saluisto
+0|6701
Hi, i´m from Germany and i´m going to stay in Livermore CA for about three month this summer.  I have never been to California before so  can anybody tell me which locations I have to visit  there? I mean this special kind of  locations which you can´t find in every travel guide. Perhaps I have luck and somebody who reads this is from or near Livermore and could tell me something about this location and how much i have to pay per month for renting an  apartment or an equal accommodation.

I would be glad  if i would get some replies from you.

PS: i´m not a native speaker so sorry if  i made some mistakes
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6618|Gold Coast, Australia
umm, go to that place that has good surf, food and girls. Thats where i would go, but i've never been to america so ignore me
saluisto
+0|6701
Yes I think thats the right spot to stay. Any other recommendations?

Come on give me some info's
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

I'm a CA native and I've lived here for 19 years.... but I don't know where Livermore is Nor have I ever heard of it.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2006-06-06 10:17:17)

coreinflames
+12|6637
im from california, stay out of L.A. unless you want to be shot, l.a. beaches are nice,  all the beaches are cool actually,  to hot in palm springs, and you probly get shot there to, unless you are gay rich and retired palm springs is no fun.

i dont know were livermore is, is that northern california?
Erkut.hv
+124|6727|California
You're fekked. You could travel to Santa Cruz, but its about an hour to an hour and a half drive. half-moon bay, etc...

Apartment, depends how many people you havce going with you. You could find a one bedroom for around 800 US and up, depepnding on the neighboorhood.

There's a card club in livermore I got to every weekend, and a girl I used to date lives out there, so I am familiar with the area. PM me if you need specifics as far as local places, etc...

Edited for spelling/grammar.

Last edited by Erkut.hv (2006-06-06 10:20:05)

Boomer1120
Vagine Movie Thread Creator
+105|6735
Closest place for you to go check out would be San Fran.  i am about 330 miles south of you, so not too familiar with that area.  But if you do come down south, there is plenty for you to do that I know of.  Just make sure if they have an In-N-Out burger in San Fran, that you go eat there.
Erkut.hv
+124|6727|California

Boomer1120 wrote:

Closest place for you to go check out would be San Fran.  i am about 330 miles south of you, so not too familiar with that area.  But if you do come down south, there is plenty for you to do that I know of.  Just make sure if they have an In-N-Out burger in San Fran, that you go eat there.
There's an In-N-Out maybe 15 minutes away from livermore, so he's good there.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD
It's not something nobody knows about but you have GOT to go to Los Angelas.  It is awesome there.
Boomer1120
+105|6735

coreinflames wrote:

unless you are gay rich and retired palm springs is no fun.
I will have to disagree with you there.  I lived in Palm Springs for 2 1/2 years and it was never a dull moment.  I ran a nightclub in downtown Palm Springs, Atlas, and it was a great time.  Palm Springs is honestly, the bachelorette party capital of the world.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6590|Seattle

Lake Shasta FTW. Another place that's very cool by there are the Hog Flats Resevoir. It's very scenic. Lots of frogs and lizards and wildlife. I stopped by there on my way to Reno.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Boomer1120
+105|6735

Erkut.hv wrote:

Boomer1120 wrote:

There's an In-N-Out maybe 15 minutes away from livermore, so he's good there.
NICE!!  Definately go there for a bite to eat my friend.  2 double doubles no onions, fries animal style no onions, and a large Dr. Pepper.... shittttttttttttttttttttt
coreinflames
+12|6637

Boomer1120 wrote:

coreinflames wrote:

unless you are gay rich and retired palm springs is no fun.
I will have to disagree with you there.  I lived in Palm Springs for 2 1/2 years and it was never a dull moment.  I ran a nightclub in downtown Palm Springs, Atlas, and it was a great time.  Palm Springs is honestly, the bachelorette party capital of the world.
Hey i remember atlas. thats cool, i grew up in palm springs, i know its a cool town, however i would have much rather lived inside sandiego or oceanside and definatley huntington.
i miss in-n-out so much ARGH!

Last edited by coreinflames (2006-06-06 10:33:20)

coreinflames
+12|6637
in-n-out ahhhhh i want some (cry's)
Boomer1120
+105|6735
You remember Atlas?? Then you must remember me since I was at the front door all night.  The owner got into a lot of trouble and got rid of Atlas.  That building has been vacant for so long now, at least 18 months or more.  I used to play softball at Big League Dreams in Cat City a few nights a week.  THAT is what I really miss

The only thing Palm Springs is missing is a Tommy's Burger....

Saluisto: if you can make it to San Fran for a day, try and catch a Giants baseball game..

here is the schedule: http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/NASA … sp?c_id=sf
howler_27
+90|6679
Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Nor-Cal (Redwood Forrests), Big Sur, Monterey, Fisherman's Warf/China Town,(San Fransisco),  Stay away from Hollywood and the tourist traps. The heart and soul of the state rests in the countryside outisde of the cities.
saluisto
+0|6701
Thx for your replies. Does anybody knows something about the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?  I´m going  to work  there for two month. I heard that the Yosemete Park is an extremly good place for climbing is that true?
saluisto
+0|6701
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6659

saluisto wrote:

Thx for your replies. Does anybody knows something about the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?  I´m going  to work  there for two month. I heard that the Yosemete Park is an extremly good place for climbing is that true?
Who do you work for?  Two subsidiaries for the company I work for do work at LLNL: Bechtel Jacobs and Jacobs Facilities.  Never been there though.

And what kind of "fun" are you looking for?

Last edited by Ilocano (2006-06-06 11:29:59)

saluisto
+0|6701

Ilocano wrote:

saluisto wrote:

Who do you work for?  Two subsidiaries for the company I work for do work at LLNL: Bechtel Jacobs and Jacobs Facilities.  Never been there though.

And what kind of "fun" are you looking for?
I don´t work for a company i go to the LLNL to finish my master in hydrology. After that i hope i have enough time to go on a trip through California so I´m just asking for some nice spots. Some tips from locals.  I would be glad if you have some.
KtotheIMMY
+513|6756
I'm from Northern California, and know where Livermore is. San Francisco is nearby--and is by far my favorite city... stay north of Monterey on the coast, and don't travel down Highway 5 to Southern California. Northern California has it all
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6532|GREAT Britain
check out the winchester mystery house, and paramounts great america, both san jose way just south of you, u probably know about pier 39 in frisco and the ghiradelli, alcatraz is worth a look too, places if ur willing to travel a bit further, are l.a as a few have said, something closer than la to you is lake tahoe its north east of you just over the state border in nevada, but if ur willing to go to la, that place is alot closer. also santa cruz is good as ppl have said, the santa cruz beach boardwalk is a good day out, for night time, u gotta really have a good night out in frisco. oh and steer clear of Oakland!! its near you, aint ever been there, but its on the news all the time with people getting shot and all sorts. hope i was some help
Rakasan
+7|6829|California, USA
Check out

http://www.sfgate.com/

I'm not a fan of Frisco, but stay away from the Castro District!

Last edited by Rakasan (2006-06-07 04:53:38)

saluisto
+0|6701
Alright folks i´m sitting here at my desk studying the map of California and trying to find your recommendations.
Anybody visited the Los Padres National Forest yet ? It looks interesting near the ocean with a lot of camping sides. By the way where´s the best place to surf? And finally a little story from my childhood: I always watched Falcon Crest many years ago. Its a kind of soap about good people, bad people and a lot of vine. I think  it played somewhere near San Francisco but i´m not quiet sure where exactly. Can anybody help?
saluisto
+0|6701

Erkut.hv wrote:

You're fekked. You could travel to Santa Cruz, but its about an hour to an hour and a half drive. half-moon bay, etc...

Apartment, depends how many people you havce going with you. You could find a one bedroom for around 800 US and up, depepnding on the neighboorhood.

There's a card club in livermore I got to every weekend, and a girl I used to date lives out there, so I am familiar with the area. PM me if you need specifics as far as local places, etc...

Edited for spelling/grammar.
Erkut.hv thanks for your help. Perhaps i will sent you a PM if i need more infos.

THX saluisto

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard