darkjedi1976
+0|6598
Each time i try to play operation harvest (64 player) bf2 locks up, has any one else had this problem. The other 2 map work fine. I have not change any thing. Any one????????????????
lukeiamnotyourfather
Joe's Crematorium, You Kill'em, We Grill'em!
+37|6695
what exactly happens?
Waffenzug
+0|6553|Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
It did that to me first time out.  The server switched me to the other team, I climbed into a bunker, and it locked up.  I had to power off the machinery to get back to the OS and relaunch the game.
Jewbat
+8|6748
It's done this once today, and all the time on Midnight Sun. I turned off all shaders and light and it works fine on both maps now.
darkjedi1976
+0|6598
I get to the span screen select a span point and a kit, when I click done it lock up the game did it on road rage too. Has don it 3 time now. Last time I ended bf2 in task manager restarted bf2 got into the same server and all seemed fine. It's look like it only when the map first starts when this is going on. just wanted to see if any one else had the same problem.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6715|Germany
Yup,have that problem too,first time that BF2 locked up,before that it was the occasional CTD,thanks to 1.3...

The sandbags in the new levels looked kinda f*cked up on my machine,as if they were covered in plastic.
So I've deleted the shader cache and now the sandbags look alright again,maybe this stopped the locking up too,haven't had that again since I cleared the cache.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-06-08 07:38:49)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6713|Howell, Mi USA
The very first time i loaded an AF ranked game it froze hardcore soon as i came in. That was on Road Rage though. Sounds like more DICE issues.

Btw Harvest pwns for armor combat
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
tupla_s
+455|6611|Finland
Happened to me too yesterday and I couldn't play road rage at all...

I dunno if it works now
timeinfinite
gõt ðæmôñ?
+14|6744
yea same to me for roadrage, just restarted the game a few times and it seemed to work fine....

wait you could try running patch 1.3 again, that fixed it for me...
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6690
Yea hpeend to me, I was near the arty when it went off and the sound just kept looping and locked everything up.

Played a total of three hours on those maps and only 1 lock up.  SO I suppose I am doing well /shrug

Last edited by Stealth42o (2006-06-08 07:51:02)

TF501|Slee
+18|6589|Michigan
Not sure if it's related but myself and a buddy were having a heck of time joining a particular server via IP address the other night.  Each time we did so, it would load the map then CTD just as you were about to spawn the first time.  Happened 3 times in a row for me and about the same for my buddy.

I went in and found the server in the list and clicked the name to join and was fine.  Buddy still had problems.  I've never had everything lock up on me while already playing in AF yet, however.
darkjedi1976
+0|6598
I will keep dinging and see if I can find a fix. I will try to load AF on the laptop and see if I get the same problem. I will let you know .

Thanks for the help.
viserov
+9|6692|Atlanta
BF locks up for me when I am MEC in Harvest and I get in the MEC scout chopper. Always have to do a cold restart of my computer.
pfc_toecutter
meatshield
+38|6637|Houston, TX
OK, just tried playing Midnight and gun intermittently fires by itself, then it got laggy as hell, then froze.  Alright, find a new server... Crash To Desktop.   I don't even want to play.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6587

Cbass wrote:

Btw Harvest pwns for armor combat
Not only for armor combat, but helicopter combat. I just played with my regular gunner on this map and he went 60/7 and i 15/7. In my opinion Operation Harvest is the best Armored Fury map.

And for the game locking up on Operation Harvest, it recently happened two times on my PC.

Last edited by fierce (2006-06-08 16:22:49)

Phrozenbot
+632|6634|do not disturb

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Yup,have that problem too,first time that BF2 locked up,before that it was the occasional CTD,thanks to 1.3...

The sandbags in the new levels looked kinda f*cked up on my machine,as if they were covered in plastic.
So I've deleted the shader cache and now the sandbags look alright again,maybe this stopped the locking up too,haven't had that again since I cleared the cache.
Yea, the sandbags look all shiny too me on Operation Harvest, and the render shifts when you look at it at certain angles.

Some AF servers crash me to desktop just by clicking to join the server, and sometimes the game crashes after the map loads and after the join game button appears. It is really ticking me off, as loading and getting into a successful game of AF can take me 30 to 60 minutes.

Anyways, I may not be able to get AF running, but best of luck to everyone else!
viserov
+9|6692|Atlanta
My Harvest crashes when, as MEC, I get into the MEC scout chopper. It happens for a friend of mine, too.

And, I, too, get the sandbag issue. The only other time I had issues with sandbags looking like I just snorted a kilo of crack is in SF.
PRiMACORD
+190|6643|Home of the Escalade Herds
I've had my computer lock up 3 times today, it's usually when i first loadup a map.

Extremely annoying, arg
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6560|Doncaster UK

darkjedi1976 wrote:

I get to the span screen select a span point and a kit, when I click done it lock up the game did it on road rage too. Has don it 3 time now. Last time I ended bf2 in task manager restarted bf2 got into the same server and all seemed fine. It's look like it only when the map first starts when this is going on. just wanted to see if any one else had the same problem.
i had the exact same problem last night, Every time i clicked on done on the spawn point select screen the PC locked up, had to actually turn off using the power button,now it did this 3 times (twice on opp harvest and once on midnight)

i am hoping this is just a one off because AF has been playing fine for the past couple of days (well Tuesday night and Wednesday afternoon)

any more info on this would be appreciated..
jaric57
+1|6653

mavrick 3399 wrote:

darkjedi1976 wrote:

i had the exact same problem last night, Every time i clicked on done on the spawn point select screen the PC locked up, had to actually turn off using the power button,now it did this 3 times (twice on opp harvest and once on midnight)

i am hoping this is just a one off because AF has been playing fine for the past couple of days (well Tuesday night and Wednesday afternoon)

any more info on this would be appreciated..
Same here. Could'nt play AF at all last night it would just lock up. Tried again this morning & seems fine now.

Oh well .....
(WC)KtheC
+9|6730
That happened to me this morning.  Locked up when trying to enter Road Rage.  The map would load
but when it came time to pick my kit and choose a spawn point, lock up city.
This map worked perfectly the night before.  It did this 2 times in a row, both times having to do a
hard reset.  When I restarted the third time I went into Midnight Sun and Operation Harvest with no
problems.
Very strange
darkjedi1976
+0|6598
has any one looked on ea site to see if more people are having the same problem? I'm going to look now I will let you know if I find anything.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard