occamsrezr
+7|6733
That a new kit is desperately needed for the game.  Antiaircraft.  Similar to Antitank, but has shoulder mounted missiles for shooting down A-10's and those little birds.  I think it's badly needed now that on an AF map you can have like 8 vehicles in the air at once and no way to hit them except with an AT rocket if you're really good. 

Anybody else agree with this?
[BBF*EF]Stuka
Junkers Ju 87
+58|6596|Phoenix, AZ
No, I do not agree with that. As it is on Road Rage, I think that the number of AA (mainly the mobile AA) is perfect, and almost too much. Maybe that's just my inner-pilot speaking, but I dunno..
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6579
thats wat mounted AA/AA vehicles are for m8

GL Andy
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6683|NT, like Mick Dundee

Yes, but this thread is gonna get spammed by people saying that it isn't needed...

I think that they should put DC's Stingers...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6589|USA
no. its hard enough to fly with 11 AA on the map.
Stalker-NSDQ
SOUL * REAPER
+24|6573|Germany
I just had the time to play ARMORED FURY for awhile now, and I have to agree with the comment from above. There are almost too many AA's available. Since the new planes don't have a afterburner I find it quiet hard to avoid a lock. I think the balance is ok, only thing I really have to bitch about is that you barely rack up points (kills) in the maps. I played on a 32 player server and the most some of the guys did was around 20 Kills. I just brought it up since I am working on my expert support badge . But overall I am very happy with the results of ARMORED FURY. And if the rumor is true, that we receive new modes and a brand new map "ROAD TO JALALABAD" along with the new patch I am even more happy. BF2 needed a new punch.
USMCkilla
+16|6780|South Carolina
Dude there is so much AA in Road Rage now the last thing we need is manpat stingers! I agree it would be a cool kit for some other maps though just not ORR.
Delta_38DS
Self Proclaimed A10 Whore
+27|6582
In most rounds, planes seem to respawn every two minutes.  I think the mobile AA has the Air power under control.  Try flying a plane under about 150 meters its almost impossible!  Once that AA missile is fired you might as well be dead.  Flares do little if anything because of the plane's speed and the A10's armor is as strong as a paper bag.

Last edited by Delta_38DS (2006-06-11 18:27:19)

BallisticallyYours
+23|6649|Chicago, IL

occamsrezr wrote:

That a new kit is desperately needed for the game.  Antiaircraft.  Similar to Antitank, but has shoulder mounted missiles for shooting down A-10's and those little birds.  I think it's badly needed now that on an AF map you can have like 8 vehicles in the air at once and no way to hit them except with an AT rocket if you're really good. 

Anybody else agree with this?
I just wish the MEC had a more capable anti tank kit like us... almost no guidence capabilities, sux.
BigRuss1534
Meat Puppet
+1|6654|North Carolina, USA
I don't think the Stinger should be available as a kit weapon in all maps.
Especially in Road Rage, the Linebacker and the Tunguska are very effective at altering the attack patterns of the jets.  I have found that basically I take off, climb high, check the map for targets, and then dive steeply at them from East or West only.
The armor jocks are mostly looking up the road, so by the time they hear the jet, it's too late.

After bomb drop, I hit the coast and skim back over the water to re-arm.  Overall, this works fairly well, but I still get hit more than I do on other maps.  I'm not a jet jock, so I expect this anyway.  I also expect to die by crashing into a tree on at least every other run, and that sems to be accurate as well.

If everyone was carring a Stinger, the fun and excitement of flying these new jets would be negated and no one would want to fly.

My biggest complaint with AF is that since the bombs drop 2 at a time (one from each wing), I'm not getting lethal hits nearly as often on armor targets as I do with other jets.  Usually 1 bomb will hit on each side of the target, and since the kill radius seems too small, the target isn't destroyed.

I think that, just like in SF, you should have the stinger as an optional weapon in some kits on some of the maps, but not all.

Last edited by BigRuss1534 (2006-06-11 19:18:17)

leesupport
+39|6701
i agree the only map that needs a sholder mounted stinger would be The Iron Gator the rest are fine. for sure AF cause them A-10 are easy to shoot down
(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN
+88|6562|Boise, Idaho
SEARCH we kind of covered this like 30 thousand times *takes a deep breath* Oh well I think it would benefit but I am sick of getting shot down by these things
DrD2
+1|6573
AF does not need any more AA in any of the maps. Last night I got expert AD in Midnight Sun.
Just sat in a linebacker and shot the crap out of the PLA Air Farce.
Other maps such as Wanker Island, Zatar Wetlands and Kubra Dam would benefit more from manpack Stingers/Strelas
Jewbat
+8|6748
As I've said. USi.

United States Intervention.

Engineers no longer have mines, AT classes do, yet the Engies get a shoulder mounted AA launcher. It also locks on.
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6686|Sydney, Australia

Jewbat wrote:

As I've said. USi.

United States Intervention.

Engineers no longer have mines, AT classes do, yet the Engies get a shoulder mounted AA launcher. It also locks on.
USI is piss easy to shoot down an a-10. Hop in a tank as an engineer. Wait for that for euphoric cannon sound, hopeout of the tank, lock on, shoot kill. This works twice as good with an alert tank gunner aswell.
Jewbat
+8|6748
O.o What are you talking about? No it's not. With the exception of a fighter jet. Other than that it takes quite a bit to take an A-10 down in USi.

Also, it takes 3 shots with the stinger to kill an A-10, and also, the cannon would kill you with an A-10 unless you ran away first.

Last edited by Jewbat (2006-06-11 23:29:22)

PRiMACORD
+190|6643|Home of the Escalade Herds
Yeah we need more weapons that require zero skill to use

Point at green rectangles, shoot, collect points and pretend you deserve those points!
JahManRed
wank
+646|6646|IRELAND

There is plenty of AA in AF, I think its well balanced.  If anything too much AA. AF has made me a better Helli pilot though.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6859|Cologne, Germany

I also think there is plenty AA on the maps, people just need to take the time to actually man the stationary AA.

If you have the mobile AA and the stationary AA manned, that's 10+ rockets to fire in the direction of two A-10's / SU-39, plus the auto-cannons on the mobile AA and MG's. That should be more than enough.

Personally, I handle it this way: whenever I spawn at a CP and there is no immediate transport or need to move quickly, I man the AA and fire a couple of rockets. It only takes a couple of seconds, but it helps a lot to keep the pilots busy. tbh, I think you only need 2 or 3 guys who dedicate themselves to AA ( I have played whole rounds during which I did nothing else but man AA and defend against jets ) to render the casual pilots useless.

The whole intention behind that is to keep the enemy pilots busy fighting our AA instead of our armor and ground troops. Nothing is worse for your ground game than enemy pilots who can roam the skies and bomb the shit out of your team without being harrassed by AA.

I realise it's kinda boring to sit in that AA and wait for enemy planes to show up, but it's important none the less.
xXSarnathXx
Decepticons forever!
+25|6626|Sweden
the AT kit should have 1 or 2 stingers would make them more useful
chuuby
+19|6636
i think a stinger kit is reasonable. i was thinking they had them in bf-v.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6859|Cologne, Germany

people always demand portable stinger kits. Personally, I think it can be a good idea on certain maps, especially if your jets are underpowered or your pilots suck, or on maps that lack proper AA emplacements.

then again, if they put those in, EA should limit the max number of stinger kits per team. If they don't, every chinese on wake will run around with a stinger and it will become even more difficult to put a foot on the main island. Just imagine the walls of stingers rising up from the island...

There are always two sides to each coin. Putting stinger kits in will certainly not help balance unbalanced maps or skill imbalancies (sp?) between the two teams.

To the contrary, my personal experience is that proper teamplay will win the day most of the time...
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6734|Germany
Stingers are usual since Desert Combatmod of BF1942.
Theyy came along with antitank kit. I would love to get them back.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6862|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Engineer kit has the FIM-92 stinger and SA-7 Grail in USI.
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6863|United Kingdom
i wish midnight sun had a couple more mobile AA,

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard