forestlaker
+1|6733
Somebody help. I have changed my video settings in the game and set them to high,(1280 x 960) the problem is I get a blank screen when I start the game and do not know how to change the settings back......
ThundergodTyLor
You am dee best!
+34|6712|RCM Headquarters
Edit: Use CruZ4dR's idea, it's more better.

Last edited by ThundergodTyLor (2006-06-09 06:21:20)

CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6672|The View From The Afternoon
Go to My Documents\Battlefield2\Profiles\0001(if that's the profile you are using)\Video(open in WordPad)

And then change your video settings manually by changing the numbers:

VideoSettings.setResolution 1024x768@60Hz

You should try the same settings that I have (above) since I have a 32" screen myself good luck
forestlaker
+1|6733
I just get a box bouncing on the screen that says RGB out of range
DrvUMad
+2|6570|Detroit, USA/Age 30
You wont need to change all the settings back, just the resolution.

Sounds like you have set the resolution out of the range your monitor/tv can handle. 

Here's an easy fix to get back into the game:

1.  If you don't already have a shortcut on your desktop, or if you want to create a duplicate, go to the Start menu and find your Battlefield 2 icon.  This will usually be found in All Programs -> EA GAMES -> Battlefield 2 (or Battlefield 2 Special Forces.)
2.  Right-click the Play Battlefield 2 (or Play Battlefield 2 Special Forces) icon and choose Send To.  Select Desktop (create shortcut)
3.  This places a copy of that shortcut on your desktop.
4.  Right-click the shortcut and choose Properties.
5.  Add a space and then the following to the END of the Target: line: "+szx 800 +szy 600" (no quotes)
6.  Press Apply, then OK.

You can change thatt 800x600 to whatever resolution you want to force BF2 into.

Hope this helps you!
forestlaker
+1|6733
Thanks I will give it a try and hope it works
DrvUMad
+2|6570|Detroit, USA/Age 30
Damn you guys are quick to respond,  There were no replies when I started typing!!

lol
forestlaker
+1|6733
DrvUMad it worked perfectly thanks for the helping hand..........
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6636
i got my laptop to project a 1900x1200 my 48 inch projection tv it looked awsome but my mom said i couldn't play video games in the living room =p

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard