THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra

the_heart_attack wrote:

with that statement sadly for yourself you have removed any shred of credibility you ever would have had on here, and proved how ignorant you really are.
and you combat that with ducks?

lowing wrote:

Walks like a duck swims like a duck quacks like a duck........it is a duck.............this is a war.
yes your right it is a war, its bushes war on his own credibility and thats about it.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS
Lowing, the reason practically everyone on this thread doesn't like you:

1. You are stuck in a very, very narrow-minded position.
2. You refuse any other's opinions.
3. If someone shows you a fault in your argument, you resort to personal attacks and a 'NAA NAA' approach.
4. You have not gven a shred of evidence to back yourself up.

Just because you're in a war means you can do whatever you want to gitmo detainees. Should we forgive Japan for massacring POWs and mistreating them because they were fighting a war?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

the_heart_attack wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

with that statement sadly for yourself you have removed any shred of credibility you ever would have had on here, and proved how ignorant you really are.

lowing wrote:

Walks like a duck swims like a duck quacks like a duck........it is a duck.............this is a war.
yes your right it is a war, its bushes war on his own credibility and thats about it.
If you have never heard of that expression then tough.look it up.

the war in Iraq was approved by the UN in 1990. the action over there now is a continuation of what was started and not finished 15 years ago. It was halted because a cease fire had been agreed to ( the UN resolutions). I raq broke the resolutions for 8 years and thus hostilities once again commenced.

the Afghan war is ours we were attacked and we will defend..No appologies
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

lowing wrote:

the war in Iraq was approved by the UN in 1990. the action over there now is a continuation of what was started and not finished 15 years ago. It was halted because a cease fire had been agreed to ( the UN resolutions). I raq broke the resolutions for 8 years and thus hostilities once again commenced.

Except you ignored what he said. The Afghan war 'ended' 4 years ago.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6770|AUS, Canberra

lowing wrote:

who wouldnt have heard of it.

lowing wrote:

the war in Iraq was approved by the UN in 1990.
what about in 2001????
PekkaA
+36|6664|Finland

lowing wrote:

PekkaA wrote:

Iowing wrote:

At least it will be YOUR expeirences we are talking about and not what you heard

Iowing wrote:

I will tell you just how I feel about those stinkin animals held as POW's in Gitmo.......maybe if the rest of them hurry up and kill themselves and go to mecca we can close the place down.
In a normal persons logic I assume you have been in Guantamo and seen in real lfe what kind of animals they are. Please, go and watch that movie. It's about REAL people who suffered because morons like you voted that travesty of man into white house.
Nope, not my job....I did my hitch in the military already. Hard to watch your "real people suffering" after watching MY people ( American citizens ) jumping form a 1000 ft building after it was hit by commercial airliners.......you and they have come to the wrong person looking for any ounce of sympathy for any of them.
Once again, I'm truly sorry for all that happened then and so on, but how long can you use it as an excuse for immoral actions? No one even has proof that those held in guantanamo had anything to with wtc. Go on, post some more. With every post you humiliate yourself a little more.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Spark wrote:

Lowing, the reason practically everyone on this thread doesn't like you:

1. You are stuck in a very, very narrow-minded position.
2. You refuse any other's opinions.
3. If someone shows you a fault in your argument, you resort to personal attacks and a 'NAA NAA' approach.
4. You have not gven a shred of evidence to back yourself up.

Just because you're in a war means you can do whatever you want to gitmo detainees. Should we forgive Japan for massacring POWs and mistreating them because they were fighting a war?
Spark.......

1.I am very open minded......convince me and I will concede any arguement.

2. I do not refuse any others opinions, I have mine, you have yours. If we are all gunna agree on shit, then there is no need for this forum is there??

3.If you look back on most threads you will see that the majority of personal attacks are TO me.

4. When I state facts I provide my sources.When I state my opinion I don'y need to provide shit. this Gitmo shit is a prime example...I don't need to show you a wikipedia post that PROVES I couldn't care less about the POW's in Gitmo.

PekkaA wrote:

lowing wrote:

PekkaA wrote:

In a normal persons logic I assume you have been in Guantamo and seen in real lfe what kind of animals they are. Please, go and watch that movie. It's about REAL people who suffered because morons like you voted that travesty of man into white house.
Nope, not my job....I did my hitch in the military already. Hard to watch your "real people suffering" after watching MY people ( American citizens ) jumping form a 1000 ft building after it was hit by commercial airliners.......you and they have come to the wrong person looking for any ounce of sympathy for any of them.
Once again, I'm truly sorry for all that happened then and so on, but how long can you use it as an excuse for immoral actions? No one even has proof that those held in guantanamo had anything to with wtc. Go on, post some more. With every post you humiliate yourself a little more.
Sorry ya feel that way, but your opinion of how humiliated I should feel for caring more about my own country and countrymen, over those that would see us harmed concerns me very little. I will never forget what happened on 911, so yes I can and will hold a grudge over those that are responsible, those that financed it, those that cheered when it happened and those that defended it. I will also hold my grudge against all of you that think we should just get over it.
PekkaA
+36|6664|Finland
Getting over things makes life a lot easier... There are no POW's in guantanamo. That is what US government says. That's because by denying their rights as POW you can do almost anything you like to them. Or you think you can.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

PekkaA wrote:

Getting over things makes life a lot easier... There are no POW's in guantanamo. That is what US government says. That's because by denying their rights as POW you can do almost anything you like to them. Or you think you can.
If they are considered LOWER than POW's then I feel even better. Next time, they might wanna reconsider supporting attacks on our country.

You offer nothing that is going to convince me that I need to feel sorry for anything that has happened at Gitmo, including those 3 animals killing themselves.
easy-skanking
+43|6536
we never declared war on iraq.. iraq is a conflict

i agree 100% that bush and people saying 9/11 exscuses is tired however gitmo is a place to put the extremists and im relativly confident that 99% of them fit that term.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

easy-skanking wrote:

i agree 100% that bush and people saying 9/11 exscuses is tired however gitmo is a place to put the extremists and im relativly confident that 99% of them fit that term.
not really sure what the relevance of that is...... but yes i agree with the second part.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6767

easy-skanking wrote:

im relativly confident that 99% of them fit that term.
Really? How many people have been taken there V's how many people have been released V's people convicted?
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6767

lowing wrote:

will hold a grudge over those that are responsible, those that financed it, those that cheered when it happened and those that defended it. I will also hold my grudge against all of you that think we should just get over it.
Well why don’t you hold your president accountable for it? It happened while he was “in charge”. 911 is a criminal dereliction of duty from your commander in chief.

Why not start with asking your prez these questions:

1. Was NORAD aware of the four hijacked planes veering off course even before being reported by the FAA? If not, please explain why NORAD, which monitors 7000 flights a day, was unable to track the four aberrant flights.
2. At precisely what time was NORAD notified of each plane being hijacked? What was their response?
3. Who determined from which bases the F-16s should be scrambled? Why were fighter jets scrambled from such distant bases such as Langley Base in Va. instead of Andrews Air Force Base, a mere 10 miles from the Pentagon? Who were the pilots of these F-16s?
4. Why weren’t the jets able to intercept the hijacked planes if they were airborne within eight minutes of notification? What was their airspeed?
5. It is reported that there were two F-15s off the coast of Long Island while Flights 11 and 175 were in the air. If there were indeed fighters off Long Island, why weren’t they diverted to investigate Flights 11 and 175? Were any other military planes flying routine missions on the morning of September 11th which could have responded?
6. Why did NORAD wait until after the second plane hit the WTC to try and prevent possible further attacks? Why weren’t the fighter jets that tailed flights 11 and 175 as they crashed into New York’s WTC, immediately rerouted to intercept flights 77 or 93, before they crashed into the Pentagon and Pennsylvania?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6689|Tampa Bay Florida

lowing wrote:

BN wrote:

lowing wrote:

holding POW's until the end of a war is nothing new.........what is the problem?
This war is not defined. It is a “war in terror". Terror has existed since Jesus was in short pants and terror will continue until the end of time. When does it end? 10, 20, 50 years?

So how long do you keep these people without trials?
POWs don't get trials.....they were caught in combat and are POW's regardless of what the PC machine says.
Great, then you can accuse someone of "terrorism" and basically have them locked up for the rest of their lives.  And because it's not our business to know about it, who's going to know if innocent lives are being taken?

As a government, you've got to define a POW from a terrorist.  I couldn't care less about the terrorists who are captured, but when we lose track of the process the system was designed on, innocent people will be victimized.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-06-10 22:01:02)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6672|Colorado

Bubbalo wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

These guys killed American troops, let them rot forever.
Falsely accused prisoners is always a terrible thing, which is why anyone that had to do time unjustly should be compensated for the rest of their lives.
What makes American troops so special?
Because they act, instead of sitting on their asses like the rest of the world.
We make mistakes but that is how you learn, we are not afraid to try.
The US should back out of the UN and let them try & float the bill, not to mention all the foreign aid that goes out to hostile nations.
We are the first to help & the last to leave , we will never forget.
https://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:1DiWOf-109ZtYM:https://www.uwm.edu/People/closs/images/firefighters1024_768.jpg
spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6540|vancouver

lowing wrote:

I read the link above and all that is, is an attempt at PC to shut you enemy combatant sympathizers up. ... [the detainees] are POW's regardless of what the PC machine says
First, I'll decide who I sympathize with.

Second, do you think the State Department cares what I or anybody on this board thinks?  Enough to go to the trouble of making -- as you point out -- a distinction without a difference such as "they're not POWs" for we mere commoners' benefit, or to shut us up?

It's so they can still claim with a semi-straight face that the US respects international law.  Which comes in handy when you don't want the entire world to believe you'll just invade whoever the fuck you want, whenever the fuck you feel like it.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6549|Southeastern USA
everyone seems to be trying to assign POW status to these people, most, if not all, of the detainees are there as a matter of being involved with a terrorist organization, terrorist groups are not protected by the Geneva convention, nor should they be
spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6540|vancouver

kr@cker wrote:

everyone seems to be trying to assign POW status to these people, most, if not all, of the detainees are there as a matter of being involved with a terrorist organization, terrorist groups are not protected by the Geneva convention, nor should they be
So should they be put on trial or something?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6561

lowing wrote:

Sorry bubbalo i already PM'ed you as to how I feel about your opinions...............When you actually go out in the real world and fend for yourself. you might have something I could be interested in hearing. At least it will be YOUR expeirences we are talking about and not what you heard
You still don't get it, do you?  If we debate based on personal experience, we ignore a whole wealth of knowledge called HISTORY.  It's this magical thing that chronicles the events of the world since we were able to record it.  Because, funnily enough, there was a time before you were born.  Besides which, as I have said previously, there are exceptions to every rule, and you only know a story from your point of view.  But then, your view does work awfully nicely, as it allows you to exclude pretty much all comparison.  Of course, it also prevents you from talking on this issue, as you haven't been a terrorist or the victim of a terrorist attack.  Bad luck, try again next time.
CC-Marley
+407|6828

lowing wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

lowing wrote:

They also shot at our planes everyday. If the U.N. wasn't making money off Saddam I'd bet more nations would have gone in with us and sooner.
easy-skanking
+43|6536

lowing wrote:

easy-skanking wrote:

not really sure what the relevance of that is...... but yes i agree with the second part.
pow=prisoner of war ..no war ? no pow..

out of curiosity i watched that road to gitmo

wow what a scary world we live in where all you have to do to be thrown in gitmo is hear a war is going on, decide to take a vacation there, and then hang out in the epicenter of one side of that war

my grandfather had that SAME exact problem in 1942 he was just hanging around so he decided to visit germany, he went to berlin, and kicked it with hitler than bam hes in jail.

besides all the other shit they did that was stupid put on top of that when they crossed the border they claimed bombs were going off around them. if thats not a 100% clue to go back the way you came i dont know what is. yet they decided to keep going and stay for weeks..
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6549|Southeastern USA

spastic bullet wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

So should they be put on trial or something?
most of them are not US citizens and are not protected by the US constitution (quick and speedy trial), as for the ones that are I don't know enough about their treatment to comment, and I doubt any of us do, the point is that the US is attempting to err on the side of safety when it comes to a person turning out to be innocent, unfortunate, but if you can't come up with a safer alternative then that's what we gotta go with for now

honestly ( this is not directed at spas but to whoever is going to get all soft and squishy and try the "terrorist are people too" argument concerning the constitution) I'm tired of people trying to protect these scum with the laws and credos they purposefully break and seek to destroy
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6658|WPB, FL. USA
Ignorance being spread like shotgun pellets is the best way to describe what I have read today - for shame.
... it's great the freedom we all have, wonder how we got it, good lord how will be able to keep it!

Try a little research, and not a biased media or documentary, and you'll find that each person is being held with cause.  The COALITION, not just the U.S., is trying to get the respective countries to take back their enemy combatants.  However, WE have an opportunity - do we send the people that were caught fighting or actively engaged in actions that threatened innocent people and Coalition Forces back to terrorist sponsored states like Jordan or Palestine knowing they will be cheered, glorified, and more than likely released to do... 

Are there injustices being born out of the holding, detaining or imprisoning of some people on the grand scale in the war  on terror - yes.  Now, be objective and weight the facts {not the media, the actors, your youth, your emotions, nor your personal dislike for President Bush - more over use your brain}, and ask yourself "are the innocent people who have been slaughtered, murdered, tortured, etc. not deserving of any kind of justice!"  Are WE not obligated to protect people in light of what happened on 9/11, England, Spain, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.  Have we not learned from simple mistakes that we must not allow our emotions and human passions to control matters of safety and security for the innocent - how many times have we heard recently of children and women being raped and murdered and then not being surprised to find out that the monsters who did these things were early release convicted felons. 

SHAME ON YOU PekkaA for being so fucked-up to think that it's unfair and for being so inconsiderate to the thousands who have been slaughtered and the tens of thousands who have lost people they love.  You and your bleeding heart types are a part of the balance of right and wrong and I respect that.  However, that's why when it comes to matters of life or death you and I both are best to leave these decisions to professionals and people in the know - be it we agree or disagree - besides there is plenty of debate and balance at the executive level.  Second guessing is really a trait of weakness.  Simple terms; the very, very few people WE detain, who have been caught, are being treated far better than the way terrorist have ever treated even the most precious and innocent of lives.  BN - you can't play because intellect is required 

Yerded, If you want to do something productive then start an honest debate on ways of changing, not assessing blame, a culture that believes the strapping of bombs on impressionable teens and the killing of innocent children is acceptable all in the name of an imaginary war - a war were no one was ever attacked first.

Kaboom.

Last edited by AAFCptKabbom (2006-06-11 01:28:00)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6561

AAFCptKabbom wrote:

Now, be objective and weight the facts {not the media, the actors, your youth, your emotions, nor your personal dislike for President Bush - more over use your brain}, and ask yourself "are the innocent people who have been slaughtered, murdered, tortured, etc. not deserving of any kind of justice!"  Are WE not obligated to protect people in light of what happened on 9/11, England, Spain, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.
Are you not also obligated to insure you aren't the cause of injustice?

AAFCptKabbom wrote:

Have we not learned from simple mistakes that we must not allow our emotions and human passions to control matters of safety and security for the innocent - how many times have we heard recently of children and women being raped and murdered and then not being surprised to find out that the monsters who did these things were early release convicted felons.
When the first thing that happens after an attack is the promise of military force, I can only assume that anger is the prime motivator, not logic.

kr@cker wrote:

most of them are not US citizens and are not protected by the US constitution (quick and speedy trial),
So non-US citizens are inferior to US citizens?

Last edited by Bubbalo (2006-06-11 00:40:44)

AAFCptKabbom
+127|6658|WPB, FL. USA
Bubbalo - I wish I could respond, however, your comments are out of context.  Simply, they make no sense.

Just for the fun of it I'll respond to the second quote since you are attempting to draw an analogy of a point: 
Incorrect in the case of 9/11 of which I believe you are referring to.  Actually there was no promise of military force after the attack.  Factually it was said that America would defend itself and bring the perpetrators to justice {seems like logic to me considering no one knew who actually attacked us at that horrible moment}.  Later, once the facts came out of who did this cowardly act the threat of military force was stated as an option {no one knew at the time if it was another country or group that did this...}.

And yes Bubbalo, it's a known human trait to be angered after receiving news that thousands of innocent people have been slaughtered.  However, in this case the professionals and people in the know responded, not reacted, appropriately to the matter as best as anyone could and should have done.

Kaboom.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard