Poll

If one draws his knife, will you? If 2 guys knife, will you killsteal?

Yes to first, no to second. Show of sportsmanship IMO.44%44% - 56
No to both. Knife fights honored, but don't wantmyself.7%7% - 9
No first, yes second. I got a gun to shoot people!18%18% - 24
Yes to both. Knife fight is fun, but i want points too.29%29% - 38
Total: 127
The ODM
+4|6782|Holland
I think everyone has been in this situation a couple of times in Battlefield2: In a 1 on 1 gunfight, one player runs out of ammo and switches to his knife. Ofcourse, reloading takes some times and a knife is good. Strangely for me, in BF2, the other player will usually (talking out of experience) reload his main gun and shoot anyway. Or he draws his knife and one of them gets shot by someone else.

I started playing the battlefield series with 1942, however i liked the DC mod there alot better, especially the map Lostvillage. It was quite common that one ran out of ammo and drew his knife, and the opponent would usually (again talking out of experience) draw his knife, even if he had ammo left. Any bystanders would wait for the knife fight to end before walking on/shoothing the knife fight winner, in case of an enemy.

In Battlefield2 this does not seem to happen very often. Is it because of the larger scaled battles? Is it because of the amount of ammo everyone has? Is the knife in BF2 not good enough, or the pistol to good, or the reload times to short? Or maybe it's because there's always a teammate/enemy close by to kill you/steal your kill? Or is it because there's a chance the player dies in a knifefight, losing his advantage of still having bullets, and risk a chance to get a death/miss some points?

Personally, if an opponent of mine draws his knife, he's saying "Hey, I'm out, i only got this knife left, you can shoot me if you want." I'll draw my knife, seems like better sportmanship to me. The extra death i might get by it doesn't matter that mucht right?

What do you think about knife fights? Let me know, share your experiences and discuss please:)
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6567|Area 51
When one person draws his knive, and it aint in a alley with 3 million other soldiers then I will draw my knive too. And when I see to people knive fight I might shoot one and maybe I wont, though I did vote yes on both.
Kenthar
Resident Dragon Fanatic
+21|6548
If one person randomly draws their knife against me, they just signed their own death warrant.

If it's two people having a knife fight, I'd probably hold my fire, just out of fear of hitting my teammate accidentally.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6623|Gold coast, Aus.
Depends. If its quite yea, I'll knife back. But I will never dteal a ill on purpose....
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord
Knives are for ambushing If I have ammo and someone is brave <cough>stupid<cough> enough to draw his knife and come at me I'll do my best to drop them with my guns, I need all the help I can get.
(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN
+88|6546|Boise, Idaho
I always pull my knife but I never kill a person that my team mate might kill. Even if my teammate is caoming up behind them I never do that.
Nomer
+10|6700|North of Boston
The worst has to be when someone sneaks up behind you and tries to knife you while you weren't looking, but you sense him/turn around and because he's so close to you shoot him as a reaction and he then proceeds to call you a coward or a poor sport for not drawing the knife yourself.  But yes I will draw the knife if I see him do it and we're not in the middle of somewhere ridiculously crowded and I will let knife fights reach their satisfying conclusion before shooting the winner (provided he isn't on my team) and letting him bask in the glory of his win for 15 seconds.

I get in my fair share of knife fights in places off to the side of the main direct route (like low rooftops or maybe as a sniper) where we both run out of ammo and go, not too many people pull out a knife against someone holding an assault rifle at the other end of an alley but a lot do use it over the pistol and that can lead to one too.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6683
I mow them both down.. if your red your dead.. it has nothing to do with points.. but more to do with your the enemy I dont want you to kill my guy and drop 1 more ticket from are ticket pool. and if your comming at me with a knife you had better be comming quick, because im not going  to pull mine out till im out of ammo.

http://bf2s.com/player/45628790/
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6692|The Netherlands
I shoot em down Instantly with my assault rifle, or maybe blow them to pieces with a GL. I already got my expert knife badge, so what do I need knife kills for?
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6656|Westminster, Colorado
Knife fights keep this game interesting.  I am always looking for a reason to kill someone knife v knife.
XIthRyker
+7|6656
If someone draws a knife I ALWAYS pul my knife out and give him a fight. If 2 do i kill one and fight the other.
0akleaves
+183|6615|Newcastle UK
i dont shoot them i tend to join in and win... i dont see many knife fights though
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6711
Most of the time if I try and switch to knife  there already stabing me ( then they will laugh at you for tring to make if fair).  Sportsmanship is hardly ever returned in this game so it does not pay to be sports man like, but for me it depends on the situation.  I have played a enginer a lot so everyone else has advantage when it is not close range so why should I give up the avantage of a shoty when there right in front of me.  Then I have gone for the Knife fight with other kits.  I generaly don't steel kills though ( except when it is a smoking chopper).
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6681|Denver, CO
Personally, I'd prefer to knife fight if the enemy is willing.  However, in the heat of battle when i'm engaging the enemy and he draws a knife, I don't notice it until it's too late and he's already dead.

Snipers are another thing though, when I see a sniper I pull out my trusty shank those are pretty much the only knife fights i had... for the exception of very few others.

I do remember one cool moment which got engraved in my memory
"I was playing on the MEC side of Karkand one day and pretty soon we were all cornered at the Factory.  Seeing as our demise is near I took a trusty vodnik and rushed for the Suburb flag.  I neutralize the flag, check the score board and see that i'm the only one alive! YIKES... i run for the top of the building.  Next thing i know there're like 20 people coming for me.  One of them makes it to the top of the building, he has gun out.  I pull out my knife and start hitting the ground in front of me.  He agrees and pulls out his knife too I get lucky and shank the poor bastard.  Next about 3 people make it to the roof.  I'm hitting the ground in front of me like a madman hoping they'll notice  lol.  They do (whipes the sweat off) 2 watch as one runs for me with his knife.  We roll around for a bit and i get lucky again.  Then both of the other guys run for me and finally I get what I deserve and right on que the round is over "

that was very memorable, so if you're up for it and i see it, I won't turn down a fight
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6696|Howell, Mi USA
If someone pulls a knife i will always pull mine. Theres nothing better than a good ol knife fight. If i see a teammate in a knife fight ill hold fire till someone is killed, if it happens to be my teammate well the winner dies anyway
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6740|The Hague, Netherlands

I will pull mine, always fun a knife fight
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6733|Peoria, Illinois
Those who said yes to both are typically the pointwhores that will teamkill me with no regrets just to kill the other guy.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6839
I blast every one, knife or not.

My TK's are farely low all things considered.  I do have a lot of team damage though.
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6677|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
I play fair and draw a knife but if its two against one,sorry Im getting my gun out.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6693|Devon, England
wat about if u wud draw your knife at both times?
The ODM
+4|6782|Holland
Good question, if there's a knife fight in progress, would you join in? I wouldn't, big chance i get teamkilled/make a teamkill.
pojomoof
+8|6542
If dude is pretty close and comes in with knife drawn, I will knife fight with him. (unless im a medic then hes getting fried). If he is a little ways away and he comes rushing me with a knife then 2 points are heading my direction. If I see 2 people knife fighting and my teammate dies, you best believe dude is getting taken down, out of revenge for my fallen commrade, and the possiblilty of a kill assist for him.
-r3-anubis
+73|6539|florida
Knife fighting in BF 2 is awesome, since im good at it. CS knife fighting sucks ass.
LordDragonclaw
RPK-74 Whore
+26|6584
Depends, if someone runs at me with a knife and I take the time to draw mine Im most likely a goner. If hes not too close Ill take mine out and try my luck. If I see 2 guys knife fighting I just watch for a while to see if the enemy wins or not because most likely ill get a tk if I try and interfere.
Boomer1120
Vagine Movie Thread Creator
+105|6744
I have a gun for a reason...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard