L3G1T
+5|6564
Hi

Im pretty new to this website and to battlefield 2, but can someone please help me. Whenever I load battlefield 2 and I connect to a server and then it loads up , everything thing goes fine until I press ''Join Game'' then my battlefield 2 exits to desktop can someone please help me.

Thanks
Y0URDAD
I'ma Eat Yo Children!
+17|6679|Annapolis, MD
hit the escape key instead of join game. It's a workaround to a very widespread problem with patch 1.30.
L3G1T
+5|6564
If that does'nt work is there anything else I can do?
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6607
Hey, welcome to bf2s and to the battlefield.  Indeed patch 1.3 buggered up some stuff, you picked a hell of a time to join in the fun hehe. 
As far as the ctd issue...what he said hehe
L3G1T
+5|6564
oh yea and what is karma does anyone know?
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6724|The Netherlands
I suffer the same problem, quite anoying since loading times in BF2 already are so long...
L3G1T
+5|6564
so all i need to do is once it has loaded up i press escape instead of clicking join game and then i will be able to join the server?
Kratos Aurion
+36|6676|Sweden
Happens to me too sometimes. I just restart the game and join again. May have to restart it 1-3 times.
L3G1T
+5|6564
oh yea and wut is karma and say if i have a lot of karma wut do i do with it?
L3G1T
+5|6564
ok well i just went on to battlefield 2 now and i pressed escape instead of clicking on join game and it did exactly the same thing it exited to the desktop. Does anyone know any ways of changing this like should i download the full 1.3 patch for bf2 or just stay with the incremental? and lol can someone tell me wut karma is?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6780|The United Center
Don't worry about karma.  It's a new thing around here and it's still a bit flawed.  In general, if people agree with you/like what you say, you'll get +1.  If not, you'll get -1.

And yeah, we all get that annoying crash to desktop.  Earlier today it did it three times in a row for me.  Quite annoying.
sn00ze
+31|6582|Mjölby, Sweden

L3G1T wrote:

ok well i just went on to battlefield 2 now and i pressed escape instead of clicking on join game and it did exactly the same thing it exited to the desktop. Does anyone know any ways of changing this like should i download the full 1.3 patch for bf2 or just stay with the incremental? and lol can someone tell me wut karma is?
Try installing the full 1.3 patch, that seems to solve lots of issues with 1.3. Incremental patching suxx!
Oh yeah.... Welcome, willkommen, bienvenue and so on...
137twozerosniper
+57|6598|UK
are u joining the same server each time it crashes?
HellCommander_Vic
+2|6571|Norway

L3G1T wrote:

It should work the second time around...when my game crashes to the desktop upon joining a map, I restart the game and try again...it usually works the second time. (and this is for the same server)

Last edited by HellCommander_Vic (2006-06-11 03:21:20)

ShEpArD_oF_rOt
+16|6600|Illinois
I still get crashes to desktop even when I push escape instead of join game. Patch 1.30 is getting me reacquainted with an old friend of mine ...idle time.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6564|The lunar module
Please make sure you've got the latest driver software for your graphics card.

I hadn't updated mine for a while, updated from Catalyst 5.sthg to 6.5 -> patch-1.3-crash-to-desktop problems seem to be over.
Ian_Kapow
+0|6612
Well, there's also the big yellow "search" button at the top of this page, but anyways, here goes:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=28412
MrLobster
+0|6564
That happens to me whenever I have AIM open when I get on.

So now I sign off before getting on.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard