=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6548|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
....idea.  EA start running what happens on ranked servers as a kind of progressive 'story'.  Here's how it would work; every month EA would look at the result from every map played on it's ranked servers and release a small (incorporated into the game) patch that changes the map to suit what has happened.  For example, if the USMC won more rounds than the MEC on Karkand in January, in Febuary the USMC would be the defending team and MEC attacking (as it would be deemed they took control of the city and MEC now have to fight for it back).

They could even add small changes to map each time to show the results of the battles that had taken place there.

I just think it would add variation to the game, especially for those who insist on playing for the same team every time....

Note: the alternative (and easier method) would be to, in the next patch, allow admin to assign who is the attacking/defending force.....

Note 2: Another alternative is to have, on servers with more than one round of each map (most), each round defined by what happened in the last. e.g if USMC win the 1st round of Karkand, they are then defending in the 2nd etc

Last edited by =OBS= EstebanRey (2006-06-05 01:45:37)

JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6690|Sweden
good idea for the variation, but i think it will never ever happen.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

Yeah but it would wreck the story a bit... hmm... actually I suppose it could work.

Still, I reckon EA would charge monthly for that and turn BF2 into WoW.

Man I'm such a bitch. Your ideas all suck.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Hayden
+9|6543|Australia
Nice idea, that could work but as the others have said, EA will most likely not do it. Smart thinking mate, I'll give ya a plus one for the effort!
JimKong
+31|6640|Ohio
This is sort of like my contested areas idea.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=14956
[LdB:MaxX]
Noobs: For Dummies
+2|6546
Would be good, if each map is played for 3 rounds, naturally USMC start as attackers, then next play as defenders then back as attackers (doesnt matter who wins what rounds).. Should have been like that from the start

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard