Neoburn_1035
Medic!!!!!!!
+27|6826|OP, KS
Please for the love of god noobs stop Bunny Hopping around. If you are not good enough to drop to a knee and take out your opposition with one or two shots may be you should practice more against the computer. Please if you see a Bunny Hopper Kill him over and over again till he give up on hopping or leaves the room completely.

Last edited by Neoburn_1035 (2005-10-18 14:05:33)

Mark_UK67
+0|6780|England
Here here, I whole heartedly agree.

Even Counter Strike has made Bunny-Hopping a thing of the past now

Perhaps EA/Dice need to associate jumping with the fatigue meter more, say each jump wipes out 1/3 of your fatigue so you can only make 3 jumps max before you're exhausted.
slidero
I will prone hop all I want and you cannot stop me.
CBRad929
+1|6781
Just for clarification:

Counter Strike Bunnyhopping was originally a glitch that allowed people to move faster than normally possible by jumping and moving diagonally.  At first people who had good dexterity could do this, which was then later moved to a script where anyone and their mother could download.

Although the diagonal-jump to move faster has since been removed from Counter Strike, it does not represent what is happening in BF2 where people are jumping to avoid fire.

Do I believe in using glitching?  No.

Do I think jumping to avoid fire is glitching?  No.

Do I jump to avoid fire?  I try to avoid doing it, but sometimes it happens.  I place it in the same mindset of Assault infantry.  It has its place and time, even though most people who use either abuse it.

All in all, I think that EA/DICE was leaning towards more arcade/balance than realism.  Otherwise you would have M95s that would give leathal lead poisoning on the first shot.
]305[ Charlton
+0|6763
i dont really like to bunny hop unless if im knife fighting and especially the noobs wit te Nade launchers they are so F'N annoying any1 agree
CBRad929
+1|6781
I think that GL has its place, but its mostly leathal in anyone's hands from 0-50 yards.  Farther than 50 they have to figure out the trajectory out a little better giving you a better chance to kill them.  And if they miss with the first shot, this gives you the advantage.
Lawk
+2|6771
The only thing to do for EA/DICE would be to make the recticles/crosshairs grow to half the screen size during a jump, thus rendering your weapon useless to a certain degree.

Anyway, hopping just makes you look silly.  Most of the kids doing it are probably wearing on their parents' nerves with the constant spacebar slap.  Maybe soon they'll have their computer privaleges revoked.
Deedubya
+-2|6799|The Seventh Circle of Hell
Slidero, you are nothing but a jet whore, so what do you do, bunny-hop to your jet before you jump in and go a'whoring? The only time you're gunning is probably on the urban maps, but wait, then you just jump in a tank or chopper and whore away with those too. Of course, I'm just messing with you, since all I do is helo-gunner, or tankin', LOL...

But seriously, I really don't see anything wrong with jumping as you're fighting. I do when I'm in it with someone WHEN I'm an engineer, mostly. Otherwise, I'll prone out and try to take em out as best I can. I've encountered said bunny-hoppers and it is very annoying, and agree that your fatigue meter should reduce drastically by jumping. Especially the ones that look like flippin' dolphins prone jumping around like they're having epileptic seizures, all the while you're playing the game the right way and missing him like crazy. Ah well, who knows....
v1l2u5
+1|6775
I think they paid $50 for thier copy of the game and they can play the was they want.

I do it a little but not to much because I found it better to prone and shoot.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6771|NRW,Germany
Normally I try not to jump around like a leapfrog in love but sometimes when under fire I try to jump behind some concealment.
Incontrovertible
+1|6770|Brisbane, Australia

CBRad929 wrote:

Just for clarification:

Counter Strike Bunnyhopping was originally a glitch that allowed people to move faster than normally possible by jumping and moving diagonally.  At first people who had good dexterity could do this, which was then later moved to a script where anyone and their mother could download.

Although the diagonal-jump to move faster has since been removed from Counter Strike, it does not represent what is happening in BF2 where people are jumping to avoid fire.

Do I believe in using glitching?  No.

Do I think jumping to avoid fire is glitching?  No.

Do I jump to avoid fire?  I try to avoid doing it, but sometimes it happens.  I place it in the same mindset of Assault infantry.  It has its place and time, even though most people who use either abuse it.

All in all, I think that EA/DICE was leaning towards more arcade/balance than realism.  Otherwise you would have M95s that would give leathal lead poisoning on the first shot.
Agreed. Hard not to with grammar like that.
Ryan
+1,230|6840|Alberta, Canada

if u take 3 jumps and your exhausted you must be pretty damn fat lol
Omnimalice
All Hate
+1|6777|Northern VA

ryan_14 wrote:

if u take 3 jumps and your exhausted you must be pretty damn fat lol
So fat we can't squeeze through a 2 foot wide gap in bamboo trees.
tr1ce
+0|6777|St. Aug, FL
The only time I really bunnyhop is when I see someone coming at me with a grenade launcher... I will dolphin dive all day long to avoid that lame weapon. For anything else, I don't see the need to bunnyhop.
dan500
+57|6845
I work with bunny hopers in one way, i hop and use n00b tube, but i would like to see a end to this, 1 jump per 15 secs? That could work
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6806|Marathon, Florida Keys
i dont care about bunny hoppers or divers, i can take them and 80% of the time im victorious, i cannot stand nade launchers.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6834
F@GG@TS Bunny hop, the end
Omnimalice
All Hate
+1|6777|Northern VA
I can't believe the attitude on this. I feel compeled to write an article about bunny hopping to help set this to rest here.
thinner44
+1|6807
It's not just 'noobs' that bunny hop.... it goes across all ranks. I hate it personally and won't use it. But like someone said, they paid for the game, they can play it how they like.

'divers' are different, that's a recognised tactic, especially if you have a weapon that's best fired from a prone position... pkm in the face anyone
-=|AA|=-Col.Magnum
+0|6784|Rockhampton Qld
just shoot all bunnies, i think its bloody stupid and should be stopped, but we are not able to do that so i just say lets shoot em all.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6817

v1l2u5 wrote:

I think they paid $50 for thier copy of the game and they can play the was they want.

I do it a little but not to much because I found it better to prone and shoot.
No, their parents paid $50 for it to shut their kids up about it.

Anyway, I've seemed to have subconciously developed a way around the grenade launcher and bunny hoppers. I've noticed more and more that the minute I see anyone holding something that looks like a grenade launcher I will sidestep and jump continuously. And they always miss, 90% of the time they were holding one.

As for the bunny hoppers, they are TOO easy to deal with. Since they cant hit for shit anyway when their in the air, all you have to do is time your shots to when they land and just wait till they land again. This always works and they will soon realise their strategy is useless.
Balstar
+0|6763
I jump to avoid rocket fire. I mean if someone was pointing a rocket launcher at you you wouldnt stay prone or kneel would you? You'd dive the hell away!  But you cant dive so I jump.  Personally i dont think theres anyway to avoid it if they got it right on you.
Israfael
+1|6792
I'll bet everyone's definition of bunnyhop in this thread is different.  I've been yelled at for jumping once when I heard an m95 bullet hit the ground next to me, I've been yelled at for jumping to throw c4 on a tank, for jumping across the opening to an alleyway, once for jumping and spinning til I saw who was shooting at me then went prone and shot and killed a guy.  All said I was bunnyhopping.  Is bunnyhopping (in this game) when you jump and shoot? when you jump? when you jump more than once? when you jump and go prone?  I'm so confused as to what I can and can't do anymore.  I know what bunnyhopping was in other games, it usually had something to do with giving the bunnyhopper speed or some other added effects.  In this game, it eats up part of your fatigue guage, and makes your aim suck.  This is the first time I've played an fps where people complained that jumping was unfair because it makes you harder to hit.  But seriously, I'd like clarification on what everyone considers bunnyhopping.
HoOCabbage
+0|6770
If they changed the game so that a jump of any kind exhausted your run bar a certain large percentage it would cut down a lot on the pointless hopping.  There is a time to jump to avoid incoming rocket fire though.
thinner44
+1|6807

HoOCabbage wrote:

If they changed the game so that a jump of any kind exhausted your run bar a certain large percentage it would cut down a lot on the pointless hopping.  There is a time to jump to avoid incoming rocket fire though.
It does, look at your staus bar next time you jump ... bunny hoppers can hop all they like, but they can't run till the status goes from red to white.

My take on 'bunny hopping', they are the ones that will jump continuously to avoid being shot, whether at CQC or distance... but will happily shoot you whilst they're hopping... it's not pretty, but it's their tactic, 'we' who don't hop, will have to adjust accordingly ... I usually get killed by them, but hey, it's a game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard