timeinfinite
gõt ðæmôñ?
+14|6737
Hey, I d/l AF this morning, went to an exam, came back, installed it and part way throu it kept giving me MD5 errors... I kept clicking try again, then finally clicked cancell, finshed installing, worked fine, then i got a memory.dll error everytime i try to load a game any help?
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6553|Sammamish, WA
I also got the same MD5 error...usually that indicates a problem with one of the files in the installation program. I tried deleting the install cache to re-download it but the EA downloader had a fit about it...I'd like to re-download the files but I don't know how to do it. Stupid downloader...

EDIT: after finishing the install, which it forced me to do, I get errors when I try to play. Definitely corrupt install files on one of their servers. Great, now I probably have to reinstall BF2.

Last edited by JdeFalconr (2006-06-06 07:55:24)

timeinfinite
gõt ðæmôñ?
+14|6737
by fix you mean its not downloadable anymore?
r0oki3
+13|6558
cheats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JdeFalconr
+72|6553|Sammamish, WA
How in the world could this be a result of installing cheats if the newly downloaded files are corrupt?
timeinfinite
gõt ðæmôñ?
+14|6737

r0oki3 wrote:

cheats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
... during the installation it gives an error "MD5 in /download_client.zip" or somthing, nothing to do with cheats.....
JdeFalconr
+72|6553|Sammamish, WA
Yup that's the exact same file that it gave me the error on. Like I said, issues with EA's server-side files. If they didn't download properly to one of us then I'd say it was on our side but if we both have the same issue on the same exact install file then EA FIX YOUR SERVER SIDE FILES BEFORE THIS HAPPENS TO OTHER PEOPLE!
timeinfinite
gõt ðæmôñ?
+14|6737
yea, and i dont know, is it possible to re-download somthing from ea downloader :s wait nm just deleat it from the cashe folder kk i'll do that now then -,-
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6713
HA HA! You have exams!..........

Damnit! I'm supposed to be at one now ARRRGHHHHH!............................

Edit: In reality I was a minute late for my English media exam. It was easy. No harm done)
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6596|England

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

HA HA! You have exams!..........

Damnit! I'm supposed to be at one now ARRRGHHHHH!............................

Edit: In reality I was a minute late for my English media exam. It was easy. No harm done)
Yeh i had that today, wasnt too bad. U get the health food one? Damn that 2nd question was easy!
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6713
Yeah! It was soooooo easy! I also had short course graphics.
timeinfinite
gõt ðæmôñ?
+14|6737
yea i had a geography exam... stupid middleschool cource, easy, but people, back on topic.. MD5's
timeinfinite
gõt ðæmôñ?
+14|6737
meh, its redownloading now, bb in 2 hours with status
=Karma-Kills=
+356|6596|England

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Yeah! It was soooooo easy! I also had short course graphics.
I know, the pretty pictures make us sympathise blah blah blah, hope they dont raise the grade boundaries though.... Short course graphics? Never even heard of the course! Feel sorry for me though, 2 Latin exams tomorrow as well as a biology and a Business Communiations! *cries*

Back on topic...  MD5.... Hm...... Nearly like MI5...?!
=Karma-Kills=
+356|6596|England
Wow all this talk of exams has got me in a surprisingly good mood. +1 for anyone with exams... just leave your name! (post hijacker alert...)
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6713
MD5 sounds like MP5! Hubba. What a (real life) gun......
timeinfinite
gõt ðæmôñ?
+14|6737
lmao sweeeet it almost makes it worth taking exams, to get a karma point! lol and i finally got it to work, redownloaded!
JdeFalconr
+72|6553|Sammamish, WA
How did you go about redownloading it? I tried uninstalling BF2 and then I uninstalled the downloader but it still thought I had AF downloaded and installed. Do I need to ensure I delete the downloader folder as well?
=Karma-Kills=
+356|6596|England

timeinfinite wrote:

lmao sweeeet it almost makes it worth taking exams, to get a karma point! lol and i finally got it to work, redownloaded!
I did give u a karma right? Good news about ur download working. Just wondering, are you MIST as in the 16 man 24/7 Karkand server MIST?
timeinfinite
gõt ðæmôñ?
+14|6737
yea we are, but we have a new 24 man server, but its insanley glitched from the patch im waiting the new hotfix.
timeinfinite
gõt ðæmôñ?
+14|6737

JdeFalconr wrote:

How did you go about redownloading it? I tried uninstalling BF2 and then I uninstalled the downloader but it still thought I had AF downloaded and installed. Do I need to ensure I delete the downloader folder as well?
yes, go to your Electronic Arts -> EA Downloader -> cashe -> deleat the folder that contains AF, uninstall EA downloader, go to the EA downloader site, click on buy now for AF, and since you already paid it will show you a link to download EA Downloader, download it, install it, and it should let you redownload it!
skratch-x
+25|6648|NY, USA
I've had lots of problems with stuff I download from EA downloader... my Euro Force crashes to desktop or reboots my computer or gives me modified content errors.  EA Downloarder ftw!
timeinfinite
gõt ðæmôñ?
+14|6737

skratch-x wrote:

I've had lots of problems with stuff I download from EA downloader...
Yea I agree, its a real glitchy program

skratch-x wrote:

EA Downloarder ftw!
Umm...... what?
r0oki3
+13|6558
he said "EA Downloader ftw!"
timeinfinite
gõt ðæmôñ?
+14|6737
mm i can see that, but along with him dissing it.... it didnt make sense to me

Board footer