Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6696|Tampa Bay Florida

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

please dont do that whole "hes a human being" angle.
I'm glad he's dead.  Good riddance.  But that doesn't mean I'm going to worship his death.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6738|Peoria, Illinois

Spearhead wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

please dont do that whole "hes a human being" angle.
I'm glad he's dead.  Good riddance.  But that doesn't mean I'm going to worship his death.
Who's worshipping his death? All I see is happy and relieved people and then paople who want to come on here and argue with them for it.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6557|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
Here's the BBC opinion, draw from it what you will

"So what effect will his death now have on the violence in Iraq? In the short term the likely answer is very little.

Even before his death his influence and popularity in Iraq had been waning.

He had fallen foul of many tribal leaders in Iraq's Sunni triangle and his targeting of civilians had caused considerable revulsion.

It is also important to remember that most of the violence in Iraq is entirely home-grown.

Though the Americans themselves had over the years helped build up the reputation of Zarqawi, that focus probably ended up exaggerating his role. "

Full story http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle … 059978.stm
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568

whittsend wrote:

Even the US military isn't stupid enough to say they killed someone they didn't  and take the chance of him showing up later.  Nope, this guy is dead.
They were stupid enough to lie about not killing people and risk video evidence turning up, but where's the surprise?  We all know what they say about Military Intelligence.

whittsend wrote:

Edit:

CNN wrote:

A Web site used by Al Qaeda in Iraq confirmed al-Zarqawi's death and urged its followers to continue the insurgent fight.
Ta.  That puts that question to rest.
Random-Hero58
+10|6566|TX
It is a great day, woke up, turned on my TV and saw that he was dead. Very good news to hear.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

Though the Americans themselves had over the years helped build up the reputation of Zarqawi, that focus probably ended up exaggerating his role. "

Full story http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle … 059978.stm
Been hearing the media moan and groan for the last few years that Zarqawi is the mastermind and we'll never catch him. He's the sneaky one "that's been behind all of these horric trajedies in Iraq". Now they want to play it down like it's no big deal. That's typical of of the media. I'm already reading crap that OBL is no big deal now either. I guess they want to get the message out now before he's caught after all these years of playing him as the one we have to capture. We wouldn't want the US military to actually have a victory or anything.

The media claimed that when the Army killed the Hussein brothers that they wren't even in charge. Then when Saddam was captured it was he didn't have control either. Now the control and responsiblity for all the carnage in Iraq lies in "homegrown insurgents". When someone claims that, they will always be able to argue "no victory here" because they'll never capture every insurgent out there. Sorry but I don't really care what the newspapers say. We all have our own opinion on victory and it's level of importance. I'm not going to be sheeple and let some news source decide that for me.

Regardless of how many people Zarqawi actually kidnapped or killed, he was feared among the Iraqis and very hard to find.  This was a major victory for the troops as it builds their morale that they can accomplish something major like that and that it builds trust in the Iraqi government that we are doing our job over there.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers

Bubbalo wrote:

whittsend wrote:

Even the US military isn't stupid enough to say they killed someone they didn't  and take the chance of him showing up later.  Nope, this guy is dead.
They were stupid enough to lie about not killing people and risk video evidence turning up, but where's the surprise?
When there is a conviction, let me know.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568

M1-Lightning wrote:

When there is a conviction, let me know.
The military has admitted 24 civilians were killed, they just have yet to determine whether there was any criminal activity involved (IMHO, of course.  But then, that isn't enough in a court of law).
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650
Muqtada Al-Sadir and the mahdi mlilitia up next.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

If the military has the capability to deal with the Mahdi Militia, why haven't they done so already?  They aren't exactly in hiding.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650

Bubbalo wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

If the military has the capability to deal with the Mahdi Militia, why haven't they done so already?  They aren't exactly in hiding.
LOL, read the news.

bubalo dont even think about getting into this one with me, Ive been in combat with the mahdi militia.  straight slaughter.  all you do is sit your fat ass at a computer. criticizing and complaining about the horrid United States, why dont you get a life little man.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-06-08 09:35:47)

PekkaA
+36|6671|Finland

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

LOL, read the news.

bubalo dont even think about getting into this one with me, Ive been in combat with the mahdi militia.  straight slaughter.  all you do is sit your fat ass at a computer.
It's a shame you have to pester respect from a computer-gaming forum, IF you were in army. It would make me bitter too. My grandfather who fought in WWII once said, that those who brag most in civilian life, usually were first to run from battle.

p.s I've been in army, although not in battle.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650

PekkaA wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

LOL, read the news.

bubalo dont even think about getting into this one with me, Ive been in combat with the mahdi militia.  straight slaughter.  all you do is sit your fat ass at a computer.
It's a shame you have to pester respect from a computer-gaming forum, IF you were in army. It would make me bitter too. My grandfather who fought in WWII once said, that those who brag most in civilian life, usually were first to run from battle.

EDITED BECAUSE IM AN ASSHOLE

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-06-08 10:55:32)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6742|Salt Lake City

If you want to get some interesting insight, I might suggest watching, if you can, or if you can't, reading the transcripts from Foreign Exchange.

http://foreignexchange.tv/?q=node/1332
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6653|Nova Scotia
I think he was sticking up for you...

Last edited by Rygar (2006-06-09 11:53:01)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650

Rygar wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

PekkaA wrote:

good for you, not even worth addressing the rest of it.  but eh, fuck off
in that case I feel like the biggest asshole in the world and i am truly truly sorry.
tHe sw3De
+6|6541
n o why would he die i loved him and wanted to suck his ****
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6701|Mountains of West Virginia

tHe sw3De wrote:

n o why would he die i loved him and wanted to suck his ****
Hi I'm 12 and need attention.
-F8-Scotch
+43|6576
Is there any reason to think that Al-Qaeda in Iraq gave this dude up? After the doofus couldn't figure out how to unjam the Saw he was using I wouldn't be suprised if this was a calculated move. It's that I wouldn't be suprised, not that I expect that to be the case.

Zarqawi was certainly a bad dude and one that will not be missed. Let's hope there isn't a badder dude waiting for his opprotunity to take over.

Scotch
comet241
+164|6771|Normal, IL
the guy personally cut of the heads of american citizens and personally led a group of insurgants that have murdered thousands of innocent civilians.... yeah, this is news to have a few beers over. CHEERS!!! THIS ONE'S ON ME!!!!!!!
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6765|MA, USA

Rygar wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

PekkaA wrote:

good for you, not even worth addressing the rest of it.  but eh, fuck off
Reads to me like PekkaA was criticising Gunslinger for talking about his time in on this forum.  Strange thing to criticise one for.

PekkaA:  Battle is a little different than homeside training.  If there is one way to piss off a combat troop, say something inaccurate about, or that reflects poorly upon, that soldier's unit in combat.  Go on, give it a shot down the local VFW and see if you don't get a shot in the mouth for your trouble.  I'm pretty sure that wasn't the kind of talk your grandfather was talking about.  Let's give it a test; tell grandad his unit was a bunch of babykilling REMFs and see if he doesn't do a little talking of his own.

Last edited by whittsend (2006-06-08 11:57:57)

99red
+0|6540
I feel this a a small victory in a big war but a victory none the less. Just as in bf2 we fight hard to capture that one flag just to move on to the next one we will press on. I support the troops and raise my glass to them and have one thing to say, Give em' hell boys....give em' hell.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6544|Long Island, New York
Eh, there's always gonna be someone to take his place. I'm not sure if this is officially the demise of Al Qaeda.

Great news though, that bastard beheaded so many people.
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6661|United States of America
Poor bastard died without ever getting to taste the other white meat. How sad:(

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard