fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6575
Thanks for the hint, i'll give it a try as soon as i'm at home.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6534|Portland, OR USA
I also run the X-FI Platinum card and love it.  I haven't had any issues, though if you've been getting that many BSODs, I truly would recommend a format/reload for many reasons.  The main reason is nothing begets BSODs like BSODs.  Another of many variables that make my situation different is I am running WinXPx64.

Abit AW8-MAX
2GB Ballistix 6400
2x250 WD SATAII w/ RAID0
PentiumD 830 (3GHz)
OSS-CAPT-SPEIRS
+13|6739|Orange County, CA

99Ram2500 wrote:

Yeah it has nothing to do with a clean driver install.  It will crash on a fresh o/s install w/ new drivers.

It does seem to happen more on ASUS boards, and even more specifically the nForce4 chipset..  Its not limited to that, but a good chunk of the people with problems have an asus w/ nf4.

Im hoping i can find a fix somewhere from someone that made their own driver for either the chipset, bios, or card.

Ive heard everything from its an IRQ conflict to voltage starvation on the pci bus to too much data traffic on pci bus, etc.

Some have had luck disabling ACPI, but then they can only run at one core of their cpu.  Some have had luck disabling every option in the bios.

OSS-CAPT-SPEIRS, what motherboard do you use?   Its not so much the card being crap but the card not completely compatible with many motherboards.

I am able to run BF2 in Xfi mode and ultra high, however sometimes it crashes when i hit "join game" and other times i can play for an hour and a half before a crash.

Im debating on a new motherboard.  The nForce4 has gotta be the worst there is from my experience and reading everyones troubles.
Not sure on the MOBO, it is whatever came with the Dell XPS Dual Core Pentium.
Reciprocity
+721|6588|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I've had xfi for 4 or 5 months now, never had a single problem
OSS-CAPT-SPEIRS
+13|6739|Orange County, CA

99Ram2500 wrote:

Yeah it has nothing to do with a clean driver install.  It will crash on a fresh o/s install w/ new drivers.

It does seem to happen more on ASUS boards, and even more specifically the nForce4 chipset..  Its not limited to that, but a good chunk of the people with problems have an asus w/ nf4.

Im hoping i can find a fix somewhere from someone that made their own driver for either the chipset, bios, or card.

Ive heard everything from its an IRQ conflict to voltage starvation on the pci bus to too much data traffic on pci bus, etc.

Some have had luck disabling ACPI, but then they can only run at one core of their cpu.  Some have had luck disabling every option in the bios.

OSS-CAPT-SPEIRS, what motherboard do you use?   Its not so much the card being crap but the card not completely compatible with many motherboards.

I am able to run BF2 in Xfi mode and ultra high, however sometimes it crashes when i hit "join game" and other times i can play for an hour and a half before a crash.

Im debating on a new motherboard.  The nForce4 has gotta be the worst there is from my experience and reading everyones troubles.
I have a Dell XPS Gen 5 with a Planar mobo.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724
do not bump old threads....
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6575
And install the new drivers, they got no more Busted App.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard