Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6666|Germany
Hi!Oh boy,I'm soo happy!!

I've got good news for all the German members here:

You can install AF BEFORE the countdown,completely legal without torrent or stuff like that.
It's actually so simple that most wouldn't get it.

Log in into your EA account and change your details from country Germany to United States.
Then log out,open up your EA downloader,log out there and back in and tada: ready for install....

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-06-06 13:44:30)

Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6617
wow good news - thanks

just wish the stupid ea page would load...
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6613|England
Wow. They have personally delayed it for Germany? What arse rapes!!

(And the cheek is its possible to download it by claiming you are from another country)
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6776|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Perhaps to ease the load on their servers. I can't even pull up the EA page.
Stalker-NSDQ
SOUL * REAPER
+24|6524|Germany
Logging into my EA ACCOUNT ? On the EA PAGE ?

I know stupid question but I wanna play it so bad
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6666|Germany

Stalker-NSDQ wrote:

Logging into my EA ACCOUNT ? On the EA PAGE ?

I know stupid question but I wanna play it so bad
Yes,the account you have to make if you wanna buy EF or AF,I registered when I got Euro Forces.
The account you need for the EA downloader,where you change your online nick and stuff like that.

Sorry,but I can't post a link at the moment,the site seems to be overloaded at the moment and I don't wanna post the wrong link.

But once you changed those details it all works,I already played one round online and checked out the maps in a local game.From a sniper's point of view these seem to be the best maps ever,I just hope enough heads pop up with all this heavy machinery around...

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-06-06 14:55:46)

Stalker-NSDQ
SOUL * REAPER
+24|6524|Germany
Could you please post a link ? I went on the EA PAGE but I cannot change anything there. I am pretty dumb today it seems LOL
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6666|Germany

Stalker-NSDQ wrote:

Could you please post a link ? I went on the EA PAGE but I cannot change anything there. I am pretty dumb today it seems LOL
http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … s/home.jsp Ich hoffe der hier funktioniert,da rechts oben unter login dich mit den EA downloader Daten einloggen und deine Ländereinstellungen ändern.

Bitteschön..
Stalker-NSDQ
SOUL * REAPER
+24|6524|Germany
Danke hab's schon selber ausgeknobbelt ) Bin am installieren vielen Dank !!

+1 für dich mein Freund )
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6538

Darth_Fleder wrote:

If you think about it, it doesn't take the load of their servers because you can download it but not install it. Very nice, uh?

Mj.Blindfisch, thanks for the hint i'll immediately give it a try.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6666|Germany
Sure it works... https://f5.putfile.com/6/15618235656.png
Tomorrow I'm gonna play all day and laugh my ass off doing that - instead of waiting until 3 in the morning(which is thursday morning).
metatr0n84
+10|6555|Germany
i also did it some hours ago when i came back from work and in 5 rounds i played i made s small sneak peak video for the germans who dont have it yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQmzhsAPHsw   (youtube should enable this video soon but i wanna go to bed)

sorry didnt had more time for it
NG SKE
+3|6529
Sehr geil ! +1 für Dich
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6744|Hamburg, Germany
My college just set his system clock to 08.06.06.... and it changes from wait xxh to install...
simpler this way i think....
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6666|Germany

Aruba-Prime wrote:

My college just set his system clock to 08.06.06.... and it changes from wait xxh to install...
The system clock trick didn't work,at least not yesterday.
It changed to install but when you clicked the button you got an error message telling you to set your clock.
Then I heard of a torrent,but didn't want to use it (illegal stuff when it comes to copyright,no thanks) ,then I tested it with changing the EA account details and finally it worked.
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6744|Hamburg, Germany

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Aruba-Prime wrote:

The system clock trick didn't work,at least not yesterday.
It changed to install but when you clicked the button you got an error message telling you to set your clock.
Then I heard of a torrent,but didn't want to use it (illegal stuff when it comes to copyright,no thanks) ,then I tested it with changing the EA account details and finally it worked.
Oh shit sorry we can't install here, so we coundn't test the actual install.
ElMorte[OwP]
Expert Opportunity Misser
+9|6527|Bikini Bottom Germany
Yay it works. *g*

+1 from me too.

Anyone checked what happens when you change the country setting back to Germany?

Last edited by ElMorte[OwP] (2006-06-07 07:19:15)

AmbassadorofPain
+34|6627|Devil's Perch

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Dude, most of us downloaded it already - yesterday
We just could not play it - until someone came up with an excellent solution like this one.
Proud member of a dead community.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

does anybody know if they are gonna sell it via standard retailers, like they did with EF ? Or is it just Paypal/CC for AF this time ?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found out that they are going to sell it via amazon and other retailers. Official release is supposed to be the 9th, that's tomorrow.

Donwload code only though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard