ZkylonB
+36|6567
I'm nearing 20 k points, and i need this badge to get next rank.

Anyways to get this badge WITHOUT killing my 1.3 k:d.
Katash
+4|6578
I found the best way to get kinfe kills is to use the flashbangs to blind ppl.  Also I've found a good technique is to run up to ppl and hite prone, knife, stand, prone, knife, stand etc...
dubbs
+105|6651|Lexington, KY
Yep, go to a city map, Karkand is great for this.  Make for sure it is a large map with very few players on it.  This way the game last longer, and you can compensate for you K/D after you get it.  I got my vet, as USMC, by sneaking up on people who were "hiding" behing the second fenced area.  Also, practice diving and knifing at the same time.  If you hit around or below the knees, you have a better chance at a one hit kill this way without getting killed.  Most knife hits to the upper body takes two hits.  It is also nice to have a medic around to revive you incase you die, and to kill the enemy if needed.
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6704|Seattle
I'm sorry, but is seven knife kills really that hard?

Find a server running a 64-player city map with only like 20 people in it.  This way the round will last a long time.

Hang out in shadowy places by well-traversed control points.  (i.e. the construction site and surveilence point on Sharqi)

Stab people as they walk by / spawn / try to cap it.

Last edited by Erwin_Rommel188 (2006-06-09 00:18:49)

ZkylonB
+36|6567
i got like 5 kills a round by spawn camping.

kinda cheap i know
Sambuccashake
+126|6629|Sweden
Mashtuur City is my favorite map and it has a few spots where the knife comes in handy.

* If the enemy is stuck at backyard (where the USMC tank spawns) go around it and sneak around the "garage". You'll find a few prone players in or around this area.

* The rooftop by the mosque is also a nice spot if your team mates are going for the flag.
There's a spawn point inside the building and most players tend to shoot out the window (stab 'em in the back) or prone on the rooftop lobbing grenades and whatnot. (Again, you're free to stab 'em in the back!)

* When going for the hotel, don't go for the flag with the rest of your team mates.
Go around the back and try to gain entrance to the building.
Repeat what I posted above about the mosque. And of course... Stab'em in the back!

* If your team is trying to take the hill, leave the flag for your team mates and go around the building.
There's a spawn point right by the opening in the fence. (about 3 meters from the flag)
Since your spawning enemy knows there are people on the flag he will face their direction 9 out of 10 times.
(You know what's coming... Stab 'em in the back!)

Try this approach for a few rounds and see how it feels. I'm sure you'll make your bagde before 20K.

Happy hunting and stab 'em in the back!

EDIT: I noticed you already have 79 knife kills and since patch 1.3 you only need 100 global knife kills for expert so I don't think you have to worry too much since you've got 4346 points to go.

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2006-06-09 00:48:11)

schakl
+21|6708
- Play a street map (karkand or sharqui) and wait until there is an UAV showing enemies.
- Run to one, go prone and stab. I nearly have a 100% hit rate when I cut their toes (lol).
- Also snipers are easy to hit with knife (they won't see you, but check if there is a claymore).
- Never attack guys who spotted you.
- Play a medic to heal yourself.
- But be prepared to 'spoil' your K/D a little bit (lol).

Last edited by schakl (2006-06-09 00:37:44)

=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6645|Britain and Damn proud of it!
Karkand, sniper kit, ally to hotel..... just go nuts....
007hutchy
+2|6807
Play Karkland, be MEC and basically run up the right hand side of the map, cut across the road and then drop behind the house where the mounted mini gun is. You will kill probably 3 people every time you do this cos all the americans are facing the wrong way. You think its hard initially, then once you've done it you wonder what all the fuss was about
ZkylonB
+36|6567
Thanks for the help fellows.

Much love
Shivan
+1|6670
best place to knife ireckon is the square on karkand when the US have the hotel AS US
if you get in there without being shot, just run around the rocks knifing, everytime i try i get at least 3-4 knifes this way
beerface702
+65|6712|las vegas
just charge someone, a lower ranked person..wound them a bit..then jump all over, behind..whatever, dolhpin dive and stab

or find campers
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6671
Hold on, if you get 100 global knife kills you get expert knife regardless?

Is the inround requirement totally gone now? I thought they'd lowered it from 18 to 7 kills in a round?

I hate how they lowered all the requirements, because of it I held back on installing 1.3 until I got my expert pistol and knife.

https://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~mccasey/bf2/screen162.jpg
1.22, I earned it.

Ditto on what other people have said. Medic + Karkand = Easy knife badge.

Last edited by EvilMonkeySlayer (2006-06-09 04:08:19)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6735

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

Hold on, if you get 100 global knife kills you get expert knife regardless?

Is the inround requirement totally gone now? I thought they'd lowered it from 18 to 7 kills in a round?

I hate how they lowered all the requirements, because of it I held back on installing 1.3 until I got my expert pistol and knife.

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~mccasey … een162.jpg
1.22, I earned it.

Ditto on what other people have said. Medic + Karkand = Easy knife badge.
no, u need vetty knife first.

i played SF devils perch, thats how i got mine
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6808|Singapore

1. See Jack, See!
2. Run Jack, Run!
3. Stab Jack, Stab!

Repeat x 7
LordDragonclaw
RPK-74 Whore
+26|6601
Be either medic so you can heal yourself or sniper because its hard to tell them apart. Hide in the karkand alleyways and stap USMC nubs running by.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6675|Brisbane, Australia

No, dont grab a 20 man 64 karkand server, go one one that is 32 karkand with 64 people, its chaos, hotel never gets capped, and you can flank the noobs nading the US spawns
RD_The_Dog
+87|6556
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6728
I think that it got a little harder because there are fewer medics whoring karkand now.  If you can get lucky at the begining of the round by knifing the reviver and the revivee it is a lot easyer.   Go for it on the weekend when there are more noobs on the servers.

Last edited by cheshiremoe (2006-06-09 06:10:52)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6735

polarbearz wrote:

1. See Jack, See!
2. Run Jack, Run!
3. Stab Jack, Stab!

Repeat x 7
now thats what i call helpful!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6663|Cumberland, MD, USA
My advice is to use the enviornment to your advantage. Try to get on top of buildings and jump down behind players. Also wait at the top of very often used ladders (i.e. The ladder on Karkand that leads to the rooftop where you can jump onto the Hotel flag from.) and wait. If all else fails, catch me on the =KAW= Karkand server and I'll show you some good tips.
AnOctaveBelow
+1|6572
I prefer being china on wake island.  When USA cap a flag - camp near a building or even in one.  They'll all spawn and be too preoccupied by a couple of tanks, a chopper, possibly a J-10 (if it's had enough of the carrier).  Problem is that the average game of wake doesn't last long and US sometimes don't even manage to cap, but when they do make shure you're there!  It's good fun!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard