GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6640
there was no deliberate muder of civilians.  it was spray and pray MOUT tactics clearing rooms with unknown amount of enemy.

iraqis like to exaggerate
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6761|Dallas
Agreed.  It creates media buzz and media buzz creates money and also good publicity for those whom the media would like to present it on and bad publicity for those they see it fit to present that on.

I take everything I read in the news with a grain of salt and unless I see solid evidence I have a hard time believing things like this.  Especially since I'm fresh out of the military and know how these things work.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6640
yup, once i heard more of the details I realize it was just a bunch of marines busting down doors with the automatic rifle in the front spraying from corner to corner.  some of the rooms were swept and cleared with grenads, not the kind of weapon you use to kill someone directly in front of you, but instead to clear a room before you spray with machine gun fire..

when the sucker pops you dont wait for the dust settle you rush in and shoot and go to the next room looking for the enemy

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-06-11 23:21:12)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6557
So they weren't malicious they were just dumb?  Well, that should make Iraqis feel a whole lot safer.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6761|Dallas

Bubbalo wrote:

So they weren't malicious they were just dumb?  Well, that should make Iraqis feel a whole lot safer.
Don't bring your Anti-American crap in here today,please.
easy-skanking
+43|6532
if the only thing to report is accidental killings then theres no story

media loves bad news
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6552

Bubbalo wrote:

Maybe...careless?
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6761|Dallas

Xietsu wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Maybe...careless?
CAUTIOUS PERHAPS!!??

If your car just blew up and killed someone and you thought they were in the house across the street, would you go in carelessly?  You go in cautiously.

Score 1 for people who have no clue as to the simplest of military maneuvers.
SiMSaM16
+48|6689|United States of America
The Iraqis don't appreciate what we are doing for them... even some of the ones that live in the US and hate us. If you hate the US and live here, move to Canada, Mexico or Cuba.

I think one of 2 things when it comes to Haditha.
1. The soldiers got pissed off cuz some Iraqi killed one of their buds and got angry, or
2. The civilians had something to do with the whole thing and pissed of the soldiers.

P.S. Is Castro still alive?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6557
So, a standard military maneuvre is to run around killing people without bother to check what you're shooting?  Well, my faith in the American army just skyrocketed.  Seriously, you guys must all be brilliant tactitians.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6761|Dallas

Bubbalo wrote:

So, a standard military maneuvre is to run around killing people without bother to check what you're shooting?  Well, my faith in the American army just skyrocketed.  Seriously, you guys must all be brilliant tactitians.
What I was taught on my pre-AEF deployment training was if you know there are hostile's in the room toss a grenade in first then go in and shoot whatever is standing and doesn't have it's hands over it's head or isn't on the floor.  They pose a potential threat to YOUR safety and that is what is most important from a military standpoint.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6688|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
I wonder if Bubbalo would go away if we ignored him....
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6557
There weren't any known insurgents in any of those rooms.  Regardless, the fault may lie partially with those procedures.

Last edited by Bubbalo (2006-06-12 00:26:58)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6761|Dallas

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

I wonder if Bubbalo would go away if we ignored him....
Is there a block or ignore button somewhere that I haven't found yet?
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6552

Cougar wrote:

Xietsu wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Maybe...careless?
CAUTIOUS PERHAPS!!??

If your car just blew up and killed someone and you thought they were in the house across the street, would you go in carelessly?  You go in cautiously.

I don't know the layout of the structure, but to miscalculate in your maneuvers to a scale in which you end up killing 20 civilians on accident--sounds like fucking carelessness to me. Apparently you didn't get the gist, your reading comprehension obviously fucking sucks.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6761|Dallas

Bubbalo wrote:

There weren't any known insurgents in any of those rooms.  Regardless, the fault may lie partially with those procedures.
And how in the hell do you know?  Were you there?  Have you ever been in the military?  The U.S. military?  Have you ever been to Iraq?  Have you ever even been in danger before?

Let me guess, you the type of person that reads the news, takes everything as solid truth and then tkae that false knowledge and spews it all over everyone else as fact.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6761|Dallas

Xietsu wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Xietsu wrote:

Maybe...careless?
CAUTIOUS PERHAPS!!??

I don't know the layout of the structure, but to miscalculate in your maneuvers to a scale in which you end up killing 20 civilians on accident--sounds like fucking carelessness to me. Apparently you didn't get the gist, your reading comprehension obviously fucking sucks.
Show me where it says accident.
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6552
So you now provide me with the implication that these soldiers should be sentenced. Dude, seriously, just get the fuck out. Wherever the hell you are, in whatever type of existence, just get the fuck out.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6761|Dallas

Xietsu wrote:

So you now provide me with the implication that these soldiers should be sentenced. Dude, seriously, just get the fuck out. Wherever the hell you are, in whatever type of existence, just get the fuck out.
Where do you live?
SiMSaM16
+48|6689|United States of America

Bubbalo wrote:

Bubbalo is gay.

Last edited by SiMSaM16 (2006-06-15 22:37:21)

[pWa]Recon
+27|6772
Ok... i don't know how many of you have cleared a hostel building before, but here is the scoop....

1: Entry with shotgun by removing the door from the hinges

2: grenadier lobs a M67 fragmentation grenade in to the newly opened door

3: personal start the sweep, if it is standing and there is a KNOWN hostel in the building, you have less then 1 second to make a shoot or stun choice ( stun being the butt stock of a weapon ).

4: control the situation, neutralize the enemy, identify combatants from non-combatants and search the dead.

5: non-combatants are restrained and questioned when time permits

6: combatants still breathing are questioned when time permits

7: exit building back to CA (company area) or SZ (safe zone)

8: perform an AAR (AFTER action review) to see what was done right/wrong. what could have been done differently.

9: watch what you did on CNN and wait for some shitbird in D.C. to cry about it

10: face charges cause most of this country has lost sense of what war means, it means death, destruction, and COLATERIAL DAMAGE. it happens, in the 60's it just was not on every major news network 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

~Recon
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6552
Yes, because 20 civilians huddle together amidst the killzone of a grenade, without making a vocal/physical peep for assessment as such (civilians)? Come the fuck on, no?
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6734|Pakistan/England

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

it was just a bunch of marines busting down doors with the automatic rifle in the front spraying from corner to corner.  some of the rooms were swept and cleared with grenads, not the kind of weapon you use to kill someone directly in front of you, but instead to clear a room before you spray with machine gun fire..

when the sucker pops you dont wait for the dust settle you rush in and shoot and go to the next room looking for the enemy
im not in on the full details of this incident, but doesnt your description give the impression of flawed tactics?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6557

Cougar wrote:

Let me guess, you the type of person that reads the news, takes everything as solid truth and then tkae that false knowledge and spews it all over everyone else as fact.
I am the type of person who believes that there is no excuse for killing an innocent willfully and knowingly.

[pWa wrote:

Recon]Ok... i don't know how many of you have cleared a hostel building before, but here is the scoop....
I'll give you a call next time the army visits the local YMCA.  As to your prescribed steps, they are not applicable, as none of the buildings were known to be hostile
[pWa]Recon
+27|6772
to my knowledge of the "incident" they saw a HOSTILE enter the building... that in and of itself is enough to label the building as such, as to the tactics employed by the insurgency.

~Recon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard