky seconds after takeoff.  Maybe it just boils down to more people wanting to shoot down planes and choppers.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6680|Houston, Texas
Back in Novalogic's Joint Operations, The Engineer Kit had the ability to Choose what he needed. Javelins for the tank, RPG, Stingers for Helos. Tank mines. Etc.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard