Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6666|Brisbane, Australia

After reading through some old reviews of the early pre release battlefield, I am starting to feel gyped, we were promised some more destructable environments, so far, the only thing that I have seen are barrels and that door at the start of karkand. Looking through the screenshots, I saw maps that havent ever seen the light of day, and they were playable too, what the fuck is wrong with EA? Cant they make more maps? Or at least, ask mod teams to send in maps? Check them, then make them ranked??!

FFS!

http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/677/6 … mgs_1.html

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/battlefield-2/530856p1.html
Hayden
+9|6555|Australia
Yeh, some of those maps look pretty sweet like the snow one.
beerface702
+65|6703|las vegas
LAzyiness
CommieChipmunk
+488|6580|Portland, OR, USA
looks like some of those screen shots were taking from a different game modern combat perhaps?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6790|Great Brown North
probabley for booster packs later on.... i doubt we'll ever get FREE maps
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6708
it looks like the snow one was like ripped from some console ss by mistake.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

CommieChipmunk wrote:

looks like some of those screen shots were taking from a different game modern combat perhaps?
Nope, the maps look nothing like it

However, the guys and choppers looked different because it was a snow map, so uniforms and stuff were changed, I guess

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-06-07 00:39:09)

Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6797|Bulgaria
so far there was only 1 free map - Wake... I want more!
Bridges are destroyable, don't fogret!
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6775|Dallas
Where is the dumptruck?  Where are the containers held up by a destructible chain?  Where are these maps?  Where are the lasers for guiding in bombs?

WTF EA!!??
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6637|Britain and Damn proud of it!

Cougar wrote:

Where is the dumptruck?  Where are the containers held up by a destructible chain?  Where are these maps?  Where are the lasers for guiding in bombs?

WTF EA!!??
And i want goddamn destructible buildings if someone fires a tank round into a flimsy gun post made out of corrugated iron it should be OBLITERATED!!

Last edited by =|A mere Shadow|= (2006-06-07 01:07:41)

ElMorte[OwP]
Expert Opportunity Misser
+9|6568|Bikini Bottom Germany
The pictures from that snowy map are from Söldner. Notice that all pics have the BF2 healthbar except the snowy ones.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

Hah, EA or gamespy just got owned for plagarism
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6775|Dallas
I wonder why the place I work at went through all the trouble of putting 300 huge metal poles in the ground all the way around the complex as a tank barrier when they could have used a chainlink fence that works just as well for half the price?
JahManRed
wank
+646|6638|IRELAND

pack of bitches EA. Why don't they rank comunity maps? Simple, then you wouldn't pay for 3, count them 3 new maps every 4 months. They should be beaten with dryed horse shit for this. Look at Valve, still spewing out free content for HL2, we have got squat from EA, not even a map pack which is standard issue to all Multi player games. WANKERS!!!
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6556|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
We then had a chance to see some of the game's vehicles, starting with the destruction of a tank, a dump truck driving around in the tunnels under the construction site, and a battle between a Huey chopper and a soldier armed with a missile launcher. With the first shot, the RPG missed its target, and the chopper swung around to return some machinegun fire. The soldier managed to stay clear to the gunfire, but in the process, the chopper shot down a chain that was holding up a container high above the construction site. After the container came crashing to the ground, the game's producers explained that many of Battlefield 2's maps should have many subtle elements like this, allowing players to come up with creative (and likely humorous) ways of dispatching enemies.
God dammit that sounds cool.. and other stuff like that would give BF2 the edge its missing latly.
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6550|GREAT Britain

JahManRed wrote:

pack of bitches EA. Why don't they rank comunity maps? Simple, then you wouldn't pay for 3, count them 3 new maps every 4 months. They should be beaten with dryed horse shit for this. Look at Valve, still spewing out free content for HL2, we have got squat from EA, not even a map pack which is standard issue to all Multi player games. WANKERS!!!
damn right, every other game gets free content, ive paid 20 dollars for ef and af, yet other games would have given that content for free, i remember on UT 2004 when people asked for more vehicles and maps. they made them a few new vehicles and maps, they didnt charge everyone 10 fucking dollars, and its the same for hl2 and alot of other older games. i feel like a sucka paying for extra content, but they know they have us by the balls and theyre greedy enough to do it
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

Thats why I havent bought SF, EF, or AF and I never will...............

Oh wait, I *might* buy SF, should the price ever drop :'(
JahManRed
wank
+646|6638|IRELAND

It reflects the sad way game development is going. Big software houses that don't need to compete anymore, they can quite happily make all their users pissed off at them, but the same users have no choice as the same big software house will probably out the next big blockbuster. Its kinda like car manufactures. think its like 4-5 companies build 99% of all cars now.
a fly
+105|6655|The netherlands
NOTE: battlefield TV is battle-recorder according to that review, they just left out the rewind part, and the ability to "twist" the camera like when you fly a plane or chopper and put the joystick to the left....

if ea does a shitty job on 2142, they can seriously kiss my ass, not that they care, but i can live without giving them cash....

anyway, if they don't put in the features they promised, ill un-agree with the license (uninstall) and demand my money back! even if it wont work. i DEMAND a working laser on my scar-l and that infantry can mark a target for my gunner
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

Wouldnt it be funny, to blind infantry with the laser designator, then watch them fly sky high as jets rape the shit outta them
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6665|Teesside, UK
Could those images be from the xbox version?

Heres some pics and it has snow maps in there.
http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox/action/batt … index.html

Hope that one day ea gives us the xbox maps for free seeing as they already exist and were probably modeled on pc.
FirePhoenix
+18|6650|hamilton, scotland
in the first link the second image looks like a berlin map to me, even though there wasnt gona be one. AND YEAH THEY SUCKS BALLS FOR DOING A SH1TY JOB.
How many patches ahve we had now? 4 or 5? and the ingame browser still doesnt work properly.
Spookyboy
+5|6660
Hahaha i dunno if u guys noticed, but the pic's on the first page of the dark, dusty city lookin one is a map from bf1942. even the flag points say soviet base, german mitte and whatever.

may be EA were usuin there exsistin maps for testing? and game spy got stoopid?

dunno

more maps would be nice. for the past 2 weeks i've been playin USI, mainly coz of the 9 new maps
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6572
Yeah, most of that stuff is pretty clearly from BF2:MC.  I think GameSpy just assumed it was for the PC version.
oberst_enzian
+234|6753|melb.au

Sarrk wrote:

Thats why I havent bought SF, EF, or AF and I never will...............

Oh wait, I *might* buy SF, should the price ever drop :'(
dunno about bris-vegas, but in melb EB are having a sale on atm and SF is 30% (or something close to that) off - well worth the purchase. SF maps rock.

Man, looking at those screenshots makes me sad... I want snow maps on the pc!

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-06-10 03:39:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard