Boredom2%2% - 4
Hunger1%1% - 2
Race1%1% - 3
Hot Pockets6%6% - 12
Total: 180
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6563|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

Hellmoto wrote:

Religion: Example: A danish paper published a drawed picture of muhammed, and just like that every muslim had a reason to hate scandinavians. Even norwegian Red cross camps where attacked! Hello! Why cant they just publish a drawing of jesus instead?
As an atheist I'd like to point out that a lot is made of that incident by non-Muslims, but they convientley forget that the same thing happened when "The Passion Of The Christ Came Out".  There was uproar and the director received several deasth threats from fundementalist Christians. 

Religion is bad in any guise I say....
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6540|Portland, OR USA
I think the fundamental cause of war is simply misunderstanding and a basic unwillingness to see another perspective.
MorbidFetus
+76|6564|Ohio
It's that damn All Your Base Are Belong To Us video.
dark110
+37|6635|Chicagoland
Where is power?
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6685|Colorado
religion ftw, be careful kids stay away from it.
cosmichippo
+5|6499|New Brunswick, Canada

Friluftshund wrote:

Why isn't "power" in there?
Reasons to go to war are more complex than any of those choices..

But no war is fought over religion - do not ever believe it!
Thank you for addressing that...I voted null vote. As soon as I read the question it was the first thing that popped in my mind. I was surprised to not see it left from the list.

Truthfully though.... Religion hands down. There has been more wars in the name of God, than any other single serving cause. No brainer really.

Last edited by cosmichippo (2006-07-25 14:16:44)

1927(h)
I voted religion, Im not religious but have prayed in desperation, I dont belive in religion/s in any way, I appricate others beliefs and how it can help focus peoples lives for the good.  However Ive been let down in life whilst having reasons to be extrememly grateful but that aint enough to convince me about a god/s.

Eh god mate if you do exist and reading this before a "sesh" with  Moses n that lot on BF2, prove me wrong, stop the wars and all the fucked up things in this shitty world we live in.
acidkiller187
+123|6643
If only women ruled the world.............................! Oh shit wait that would suck ass lmao
dudebrah
+1|6553|San Diego
option 11, greed, religion is the reason that governments use to justify the war/invasion
alpinestar
+304|6608|New York City baby.
Religion.......
The root of all evil as they say, There are murders because people are motivated by what they think is the highest ideal.     "And so help me god" Rings any bells ?

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-07-25 17:22:11)

PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6540|Portland, OR USA
Seriously.

You can't blame an institution for the ways which morons choose to interptet it.  This goes for Islam, Christianity, Judaism whatever

Religion happens to be a popular scapegoat for existing dispositions.  The unwillingness of individuals to respect, understand, and coexist with alternative points of view is by far the leading cause of war.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard