Cohammer
+61|6547
I was expecting new tanks not new helos and jets? false advertising, come on EA
Viper38
+118|6679
As is noted in the forums ... its called Armoured Fury because the tank bods are gonna get pretty angry with the new attack jets

Last edited by Viper38 (2006-06-06 18:49:43)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6699|Tampa Bay Florida
Well, if you have a coordinated enemy like the one I was just fighting against, you're not going to be going anywhere in an aircraft. 

But you have a point though.
dwerg85
+0|6657
well most of the new aircraft [read the a-10] are anti tank aircraft.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6772

Aircraft have armor too
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6784|Noizyland

It said Armoured Fury. That dosn't mean a focus on Armour, it mean a focus on things that infuriate Armour.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Aardcore
+60|6722|USA, Arizona
Son of a bitch A10's mess me up like I'm no one's business! LOL! Those things are MEAN since their blast radius is inexplicitly chaotic. I've YET to have had a formidable bomber jet fighter on my team so the opposition is really REALLY annoying when I'm in a tank, I get blown up, out to cap a flag, artiller doesn't kill me, A BOMBER JET DOES. UGH LOL
Aardcore
+60|6722|USA, Arizona

Tyferra wrote:

It said Armoured Fury. That dosn't mean a focus on Armour, it mean a focus on things that infuriate Armour.
I'll have to agree here, it's armored fury, you're furious while sitting in armor, that's definitely armored fury, because you know an A10 is out there for your ass, or 5 guys with AT, 1 spec ops and at least 2 engineers running amuck.
jax
+12|6777
hmm sounds like the new planes are pretty good i wouldnt no i havnt played armoured furry
DECEPTION_POINT
Banned
+17|6676|newcastle , N.S.W , Australia
i like pie
LoMaX
+24|6544|Sweden is banned from hell ;)
Hi Guys.

I just must put some + for AF. Midnight Sun is a reaper. As everybody here, we just have played this Addon for 24 hours or so, but workin as sniper was really nice. Try being near the shore in the middle of the map... got some really nice kills there.

Armored Fury.. jepp there are some nice tank battles in the Road Map. Well the if there is a really good bomber, youll get squished, but they are quite slow, and with some luck I had the oppurtunity to get that big bird down with the tank. LOL

My opinion is that it is worth a cinema ticket for this addon, especially compared to the other release on 666 - The Remake of Omen.. that my friends was really a downer. (See the version from 1976 )

See you in the battle.

/Zhaman

Last edited by LoMaX (2006-06-07 01:49:51)

spuddy1981
+10|6371|england
Had some good games on AF.

But had some very pants ones.

One game was spent entirly on AA duty as the enemy had some decent pilots.

Very upset at straw/wire/plants/sticks and any other little thing stoppong tanks.

Good maps.  fun for sneaky snipers (usualy in deguise as a medic)
howler_27
+90|6696
Tactics FTW. 

2 AA, 2 Tanks
Engineers in the AA/ 1 lead - 1 tail  /  Lead scans 180 in front - tail scans 180 twards rear. 
Support in Tanks on left and right flank. 
Engineers repair armor, tanks resupply AA
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6359|Iowa...
it may suck to be a tank,but if you grab a linebacker you'll be in heaven.those things down bombers like no one's business.
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6462

aj0404 wrote:

it may suck to be a tank,but if you grab a linebacker you'll be in heaven.those things down bombers like no one's business.
Depends on who's flying. 

KiL
Volatile
+252|6713|Sextupling in Empire

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

aj0404 wrote:

Depends on who's flying. 

KiL
Yeah, I found out immediately after playing a couple hours of armored fury that the bombers were where the action was at. All one has to do is drop from a high altitude, drop the weaponZ, and then throw flares/climb if there is AA lock. With a little practice one is practically invincible.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6575|England

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

FeedUsYourFetus wrote:

aj0404 wrote:

Depends on who's flying. 

KiL
Yeah, I found out immediately after playing a couple hours of armored fury that the bombers were where the action was at. All one has to do is drop from a high altitude, drop the weaponZ, and then throw flares/climb if there is AA lock. With a little practice one is practically invincible.
I hit 35/2 the other day on RR with that A10. Awesome.
Superglueman
+21|6369|The Great South Land
I played AF/EF for about 2 weeks then gave it away...it sucks...1 or 2 good maps but with the A10 whores and attack helis(in small maps!?)...you repair from an almost instant deathg just to be rebombed by the fag A10 7 seconds later..people said Wake was bad....i played one day, most guys teamkilled to get the A10, then when they didnt get it, they all quit the server...EF sucks balls also...rank stacked as fuck..EU-25players, Chinese-10players...period...fuggen crap.

If u like spawning constantly for a tv missile to the head or a dropping bomb on ur head...play AF/EF

Trust me..better to spend the money on a mcdonalds banquet....or to throw the money down the drain
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6575|England

Well that was one bad server. Ive never come across any Wake faggotry in AF. Ever. And I have 80 hours on it. And I wouldnt exactly call them small maps either.

EF does get teamstacked, yes, but try playing on the better servers. Euro Force Ranked Server is the best one for it. In fact, PLA/MEC win just as much as EU. Good job done by the admins there, namely Packet.

To compare Wake to EF/AF is like comparing Karkand to Daqing.

Last edited by Snake (2007-05-04 05:13:57)

Superglueman
+21|6369|The Great South Land
Alright ...the Wake comparison was unwarranted...apologies..
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.
From what i remember AF was good.

Then when i got a new computer i lost it

Probably not as good now with alot less servers.
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6262|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
Are there any servers running AF and EF maps anymore? theres only one I get and its HBD server pings maxing out on me when I play it.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6575|England

=SF= Armoured Fury (and an EF server too)
Battlefield Gotland

+ others

www.game-monitor.com
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6359|Iowa...
the =SF= server always has +40 people on it,and then there's a few with 20-30.i don't know what people are complaining about,i love the maps,especially Midnight Sun.i'm not a big fan of Road Rage though.too much AA and armor for my Little Bird.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard