Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6764|NRW,Germany
I don´t know if this was asked once before but I somehow think I got my Ground Defense Ribbon by killing people with my Artillery strikes as I was commander an was sitting in a TOW station. I can only remeber killing 3 people with my TOW but 5 are necessary to get it and just after an artillery strike hit the enemy base I was awarded with the Ground Defense Ribbon.

If it really is possible I´m gonna sit in an AA site next time
CBRad929
+1|6774
Are you sure you didnt get two additional "gunner" kills?
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6784|Canberra, Australia
Yep thats right.  If you can survive in a chopper long enough you get your chopper badge, you can get your Kit badges, the only "kill" badges I think you can't get are you Knife and Pistol badges....
DaOarge
+0|6757
I got my Ground Defense Badge today just for sittin in a stationary MG on Wake Island, waiting for the US Troops (they never came btw - didnt get one kill that round) ...

Two Rounds later i got my Basic Medic Combat Badge while playin Commander (proning at the "tower" on the very far right side of the map on Strike at Karkand) ... right after my Artillery hit the enemy base i got the "sound" playin ... was kinda surprised.

That sucks tho - removes even more challange from the game.
Scootering_Scoot
+0|6778
To get your basic ground defence badge you need to spend 5 minutes on it.

Anti-Air you need 10 minutes

https://bf2s.com/player/45960455/awards.jpg
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6764|NRW,Germany
I don´t mean the badge, I mean the ribbon.

I know that I just killed 3 men. One in a boat, one in an APC and one in a tank. The rest of kills was by artillery
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
This has always been the case.  It wasn't something that was added in the latest release...
Dnamaster
+0|6801|Canada
thats how i got it, but i thought that was fixed in teh patch. you dont get kill credit from arty anymore.
TA_Havok
+1|6768|Charlotte NC
hmm ill try it out to confirm.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6764|NRW,Germany
HmmmK. Then there still is a way for me to get the AA-Ribbon as I won´t ever hit a plane for toffee ^^
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
I got more kills and damage against my own planes and choppers than I did against the bad guys on wake island last night because of stray stingers....
TA_Havok
+1|6768|Charlotte NC
holy crap this works.I got my ribbon just sitting in a mounted turret.Thats kinda cheap.Oh well.C'est la vie.Knife and pistol veteran next up...oh yeah explosives ........AGAIN.LOL. quilified 3 times no badge.  

AS for getting the AA badge get into mobile AA and go after infantry and choppers.Sure to get at least 10-15 kills.I got mine on dragon valley with only a few deaths.Its really not too hard with the mobile AA especially against infantry.You should rack up the kills in no time.
Scootering_Scoot
+0|6778
Oh, the Ribbon sorry
But I got all of my combat kit badges killing a a tank

https://bf2s.com/player/45960455/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45960455/awards.jpg

Last edited by Scootering_Scoot (2005-10-17 21:36:26)

IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
Can you get knife and pistol this way?
Hanism
+0|6795
no way
TA_Havok
+1|6768|Charlotte NC
no you actually have to kill someone with a knife and a pistol.the only awards that would work are those that require you to be in a stationary object.I think you can get the armor ribbon but i hate commanders who get into vehicles and just sit there for the whole round.
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6771
i thought you didn't get kills anymore with arty...i thought it was all teamwork points?
McCullough
+7|6829
I thought this it wasent possible to get bagdes and ribbon with arty kills since the arty kills dont show up ingame. YAY finaly people have to earn their badges/robbons legit. Obvously i was wrong. to bad you can get awards this way.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6832|Missoula, MT
I've received a couple of vet badges as Commander with the new patch already.  It still works.  Just not for knife/pistol/defib badges.   

I know there's no badge for defib...
Deedubya
+-2|6792|The Seventh Circle of Hell
So let me get this straight. As of the 1.03 patch, if I'm sitting in a TOW as COMMANDER, and I throw some Arty down, and get 5 kills...3 minutes later (or vice versa, 3 minutes then 5 kills, bleh), I'll get my Ground Defense Ribbon? I would like to know how that works, seeing how you don't get credited kills for Arty anymore.
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
Well obviously you do get credit for the kills, they just don't show up in the stats..
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
They so need a badge for Defib kills.  Should be the "Doctor Death" Badge.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6832|Missoula, MT

Deedubya wrote:

So let me get this straight. As of the 1.03 patch, if I'm sitting in a TOW as COMMANDER, and I throw some Arty down, and get 5 kills...3 minutes later (or vice versa, 3 minutes then 5 kills, bleh), I'll get my Ground Defense Ribbon? I would like to know how that works, seeing how you don't get credited kills for Arty anymore.
That's right. 
Riot.JumPeR
+0|6773
it work before the 1.03 patch came out b/c i got several awards doing this so it does work on the new patch right....

Last edited by Riot.JumPeR (2005-10-18 19:19:55)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard