yerded
Bertinator
+255|6606|Westminster, California
http://apnews.myway.com//article/200606 … LFO80.html
I say: charge them, hang them or free them. Mystery captivity is just wrong.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
I implore everyone to rent or buy 'The Road to Guantanamo' movie by Michael Winterbottom. It won the Silver Bear at the Berlin film festival. It tells the story of three british youths who were mistakenly sent to Guantanamo Bay for TWO AND A HALF YEARS! It is harrowing and makes me sick that a fellow western nation can have a camp like this on their soil.
yerded
Bertinator
Actaully, it's in Cuba.
Those mighty commies haven't managed to evict us yet.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

yerded wrote:

Actaully, it's in Cuba.
Those mighty commies haven't managed to evict us yet.
Technically it's US soil until the lease runs out.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

yerded wrote:

holding POW's until the end of a war is nothing new.........what is the problem?
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6735|Toronto Canada
these aren't really pows. more like suspected terrorists.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

kessel! wrote:

these aren't really pows. more like suspected terrorists.
Are they not people captured in battle??
spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6510|vancouver
PekkaA
+36|6634|Finland
lowing, if you have to ask that question, I suggest you not to comment on this matter any more. Guantanamo has made me sick before, especially after "the road to guantanamo" and now this. And that offspring of a baboon sitting in a white house pretends to have "serious concern" about the incident....my ass he did! That ape just defended cia prison flights in europe after they got caught. Before getting caught they denied that flights ever existed. Does anyone of you who voted that dinosaur regret??? Huh, just had to get it out...
yerded
Bertinator
yes, I do.
I'm not all heartless/all the time.
I stand by my original post for humanitarian reasons.
I just think its wrong.

Now, I didn't say that some of those guys should'nt have been kicked out the plane on the way there.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

PekkaA wrote:

lowing, if you have to ask that question, I suggest you not to comment on this matter any more. Guantanamo has made me sick before, especially after "the road to guantanamo" and now this. And that offspring of a baboon sitting in a white house pretends to have "serious concern" about the incident....my ass he did! That ape just defended cia prison flights in europe after they got caught. Before getting caught they denied that flights ever existed. Does anyone of you who voted that dinosaur regret??? Huh, just had to get it out...
Yeah I am sure gitmo has made you so sick you can't even function during the day.....how about dropping the traumatized routine........we are at war and we have prisoners. get over it.......I read the link above and all that is, is an attempt at PC to shut you enemy combatant sympathizers up.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531

lowing wrote:

Yeah I am sure gitmo has made you so sick you can't even function during the day.....how about dropping the traumatized routine........we are at war and we have prisoners. get over it.......I read the link above and all that is, is an attempt at PC to shut you enemy combatant sympathizers up.
You sound an awful lot like a British Redcoat.  Or a Russian Commissar.  Or any number of other examples I could cite.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

lowing wrote:

You sound an awful lot like a British Redcoat.  Or a Russian Commissar.  Or any number of other examples I could cite.
Sorry bubbalo i already PM'ed you as to how I feel about your opinions...............When you actually go out in the real world and fend for yourself. you might have something I could be interested in hearing. At least it will be YOUR expeirences we are talking about and not what you heard
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
I will tell you just how I feel about those stinkin animals held as POW's in Gitmo.......maybe if the rest of them hurry up and kill themselves and go to mecca we can close the place down.

I am not going to show concern over our enemies before concern for our troops.

Last edited by lowing (2006-06-10 20:07:14)

BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6737

lowing wrote:

yerded wrote:

holding POW's until the end of a war is nothing new.........what is the problem?
This war is not defined. It is a “war in terror". Terror has existed since Jesus was in short pants and terror will continue until the end of time. When does it end? 10, 20, 50 years?

So how long do you keep these people without trials?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

BN wrote:

lowing wrote:

yerded wrote:

This war is not defined. It is a “war in terror". Terror has existed since Jesus was in short pants and terror will continue until the end of time. When does it end? 10, 20, 50 years?

So how long do you keep these people without trials?
POWs don't get trials.....they were caught in combat and are POW's regardless of what the PC machine says.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6740|AUS, Canberra

lowing wrote:

I will tell you just how I feel about those stinkin animals held as POW's in Gitmo.......maybe if the rest of them hurry up and kill themselves and go to mecca we can close the place down.
well considering how long they have been held there without any hope of trial i think America really needs to have a look at itself.

with that statement sadly for yourself you have removed any shred of credibility you ever would have had on here, and proved how ignorant you really are.

mecca? your assuming hey are all Muslims, again showing how uneducated you are on the place.

what about the Australian in there for five years because they found a picture of him with a balaclava on? Muslim ? i dont think so.

and please dont call them pow's, its not a war. American government doesnt decide whats a war or not.

lowing wrote:

they were caught in combat
wrong yet again.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531

lowing wrote:

POWs don't get trials.....they were caught in combat and are POW's regardless of what the PC machine says.
Uh, no.  Many of them were not.  And the ones that are POWs should have been released: they have to have come from either Iraq or Afghanistan, and hostilities have officially ceased in both of those nations.

Last edited by Bubbalo (2006-06-10 20:15:04)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6642|Colorado
These guys killed american troops, let them rot forever.
Falsely accused prisoners is always a terrible thing, which is why anyone that had to do time unjustly should be compenstated for the rest of their lives.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531

TrollmeaT wrote:

These guys killed american troops, let them rot forever.
Falsely accused prisoners is always a terrible thing, which is why anyone that had to do time unjustly should be compenstated for the rest of their lives.
What makes American troops so special?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

the_heart_attack wrote:

lowing wrote:

well considering how long they have been held there without any hope of trial i think America really needs to have a look at itself.

with that statement sadly for yourself you have removed any shred of credibility you ever would have had on here, and proved how ignorant you really are.

mecca? your assuming hey are all Muslims, again showing how uneducated you are on the place.

what about the Australian in there for five years because they found a picture of him with a balaclava on? Muslim ? i dont think so.

and please dont call them pow's, its not a war. American government doesnt decide whats a war or not.
Walks like a duck swims like a duck quacks like a duck........it is a duck.............this is a war.

America is doing what it deems necessary to protect its citizens. If they don't like it, think twice before attacking us. Or do you think all of those POW's would be in there if NOT for 911??
PekkaA
+36|6634|Finland

Iowing wrote:

At least it will be YOUR expeirences we are talking about and not what you heard

Iowing wrote:

In a normal persons logic I assume you have been in Guantamo and seen in real lfe what kind of animals they are. Please, go and watch that movie. It's about REAL people who suffered because morons like you voted that travesty of man into white house.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

the_heart_attack wrote:

lowing wrote:

lowing wrote:

they were caught in combat
wrong yet again.
Ohhhhhhhh see I thought they were captured in battle........I had no idea they were the welcome wagon with flowers and ice-cream .my mistake
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

PekkaA wrote:

Iowing wrote:

At least it will be YOUR expeirences we are talking about and not what you heard

Iowing wrote:

In a normal persons logic I assume you have been in Guantamo and seen in real lfe what kind of animals they are. Please, go and watch that movie. It's about REAL people who suffered because morons like you voted that travesty of man into white house.
Nope, not my job....I did my hitch in the military already. Hard to watch your "real people suffering" after watching MY people ( American citizens ) jumping form a 1000 ft building after it was hit by commercial airliners.......you and they have come to the wrong person looking for any ounce of sympathy for any of them.
easy-skanking
+43|6506

the_heart_attack wrote:

what about the Australian in there for five years because they found a picture of him with a balaclava on?
rofl thats a halarious story you got there i have to hear more...
so did they confront him with the pic ?
exscuse me sir we have a pic of you with a skimask on and your eyes and lips match the description

when telling fairy tales dont forget to add some funny characters like a cat that can talk
gitmo opened in 2002 making 5 years pretty impossible

Last edited by easy-skanking (2006-06-10 20:30:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard