B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6847|Cologne, Germany

Xietsu wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

I believe we have had the haditha debate already and I think most of us agreed that there is no possibility for a serious debate without the investigation having been concluded. No one of us was there and even those with military experience can only speculate.

The original thread was closed after 8 pages. If anyone cares, it can be found here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=27121&p=1.

Not surprisingly, this thread has turned out to be just as entertaining, and it seems it is only a matter of hours until it is also closed. The positions are taken, the frontline has been drawn...

Can anyone post an updated news report on the investigation ? That way, we could at least try to keep ourselves informed on the facts of the matter before continuing this "debate"...

EDIT: Xietsu, I believe you still owe cougar an answer...
Apparently you too are also blind of the fact. I thought you were better than this, but then again, I suppose a lot of people fall short of my positive impressions made about them.
sorry to bust your bubble. Seems like I am no better than anyone else.

EDIT: actually, I thought that was kind of funny, but my humor seems wasted. Doesn't matter. We're good.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6843

Bubbalo wrote:

So, those unarmed civilians were shooting at them?  Now, if only we could figure out how to do that, you could ban guns!  'Course, it wouldn't have had much effect...........
Does anyone have any idea what he was trying to say in the above statment ?

Bubbalo wrote:

Edit:  Isn't it fun how whenever a topic gets bumped you get karma for comments you'd forgotten making?  Seriously, it's like a trip down memory lane!
He forgot what he said our maybe he forgot what he believes? either way there is no long term memory. No big surprises here.

How about coalition Forces, took and returned fire on a building.

Could the Small Arms in the building have been carried of by retreating insurgents?
Were some of the dead they found later the ones that had been shooting?
Were they held there against their will in the building and hit by coalition fire?
Were they killed by insurgents in their homes before the ambush to prevent their warning coalition troop?

or any of many scenarios which could exonerate or convict coalition troops. No one knows yet. An investigation may reveal the truth.

But you know absolutely nothing at all.

That much you prove again and again casting about learned statements like this...

Bubbalo wrote:

The point was that the US could strike the USSR with nukes, the USSR could not strike the US.
The sad part is, that really isn't his best quote.

My point that you couldn't address was ....
" what is your Accidental TK rate in a Computer game played in the comfort and safety ( secured by US Forces in 1943 ) of your own home? "

Last edited by Horseman 77 (2006-07-03 07:42:48)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5364|London, England

ATG wrote:

It was a New Moon and in the small valley they were camped in it was so dark the forms of the Joshua Trees barely traced an inky outline on the desert pavement they were camped on. Wolf sat away from me, on guard perhaps, in the direction of the base.

As the sky began to pierce the night with hints of blue we walked the mile or so to the fence without talking. I hadn't eaten anything but I was full of energy and we quickly climbed the wall of a wash at the edge of the fenced perimeter. Our plan was simple, no thanks to the Squirrel who had offered no insight on how to get inside the compound. We would approach the gate at sunrise, and ask to see The Preacher. If they were dumb enough to let me near him, I intended to split his face open with my hatchet. Other than that, planning seemed moot. Wolf would run interference and try to keep them off me, if it came to a fight.

Dawn came.

The entrance to the former military base was littered with burned out and destroyed vehicles. Formerly domesticated cats milled about the empty guard house. The fence was closed and ragged figures in tattered gray clothes and robes shuffled to the gate to meet us. Their eyes were cloudy with cataracts and most had skin turned yellow from what may have been kidney disease. Wolf covered his nose/snout because the stench of the rotting flesh was so strong. I looked up at the towers with the machine guns and it looked like the men manning them had been dead a few days. The one on the left was half draped out the window with dried gore coming from his ears and stringy gray matter trailing from his nose. The other one on the right was still and a kitten appeared to be eating the flesh of his hand, still on the gun.

http://i45.tinypic.com/kb4zft.jpg

I opened the gate and they shuffled back.

" These guys smell like they are all ready dead . " Wolf said.

I walked through the crowd that parted in a tense silence. Wolf placed his hand on my shoulder as if guiding me and we headed towards the tunnel entrance.

" They are. " I said.

They looked as much zombie as The Others. They were starved, and it was radiation sickness that made the skin hang in ribbons from their gaunt forms. Yet they were docile. I gentle shoved my way through them. One grasped my arm and tried to whisper something in a breath that smelled like rotten meat and musty cardboard. I pushed his arm away and my hand felt like I had rubbed it in warm butter. I wiped the rotten flesh on the the robes of the one in front of me as I pushed through the crowd. Pages of a book littered the ground. The Two Towers, by Tolkien.

Finally, Wolf and I stood before a door marked 8675309.
He unslung his shotgun and I pulled out my hatchet.
The crowd of the undead watched us without expression as we went inside.

*                                                              *                                                     *

Chicom Head Quarters

They were gathered around an oval table, twelve of them.  Magistrate of Argricullture, Minister of Dissent, Quarter Master, etc.

They had stick bodies now. Malnutrition had given them scurvy. The Master at Arms and Colonel Ho both were picking at lice in their scalp.

Hing was positioned under the Commanders seat, stroking his cock. The trouble was the Commander was dead. He had passed exactly twelve minutes ago and they had all sat there looking at each other, wondering what to do. Hing, obviously The Commanders lover was now hopelessly insane. The civies had long ignored the guns with the empty magazines and the tanks sat empty with dead batteries and dry gas tanks. The generators no longer illuminated the wire and there was no need to patrol anymore.
They were starving.

Two months ago the Commander had ordered another cull with the excuse being one guards dozing at the gate watch. The remaining men had lined up and Hing had walked behind them. Hing clubbed one to death and the men dragged him away. All was well until a bit of flesh in the pot that night revealed the skull and cross the guard had as a tattoo on his calf. Then the troops realized the real reason for the culls, wherein one in ten was selected for clubbing; the were for food.

The Chinese soldiers then more or less disbanded, heading into the wastelands as the people of the shanty town had been hanging those they caught.

The people of the shanty town now approached the gate of the Chinese military camp with torches and pitch forks. Some carried ropes fashioned into nooses.
The twelve men eyed each other nervously, knowing their time was at an end. Three of them pulled grenades from their vests, they all nodded to each other, and they pulled the pins as one and placed them on the desk.

INTERLUDE

The night is black
Without a moon.
The air is thick and still.
The vigilantes gather on
The lonely torchlit hill.

Features distorted in the flickering light,
The faces are twisted and grotesque.
Silent and stern in the sweltering night,
The mob moves like demons possesed.
Quiet in conscience, calm in their right,
Confident their ways are best.

The righteous rise
With burning eyes
Of hatred and ill-will.
Madmen fed on fear and lies
To beat and burn and kill.

http://i45.tinypic.com/21945ci.jpg
Why do you keep editing a three year old post? It's like the fifth time today.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS
holy shit this topic is old

xietsu
bubbalo
horseman 77!

oh, and ikarti

Last edited by Spark (2010-02-23 19:47:09)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6503

holy necropost G@lt!

look at the names - B.Schuss, Bubbalo, Horseman . . . jesus wept.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6524|Montucky
I miss Ikarti
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6722

S3v3N wrote:

I miss Ikarti
I lolled at his ban.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command
Because I work it out here and then update the zombie thread, drr.

Sometimes...
Chou
+737|6797
This thread is full of ban..
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6722
Bubbaloooo where are you?    lol
Love is the answer
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6491|England

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

there was no deliberate muder of civilians.  it was spray and pray MOUT tactics clearing rooms with unknown amount of enemy.

iraqis like to exaggerate
Is that supposed to make it ok?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6112|eXtreme to the maX
I miss the gung-ho rednecks BF2S used to have.

Cougar wrote:

What I was taught on my pre-AEF deployment training was if you know there are hostile's in the room toss a grenade in first then go in and shoot whatever is standing and doesn't have it's hands over it's head or isn't on the floor.  They pose a potential threat to YOUR safety and that is what is most important from a military standpoint.
Of course killing civilians in a country you're policing doesn't matter, just toss a grenade in and it'll work out fine.

Its just a pity my path never crossed with Bubbalo........
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6112|eXtreme to the maX
Since all the investigations are now concluded and no-one was punished.
New York Times reported that "Investigators have also concluded that most of the victims in three houses died from well-aimed rifle shots, not shrapnel or random fire, according to military officials familiar with the initial findings." Many of those killed have wounds from close-range fire, and their death certificates record "well-aimed shots to the head and chest" as the cause of death
Go Marines!
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard