It's ok just as it is.4%4% - 14
I don't care.4%4% - 14
It can never be good, EA messed up on this one.7%7% - 23
Make it free, then people might play it.34%34% - 113
Have some maps featured in Europe.25%25% - 85
Total: 327
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

Could Euro Forces have delivered more? Did the European Union disappoint too many people? To be honest, I didn't really feel the European Union was distinctive enough too think playing EU was a totally different experience. First off, Euro Forces should have had more European origins. Yes, we got all those cool EF weapons, two tanks, a copter, and a fighter. But what about a bomber, fast reconnaissance vehicle, transport, APC, and mobile AA? Heck, you could even get down to replacing the mounted M249 guns and stingers if you want a full EU side. But other than that, the EU feels like a half-assed conversion of the Marines. I'm not saying that I don't like the EU (I actually do like them, they just could be so much better), but sometimes it feels like if suddenly the EU side became the USMC, nothing would feel too different. EF was supposed to bring the other side of BF2, the Europeans, into the game, but I'm left without that feeling.

So, we know EA wasn't going to work any harder on making a few new vehicles to replace the DPV, HUMVEE, Linebacker, LAV-25, and so on, but could they have added another map? I think so. I mean honestly, how underplayed is the PLA? It's all about MEC and USMC going at it these days. So what's this crap about the PLA getting a third of the pie in the booster packs? That's not fair, and EA could be delivering more. Great Wall could have been the next Karkand, but no one hardly plays anymore, especially Great Wall. I think it would have been better to have maps accordingly; EU vs. MEC in the Middle East, EU vs. MEC in Europe, and so on with the PLA.

I don't know anymore, I'm just rambling about EF. To be honest, it's probably one of the best things to happen to BF2, but apparently, not many feel that way. I know it could have been so much better, but, I'd like your folk’s opinions. If EA added those vehicles and another map via patch for EF, then man would I be happy! But you know, it would be a wasted effort. Or... it may not! AF is out tomorrow, and it seems like a lot of people are going to get it. If those folks who think AF is cool, why wouldn't they give EF a try? I hear a few servers are going to play AF and EF maps, which is pretty cool if you ask me.

EF community, stay strong
-MIKI3.
+70|6651|The Netherlands
More server could make it better atleast more people playing it..
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

I have 5 EF servers in my favourites - 3 of them are 64man size and they are full pretty much most of the time I check there. Always get good games on them.
In my opinion, EF needs a bit more than mentioned. At the end of the day, this game is about stats. Stats stats and more stats. Thats why karkand is the "be all and end all map" and why its all about MEC and USMC. Also, because the PLA dont appear in any "city maps"...well, other than Great Wall I suppose - but that doesnt count because its part of EF.

If EA wanted to make Euro Force more popular, then theyd have done:

1) EU weapons and vehicles, like Hellogoodsir mentioned above with the Humvee, M249's etc. I mean, the British armoured land rover would have been perfect for the humvees replacement.
Although, since they are supposed to be allied with the USMC like in modern day life, do you ever see the British Army driving American Humvees around Iraq? No. You dont.

2) More medals and ribbons to earn....no guesses as to why. I think the original 250hours for the medal was just insane and for those stats whores - that was a big no no.
Even with it being reduced....theres only 1 to earn since the ribbon seems to be non existant.

3) The maps are "tank maps" - i.e. not infantry maps. Since everyone loves karkand, and a lot of the rest on Sharqi and Mashtuur...who is going to like Smoke and Taraba? They are the same deal. Personally, I think Smoke is one of the best maps in the game. But of course, PLA is underplayed because they have no Infantry maps....same deal with EU. Its sad.

4) I agree about them actually being based in Europe - would be ace to fight around Paris or something (maybe blow up the Eiffel Tower ) - something like that.
Although, I dont mind the one fighting in the desert on Smoke - since I suppose they would be over there in that part of the world securing Bushes Oil.

Although, I actually like it as it is. Its an awesome addon. But sometimes, you do just think "wtf"

+1 for starting this topic...I was gona do something similar!

Last edited by Snake (2006-06-06 00:13:47)

ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6659|The Netherlands
I play very few EF. I just like vanilla bf
But another map would be handy

Last edited by ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE (2006-06-06 00:16:17)

Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

Thanks for the feedback. So in order to satisfy our needs so to speak, would everyone be happier if EA made another EU booster? That's 6 maps featuring the EU, making them feel more like another faction than a small treat to play. Should a patch include some additional content?

I've been tinkering around, and this is some of the equipment the EU could use to make them more complete. This probably won't happen, but it's one of those wishes that you kinda fantasise being true. Oh the European bliss!

Dardo IFV- Italian APC*
VCBI IFV- French APC*
PZA Loara- Polish Mobile AA (like the Tunguska)
Mistral- French AA turret
HK21E- German Mounted LMG
AT4- Swedish Anti-tank Rocket for AT class*
APILAS- Finnish Anti-tank Rocket for AT class*
P8- German Pistol (Sorta like  the MR-444)
Swingfire- British Wire-Guided Ground Defense*
MILAN II- French Wire-Guided Ground Defense*
Mercedes- Benz G-Class- Multinational Fast Transport
VBL- French Heavy Transport

* One or more canidate(s) for selected equipment

In the mean time, I'm going to brainstorm some map ideas in Europe. Oh and thanks for the Karma

Last edited by Hellogoodsir (2006-06-06 22:57:46)

Sheep of War
+40|6650
This should be a multiple selection. There are a few factors IMO. Anyhow, I chose make european maps. Diversity is always key

Last edited by 908741059871059781 (2006-06-06 03:02:37)

Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6851|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Make it free content, that way every server can have it in the rotation...
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

What about those who payed for it though? Oh, I guess we payed to get to play the EU 2 months before everyone else. I'd like it to be free, but some people might get pissed. I think if you put it on a scale, most people will be happier than mad. And hopefully, EA will provide more content about the war with the EU.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6706|U.S
I think they should of made the maps like they said they would with a few more maps like SF with indoor maps. they alo made too big of maps with way to many tanks it would be better as AF.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

Make EF free to get?
Im sorry, but any games company that does that is insane.
Patches to "fix" things and introduce a few new additions, is usually a part of their customer service - as is with EA. Apart from they seem to have misinterpreted the words "fix" and "testing".

EF has new player models and skins, new weapons, new medal, new maps. Its completely new content. Why would they get their design departments to do all this work, and release it for free? Theyd be at a loss since theyd be doing this work for nothing.
Although, I can never understand why they didnt make the addition bigger (more maps, etc) and make it buyable in the shops like they did with SF.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6741|Oslo, Norway
if it was on CD format too people might have played it more...
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6740|St. Andrews / Oslo

WilhelmSissener wrote:

if it was on CD format too people might have played it more...
I second that...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Bidasse_Jason
+5|6750
The tiger HAP and the eurofighter typhoon are hard to handle. I don't like to fly them.
They don't feel as "smooth" as the other aircrafts.

Thus if i want to fly i'd rather play a vanilla Bf2 map instead of Taraba or Smoke screen.

They should change this.
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

Snake wrote:

Make EF free to get?
Im sorry, but any games company that does that is insane.
Patches to "fix" things and introduce a few new additions, is usually a part of their customer service - as is with EA. Apart from they seem to have misinterpreted the words "fix" and "testing".

EF has new player models and skins, new weapons, new medal, new maps. Its completely new content. Why would they get their design departments to do all this work, and release it for free? Theyd be at a loss since theyd be doing this work for nothing.
Although, I can never understand why they didnt make the addition bigger (more maps, etc) and make it buyable in the shops like they did with SF.
I know what you mean, but if EA wanted to encourage people to play a half-ass made booster, then what else should they do? Now, it's true that EA has to make money, and that EA would probably lose money if they made EF and gave it away for free. Something like Wake Island could have been a side project, and then Dice was like "Hey that looks pretty cool, maybe we should include it in the next patch?" But that's that.

And no, the European Army is not a complete one. Infantry wise, yes, but vehicle wise, no! They replaced a jet, a heli, and gave you two tanks. That's it! Everything else is from the Marines, and that doesn't give a strong presentation of feeling completely European. I posted above for potential European replacement to make it more complete. If anyone wants to add, do so!

Putting boosters on a CD? That doesn't sound more convenient than downloading it. It saves EA money and me some too. To package and ship 10 bucks worth of content could easily make it $15 or more. For something this small, it's not logical, in a marketing sense. Now, if EA had three booster packs, then yes it would seem fair. A new faction, 9 new maps, new weapons, new theatre, plenty of new vehicles, and much more! That would seem like an expansion pack to me, just a little smaller than SF.

I like hearing the ideas though. I haven't played EF in about 5 days I think, so I think I'll do so tonight. Oh yea, how much have you peeps played EF? I've played it for 145 hours.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

57hours so far, and 52 of those as EU....and I have 86best round score. I need to up that to 100 to get the friggin medal!

Ive hit 70's and 80's numerous times on Great Wall, even EQUALLED my 86 earlier tonight and got Legion of Merit ribbon in the process....(you dont know how much that pissed me off being so close!)...I just cannot get that fucking 100.
Knowing my luck, ill get 99BRS just to rub it in.

As for EF additions, well, "expanding" on what I posted above somewhere:
1) New AA vehicle
2) New defense weapons (TOW / MG's / Stinger)
3) New APC, FAV's and "Humvee"
4) New maps (at least 2 which are based in EUROPE - including a city map)
5) More awards to earn
6) Maybe an additional plane and heli
7) New transport heli (ever noticed how theres none of them in EF...). The Chinook or Sea King would be perfect (and considering how EA are lazy, they could take the Chinook from BFV)
8) New AT launcher in place of the SRAW
9) Include the Apache from SF
10) An additional jet for Taraba with a bombers seat (a Tornado or something...although thats a little outdated now)

Last edited by Snake (2006-06-07 14:20:36)

FoxSpeirs
+3|6706
WANNA DO SOME CHANGES IN EF??? MAKE IT BLOODY WORK!!!! I've installed and re-installed it but it doesnt work.  Im pretty focin pissed.  Armored Fury works perfect, EF doesnt work at all, it just keeps asking to be re-installed. And yes im using the correct username, already changed it. WRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

Snake, what do you think of these?
Dardo IFV- Italian APC*
VCBI IFV- French APC*

Google them and check em' out.

Oh and AF crashes on me a lot. It has to be the grace of God if I can play for an hour before AF starts acting up and crashes. EF is really stable for me though.
Kratos Aurion
+36|6650|Sweden
Very good topic +1.

It would be great if EA/DICE replaced the USMC TOWs, mounted MGs and vehicles with the real European stuff. It can't take too much time to do that? Very nice if the did it in patch 1.31 or something.
A new map would take longer time to make, but I would like to see a city map in Europe

Last edited by Kratos Aurion (2006-06-15 06:32:31)

Natte
+12|6532|Sweden
I have added some thing

Dardo IFV- Italian APC*
VCBI IFV- French APC*
+
JAS Gripen- Swedish Aviator (1-2 seat plane with a bombing seat)
Sea King- Transport chopper

New maps:
Moscow(Winter,snow)/Paris (City maps)-EU vs PLA (Double assault)
Stockholm (Quite like Sharqi but with some Islands outside the city)-EU vs PLA (PLA attacking, EU defending)
Operation Silence storm (Like Wake)-EU vs MEC (MEC defending, EU attacking)

New voices:
British (Spec ops)
German (Engineer)
Russian (Sniper)
France (Medic)
Swedish (Assault)
Spanish (Support)
Greek (Anti-Tank)

Now we got voices from all of Europe

And also add some more ribbons and badge/medals

Please say what you think about it

Last edited by Natte (2006-06-19 16:06:13)

Chao2
+8|6722|UK(stats says usa by mistake)
Now a PLA/Euro citymap would be an extremley nice addition, I dont care where It's based. Hell make it new york and say the Euros went to help the americans and I'll be happy.
Kratos Aurion
+36|6650|Sweden
Natte: Stockholm would be a great city map, with lot's of small alleys (The old town), many channels and bigger roads (like Road Rage?). A mix of Sharqi and Road Rage maybe.

A really think the ATs should get the AT4 and that EA/DICE should replace the Humvee with the armored Land Rover. I would be happy if they just re-skinned (?) the vehicles, it can't take too long time to do, or?

The big problem is how to get EA/DICEs attention and make them do the changes. And that can be a big problem =/
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6766|Denmark
EF is just fine as it is, the only problems out there is the community..
Kratos Aurion
+36|6650|Sweden

Z-trooper wrote:

I like EF very much.
But it would be even better with some small changes.
Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6640|Germany

Z-trooper wrote:

Natte
+12|6532|Sweden
I have added some things, not so much, only so you know.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard