Poll

Should Cannabis be legalised?

Yes66%66% - 146
No33%33% - 74
Total: 220
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6605|Scarborough Yorkshire England
NO NO NO NO NO Cannabis should not be legalised it is a bad drug for inducing laziness and lathargy.  It is a good drug if used occasionally at party's etc. but once you start regular smoking it takes over your life, it is psychologically addictive, not physically addictive. You can't have pot in your house and not smoke it.
LawJik
The Skeptical Realist
+48|6545|Amherst, MA
Jinto you are 100% false, you may know a person who acted this way, or saw someone in Reefer Madness acting this way but i have had a nug of headies (higher quality weed )that I have been holding onto for a month. I usually buy middies (average quality weed), so when i get a small bag (eighth) of headies I hang on to it for a while, smoke only on special occasions. There was even a time this month when I was out of middies and couldn't get any for a few days. Didn't touch the headies bag.

Marijuana may induce laziness (which is one of the reasons i like to smoke it) but the truth of the matter is alcohol and tobacco induce DEATH.

If you REALLY want to legalize Marijuana contact your local NORML chapter: http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3433  and be active. Call your state's representatives, we live in a democracy and because it isn't 1776, we don't see our representatives at the local town meetings anymore, people need to get up stand up. We live in a democracy that is supposed to be a role model for the world, but there seems to be no activity in any aspect of the government that the people actually care about. Topics of public interest are just political fodder for the incoming presidential nominees. American citizens need to find something in them to make them say to themselves "there is something wrong with this country" and walk out their door and make a difference.

I live in Massachusetts and according to a recent survey 400,000 people in my state smoke pot. Only 600,000 people in Massachusetts voted in the 2004 Presidential Primary, the smokers in MA could make a huge change for what they want as citizens of this democracy. In the 2000, 2002, and 2004 elections eight cannabis reform questions were placed on ballots in Massachusetts on four Senate and twenty-nine Representative Districts. All were APPROVED.  Read here for more details...

Wake up America, your liberties are being forgotten, apathetically passed off as an unwanted responsibility.

edit: I took a little time and pieced together a little more Massachusetts related info with the posts i made on this forum and just e-mailed my state representative. GL and thank you to anyone else who does the same. Get up stand up!

editx2: My Representative e-mailed me back! I thought mine would get lost in a huge pile of other e-mails he gets every day, but he was great. He told me how it just gets held up in comitee after comitee, his last sentence was: "I will continue to work on this issue as I know that this is a case of "overkill" based on faulty perceptions." W000ttt

Last edited by LawJik (2006-06-13 08:08:58)

Mackaronen
+18|6650|Uppland, Sweden
No! Most of the drugs used here in the west world are made by poor people that work for nothing or almost nothing.
But i am a bit open for a solution with legalizing maruana, if grown in a controlled and taxed manner. Or letting people grow it themselves in a small amount, like 2-3 plants or so. As long as they do not use it public. But i also like to triple the punishment for illegal drug.
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6573|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
legalize or decriminalize all drugs ftw...
-MIKI3.
+70|6657|The Netherlands
isn't it legel? o wait I live in the netherlands
JahManRed
wank
+646|6641|IRELAND

Jinto-sk wrote:

NO NO NO NO NO Cannabis should not be legalised it is a bad drug for inducing laziness and lathargy.  It is a good drug if used occasionally at party's etc. but once you start regular smoking it takes over your life, it is psychologically addictive, not physically addictive. You can't have pot in your house and not smoke it.
So what your saying, is its ok for people like you to use it when you have had a few drinks at a party but not ok for someone to do in the comfort of their own homes to relax...........
When I light up a joint I want to induce laziness, its called relaxing goddamit!!
Roadhog_Uk
Artillery Magnet
+9|6559|Plymouth, England

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

who ever voted "yes" should all come to Holland
Been to Amsterdam twice buddy - what a lovely city! Saw the sights during the day & went for 'coffee' at night LOL

But seriously - what the guys have been saying about the economical advantages of Hemp as a cash crop (ignoring the drug side) is all true - there are no disadvantages & they have been experimenting with growing very low THC Hemp (you would need to smoke a field full to get a buzz LOL) here in the UK for a while, which is why you can get a lot more Hemp based products now.

Hemp oil is THE BEST veg oil that there is in terms of health benefits, it's really good for you!!!

As for Weed being a 'gateway' drug - well that, like alcohol, depends on the individual - I've been an occasional smoker for a long time now & I have a lot of friends who smoke it as well.... none of us do hard drugs or are interested in them either, just like all of us like a drink or two but none of us are alcoholics....!
Orgtheone
+30|6676|The Dark Side Of The Moon
I smoke Weed everyday but voted No

Reason's:

Im from the UK & our goverment suck and would tax it like fuck
what ever way they'd choose to distribute,Pack,sell it would suck
they would proberly engineer it to make it less potant

fuckit i could go on for ages but i cant be arsed trust me legalizing it is a bad idea
dankassasin42o
+68|6692|Reefersyde, CA

PekkaA wrote:

I have a real life proof of marihuanas side effects. My friend spent almost a year in a mental hospital recovering from psychosis, my other friend has been taking drugs for last two years to get along with panic disorder. So all of you little snotnosed brats, please keep that "knowledge" in your own immature heads.
I have a step up on you.   Ive smoked marijuana for 12 yrs STRAIGHT now.   I make over 40$ an hr.   Learning on marijuana is better then learning sober.     Just b'cuz 2 of your friend "CLAIM" marijuana had these side effects on them,  I THINK they really ment "METH" had those side effects on them.   Other then that they were weak minded if "pot"  did that to them.   An ill bet 1,000$    that if THEY HADNT smoke marijuana,  THEYD STILL HAVE THOSE PROBLEMS TODAY.    it wasnt marijuana.     Keep your conservitve christian thought to your self.     Intoxicionc for marijuana damage are 40,000:1    alchol 4:1     

Get your facts down before you try to criminalizethe plant.

https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d101/Rob7887/drug_abuse1b.jpg

Last edited by dankassasin42o (2006-06-12 13:57:23)

Kusunagi
+59|6750|The land of Hookers and pod

kn0ckahh wrote:

3 grams or less the last time i checked ----yesterday 
Trust him, he knows all about it .
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman

LawJik wrote:

Jinto you are 100% false, you may know a person who acted this way, or saw someone in Reefer Madness acting this way but i have had a nug of headies (higher quality weed )that I have been holding onto for a month. I usually buy middies (average quality weed), so when i get a small bag (eighth) of headies I hang on to it for a while, smoke only on special occasions. There was even a time this month when I was out of middies and couldn't get any for a few days. Didn't touch the headies bag.

Marijuana may induce laziness (which is one of the reasons i like to smoke it) but the truth of the matter is alcohol and tobacco induce DEATH.

If you REALLY want to legalize Marijuana contact your local NORML chapter: http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3433  and be active. Call your state's representatives, we live in a democracy and because it isn't 1776, we don't see our representatives at the local town meetings anymore, people need to get up stand up. We live in a democracy that is supposed to be a role model for the world, but there seems to be no activity in any aspect of the government that the people actually care about. Topics of public interest are just political fodder for the incoming presidential nominees. American citizens need to find something in them to make them say to themselves "there is something wrong with this country" and walk out their door and make a difference.

I live in Massachusetts and according to a recent survey 400,000 people in my state smoke pot. Only 600,000 people in Massachusetts voted in the 2004 Presidential Primary, the smokers in MA could make a huge change for what they want as citizens of this democracy. In the 2000, 2002, and 2004 elections eight cannabis reform questions were placed on ballots in Massachusetts on four Senate and twenty-nine Representative Districts. All were APPROVED.  Read here for more details...

Wake up America, your liberties are being forgotten, apathetically passed off as an unwanted responsibility.

edit: I took a little time and pieced together a little more Massachusetts related info with the posts i made on this forum and just e-mailed my state representative. GL and thank you to anyone else who does the same. Get up stand up!
Ok dude how long have you smoked pot?? Just cos YOU managed to hold on to your high grade stuff for about a month doesn't make my statement false. Ok I maybe shouldn't have said as an out right you can't have pot in your house and not smoke it but  You've flamed me based on your own experiences not on a sample of regular users.

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-06-13 05:39:43)

Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman

JahManRed wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

So what your saying, is its ok for people like you to use it when you have had a few drinks at a party but not ok for someone to do in the comfort of their own homes to relax...........
When I light up a joint I want to induce laziness, its called relaxing goddamit!!
What do u mean people like me. I smoke pot everyday for the last 12 years the longest I have gone in that time is 3 months without a joint so I am speaking from experience. I just wish I smoked pot at weekends and not everyday cos that stuff has messed me up.  Not quering the relaxing bit that is why I do it, this is the lazyness i'm on about -  E.G. it is the 2pm and you need to go to town but you have a doobie instead, then sack off going into town and play bf2 all noon instead that is the laziness/lathargy I'm talking about. Laziness is different to relaxing.

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-06-12 18:39:13)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6657

dankassasin42o wrote:

I have a step up on you.   Ive smoked marijuana for 12 yrs STRAIGHT now.   I make over 40$ an hr.   Learning on marijuana is better then learning sober.     Just b'cuz 2 of your friend "CLAIM" marijuana had these side effects on them,  I THINK they really ment "METH" had those side effects on them.   Other then that they were weak minded if "pot"  did that to them.   An ill bet 1,000$    that if THEY HADNT smoke marijuana,  THEYD STILL HAVE THOSE PROBLEMS TODAY.    it wasnt marijuana.     Keep your conservitve christian thought to your self.     Intoxicionc for marijuana damage are 40,000:1    alchol 4:1     

Get your facts down before you try to criminalizethe plant.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d101/ … buse1b.jpg
you drive better too
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman

LawJik wrote:

There was even a time this month when I was out of middies and couldn't get any for a few days. Didn't touch the headies bag.
Yep if it was physically addictive you would have smoked it, but i bet psychologically your brain kept saying go on have one, go on have one, it's there smoke it. And cos it was your good stuff you didn't. We can all go a few days with out one but I bet the back of your mind was thinking about smoking it, or where you can get some cheaper stuff.

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-06-13 05:40:47)

xGBlitzkrieg
The Lazy Genius
+14|6549|USA, CA

PekkaA wrote:

I voted no, because there is scientifical proof, that cannabis in a long run affects negatively persons mind. Even causes psychosis. UnOriginalNuttah, give me a break.
So does imprisionment, a bad marriage, or a bad relationship, JUST walking out of your house!
Orgtheone
+30|6676|The Dark Side Of The Moon
Living my wife & kids would cause me psychosis, My only sanity is having a nice relaxing spliff & blowing holes in people on bf2
JahManRed
wank
+646|6641|IRELAND

Jinto-sk wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

NO NO NO NO NO Cannabis should not be legalized it is a bad drug for inducing laziness and lathargy.  It is a good drug if used occasionally at party's etc. but once you start regular smoking it takes over your life, it is psychologically addictive, not physically addictive. You can't have pot in your house and not smoke it.
What do u mean people like me. I smoke pot everyday for the last 12 years the longest I have gone in that time is 3 months without a joint so I am speaking from experience. I just wish I smoked pot at weekends and not everyday cos that stuff has messed me up.  Not quering the relaxing bit that is why I do it, this is the lazyness i'm on about -  E.G. it is the 2pm and you need to go to town but you have a doobie instead, then sack off going into town and play bf2 all noon instead that is the laziness/lathargy I'm talking about. Laziness is different to relaxing.
You need some rules to be a successful toker. I get what you are saying, but I don't light up until my days work is done, kids are in bed and the wife is happy
When I know I have nothing else to do for the rest of the evening, I spark up.
Its my argument, if you have the kind of personality that makes you want to toke at 2pm then thats you, not me. I know my limits, why shouldn't it be available to me? Because folks like you can't control themselves, others who have to show restraint can't. You see what I'm getting at? Its freedom to choose..........MAN.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman

JahManRed wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

You need some rules to be a successful toker. I get what you are saying, but I don't light up until my days work is done, kids are in bed and the wife is happy
Its my argument, if you have the kind of personality that makes you want to toke at 2pm then thats you, not me. I know my limits, why shouldn't it be available to me? Because folks like you can't control themselves, others who have to show restraint can't. You see what I'm getting at? Its freedom to choose..........MAN.
Fully agree with everything you said dude, but if you didn't have family would you set boundries on your tooting times, I never smoke before or during work it is just plain common sense and I would never smoke in front of mine or anyone else's kids. But I think that to legalise cannabis would see to many people, (the one's without the responsibilities) smoking all day long.  I can control myself that was an example but 5-6 years ago that was me, it has taken growing age and responsibility to make myself set limits and smoking times, but even now my brain still talks to me and tries to get me to have a joint before I have everything done.  If you only smoke pot on an evening when kids are in bed etc. do you need pot to be legalised, you obviously have no problems getting hold of any so what difference would it being legal or illegal make to you.
There is no right or wrong answer to this debate, I will keep smoking pot, I just think that legalising cannabis would affect too many people in a negative way, there has not been enough research into the long term effects of regular cannabis smoking.  You are good and can control your smoking habbits but I know to many people that it has effected in a negative way for it just to be a one off with my self. 
I would not even have carried on this debate but some fool gave me –1 for expressing my opinions so I’m gonna debate this topic now.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
How many of you struggle to get to sleep with out a doobie
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6676|USA

Jinto-sk wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Jinto-sk wrote:

Fully agree with everything you said dude, but if you didn't have family would you set boundries on your tooting times, I never smoke before or during work it is just plain common sense and I would never smoke in front of mine or anyone else's kids. But I think that to legalise cannabis would see to many people, (the one's without the responsibilities) smoking all day long.  I can control myself that was an example but 5-6 years ago that was me, it has taken growing age and responsibility to make myself set limits and smoking times, but even now my brain still talks to me and tries to get me to have a joint before I have everything done.  If you only smoke pot on an evening when kids are in bed etc. do you need pot to be legalised, you obviously have no problems getting hold of any so what difference would it being legal or illegal make to you.
There is no right or wrong answer to this debate, I will keep smoking pot, I just think that legalising cannabis would affect too many people in a negative way, there has not been enough research into the long term effects of regular cannabis smoking.  You are good and can control your smoking habbits but I know to many people that it has effected in a negative way for it just to be a one off with my self. 
I would not even have carried on this debate but some fool gave me –1 for expressing my opinions so I’m gonna debate this topic now.
Price is the difference. And the chance of going to jail for horseshit.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman

Jinto-sk wrote:

How many of you struggle to get to sleep with out a doobie
What no more comments thought someone might have something else to say
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6722|Wilmington, DE, US
No, I hate these lame kids and their "LOL 420" bullshit.
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6553|The Lost Highway
The drug war is a tool to keep the people down. Hallucinogens can really alter the way people think, and open up other 'doors of perception' which is dangerous when those in power want you to think exactly like the masses. Like Bob Marley said “When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.”

Legalize all drugs, and give help to the people with drug probeloms, not jail time.

We'd defiantly save alot of money if we ended it.

Jinto, you gave some good points, but what happens if you're coming home from your 'hook up' and forget to use a turn signal, get busted, and lose at the very least, some money?

Last edited by mKmalfunction (2006-06-14 06:43:07)

Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman

mKmalfunction wrote:

Jinto, you gave some good points, but what happens if you're coming home from your 'hook up' and forget to use a turn signal, get busted, and lose at the very least, some money?
See what you mean, I'm lucky though my chap delivers to my door
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman

Ikarti wrote:

No, I hate these lame kids and their "LOL 420" bullshit.
What is 420 please

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard