IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6803|Canberra, Australia
Most of the time I calculate the distance that the enemy is away from a flag.  Mostly they are fairly close to the flag....
i'm a pretty good sniper i can pick someone off in the distance fog with a headshot with one or two shots. so take it from me about sniping aim. for the fog headshots i get i usually aim with the first horizontal line below the actual crosshair. cause you have to basicly calculate the distance drop of the bullet and the movement of the individual the camping guys are simple its the guys on the run that are difficult. if you can pick a guy off in a jeep or a chopper your good to go.
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6803|Canberra, Australia
Yeah I wish I could do that, though I have taken out 1 chopper pilot while he was flying an attach chopper.
if anyone can pick off a guy in a jet i will bow to you the trick to sniping is basicly patients. wait for the shot and aim carefully and "click" "headshot". (name goes here) has humiliated (best friends name).
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6843
I've decided I don't like the M95.
I was playing on mashtuur and was playing as sniper.. couldn't hit a darned thing with the m95...  picked up my M24... I got 13 kills in less than like 5 minutes. headshots almost every time. to me, the M95 is not consistant enough for my liking.. who knows.. it's probably me.. but as of right now.. it's m24 all the way. I'll probably hop in with some buddies and practice with the M95 on a passworded server.. but until I get it right. I won't touch it in a ranked server.
dshak
+4|6823
check my stats and some of my other points, you will see I'm a fairly accomplished sniper. Without question the M24 is the best mid to long range rifle in the game. The ONLY advantage the M95 offers is the ability to shoot through glass. It does the same damage as the M24 but sacrifices accuracy over range.

The Chinese and MEC rifles are great fire support for mid to short range sniping, but really go to hell in a hurry in terms of accuracy over distance. I have many kills with each rifle, and there's no doubt at all the M24 is the best choice for the patient and efficient sniper. I only use my M95 now if I'm Chinese or MEC.

Also, bullet drop is there for sure, but I don't know WHAT the guy above is talking about when he refered to using the first horizontal line BELOW the actual crosshair. I haven't got a dang clue how it would hit anything at all doing that, the majority of those shots would clear the target all together. Just for kicks I checked my stats against his, I've got around 1100 or so more rifle kills, 2% better accuracy, and much much more sniper time... but he does have 600+ kills of his own (as mentioned, in less time) so he must be doing something right. For sure though the secondary range crosshairs (at least on the M95) are there for looks and not functionality only. Don't believe me? try it out on a local server using flags to mark range.

I digress, for further opinion on the M24 vs M95 see the 'praise section' and my post on the subject. Also, check out my story under 'greatest shot of all time.' I'd love to hear similar sniper stories. That was crazy. I actually saw someone kill a jet pilot once with an M95... wish I could claim it but I was just a spectator, an NO it wasn't airborn but it was tearing down the runway towards takeoff. Big bad jet eats it by little sniper, I loved it. It honestly was a better shot than my 'domino effect - turn a full enemy chopper into a live anti aircraft floating mine' shot described in my 'greatest of all time' post.

Last edited by dshak (2005-10-20 21:57:42)

T1mbrW0lf
+2|6805|Eastern PA
I can't prove this, but I believe a part of the "problem" for some people with the M95 is that it takes a bit longer to "settle in" for an accurate shot (than it does if you're using the M24 or SVD). You won't be very accurate if you're dropping prone and taking your shot immediately afterward.
SrA_Shady
Slimshady -- The Real Medic
+0|6774|Sumter, South Carolina
Very seldom in this game to you get a chance to settle in though.  How often ,save for aa or a tank gunner do you get a still target?
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6805|Eastern PA
It's not that your target has to remain stationary - it's just that you have to have been "in position" (prone and sighting through the 'scope) for a few moments before you engage . . .
SrA_Shady
Slimshady -- The Real Medic
+0|6774|Sumter, South Carolina
no, trust me, my target has to be still for me to hit it with a sniper, LOL.. i suck at it!
MegaBlast
+0|6790|UK

T1mbrW0lf wrote:

MegaBlast wrote:

I bet the crates just pick a random direction to drift in when you drop them becuase I too have noticed a little bit of "drift" on the way down (unless i am going mad which is always possible)
Note the example I cited - crates drift to the North, not in random directions - and that simulates a "prevailing wind".
Missed the example.  At least we know now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard