Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6765|Dallas
Hey, we all get new favorite songs every month or so (or every other day for some people), so I was just wondering what your new favorite song is.  Also, if you want, tell us what some of your most recent favorites have been.  If you can, try to give us a link or something so the rest of us can listen to it as well.  IF you wish, elaborate on why you like it or why you like whoever sings it or simply why it is your favorite.

My new favorite song at the moment: Flyleaf--Fully Alive  (At the top of the screen is the player.  Fully Alive plays second on the list but I'm So Sick is pretty good if you wanna sit through it.)

The leader singer in Flyleaf scares the shit out of me.  She's the kind of chick that if you got her in the bedroom she would teach you something that would make you cry the next day because it was that damn awesome.  Listen to I'm So Sick, which is on the same page in the link above (I'm So Sick will load first, then Fully Alive), and you will understand why she scares the shit out of me.  It's the kind of scream you would expect to hear right before you die horribly.

Last favorite song: Deftones--Headup

Headup is the kind of song that just kind of "rolls" and makes me ancy.  I would usually pop this on the Media Player while flying around in J-10 on Wake and just rape the ever loving shit out of people.  It's a very aggressive song, and I like it.

(Note: when you click on the Deftones link you will have to click "Albums" at the bottom and then click "Around The Fur" then "Headup" to listen.  Don't know why but I can't link directly to it.)
Hyper
Banned
+154|6752
anything by the black crowes
i havnt heard a song in quite some time that actually catches my attn tho ( from any band that is)
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6764

Crowd Chant, now that I can play it. I'm the sort of person who gets pretty damn... i hate to say it, but... orgasmic... over good music. And I mean skilled music, not something that sounds nice, but music that takes talent and practice and skill. And this song is just so damned cool, that if i ever attended a Satch concert i'm afraid i'll explode... or at least kill someone from excitement. Maybe jizz myself. No kidding.
devilhammer
+16|6595|San Marcos, Texas
falling away from me - korn
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6582|Melbourne, Australia.
The deepest grey - All the remains
uber73
+188|6753|Brisbane
chimchimminyechimchimmineychimchimcherroo

dick van dyke
JP3
+8|6671|Grammar Land
Falling Snow - Agalloch
http://www.myspace.com/agalloch
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

Rosetta Stoned - Tool
I need around tree fiddy.
JP3
+8|6671|Grammar Land

DonFck wrote:

Rosetta Stoned - Tool
For real?

I can't stand that new Tool record.  It seems so half-assed to me.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6583|MANCHESTERRR
Soldier Side - System of a Down
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6770|Human Meat Shield
KillSwitch Engage

Trivium

"Its a Small World" theme song at Disneyland is stuck in my head for some reason all the time.
JP3
+8|6671|Grammar Land

imdead wrote:

KillSwitch Engage

Trivium

"Its a Small World" theme song at Disneyland is stuck in my head for some reason all the time.
You heard that tune off their new record, This Fire Burns?

It's pretty sick, you should check it out.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

JP3 wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Rosetta Stoned - Tool
For real?

That's what I thought at first too, but in my experience of Tool albums, the first listen is the worst. Opposed to catchy pop-tunes that are "great" from the first listen, Tools pieces become better from each listening time. I thought "Rosetta Stoned" was poo the first time around, now I love it, along with the other tracks of the album. The same thing happened with "Lateralus" in 2001. "Reflection" is a brilliant song, although I didn't think much of it a first, concentrating on "Ticks & Leeches" & "Parabola" at first ("Schism" will of course remain as one of the finest pieces).

After 100+ listens, 10,000 days is gradually becoming a classic in my book.

Be patient..
I need around tree fiddy.
=JoD=Corithus
+30|6559
The Beast, Tech N9ne

Last edited by =JoD=Corithus (2006-06-04 23:55:53)

Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6572|USA

Cougar wrote:

Hey, we all get new favorite songs every month or so (or every other day for some people), so I was just wondering what your new favorite song is.  Also, if you want, tell us what some of your most recent favorites have been.  If you can, try to give us a link or something so the rest of us can listen to it as well.  IF you wish, elaborate on why you like it or why you like whoever sings it or simply why it is your favorite.

My new favorite song at the moment: Flyleaf--Fully Alive  (At the top of the screen is the player.  Fully Alive plays second on the list but I'm So Sick is pretty good if you wanna sit through it.)

The leader singer in Flyleaf scares the shit out of me.  She's the kind of chick that if you got her in the bedroom she would teach you something that would make you cry the next day because it was that damn awesome.  Listen to I'm So Sick, which is on the same page in the link above (I'm So Sick will load first, then Fully Alive), and you will understand why she scares the shit out of me.  It's the kind of scream you would expect to hear right before you die horribly.

Last favorite song: Deftones--Headup

Headup is the kind of song that just kind of "rolls" and makes me ancy.  I would usually pop this on the Media Player while flying around in J-10 on Wake and just rape the ever loving shit out of people.  It's a very aggressive song, and I like it.

(Note: when you click on the Deftones link you will have to click "Albums" at the bottom and then click "Around The Fur" then "Headup" to listen.  Don't know why but I can't link directly to it.)
wow, you've just turned me on to flyleaf. thanks. plus one for that, btw.
JP3
+8|6671|Grammar Land

DonFck wrote:

JP3 wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Rosetta Stoned - Tool
For real?

That's what I thought at first too, but in my experience of Tool albums, the first listen is the worst. Opposed to catchy pop-tunes that are "great" from the first listen, Tools pieces become better from each listening time. I thought "Rosetta Stoned" was poo the first time around, now I love it, along with the other tracks of the album. The same thing happened with "Lateralus" in 2001. "Reflection" is a brilliant song, although I didn't think much of it a first, concentrating on "Ticks & Leeches" & "Parabola" at first ("Schism" will of course remain as one of the finest pieces).

After 100+ listens, 10,000 days is gradually becoming a classic in my book.

Be patient..
I've been giving it time and i'm going to give it more, I've been a Tool fan for a while... I guess I expected more out of this record.  Don't get me wrong, there are tracks I like, and I'm not shitting on Tool as a band; I think they have a really creative perspective, but 10,000 Days compared to Undertow/Aenima is a step down in my opinion.
Pyrri
+7|6624
Running Wild - Bad to the Bone.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6769
Anything by Prussian Blue.

JOKE
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6765|Dallas

Coolbeano wrote:

Crowd Chant, now that I can play it. I'm the sort of person who gets pretty damn... i hate to say it, but... orgasmic... over good music. And I mean skilled music, not something that sounds nice, but music that takes talent and practice and skill. And this song is just so damned cool, that if i ever attended a Satch concert i'm afraid i'll explode... or at least kill someone from excitement. Maybe jizz myself. No kidding.
Satch is the shit.  Period.

I dare to say he is better than Hendrix.
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6558|Oslo, Norway
The Clash - Straight to Hell
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Some of the new Tool record sounds like Keenan took some influence from James Blunt. Not their best record I reckon.
Nice to hear some chicks sing metal Cougar. Ones who arn't with Evernesance, (or however you spell it,) anyway. Bleaugh.

That "Falling Snow" song had some real potential. Shame the singer sounds like someone's evil Grandma. It's an awesome track but with some good lyrics and a good singer it would own. It's one of those songs lthat if I wrote it it would have been awesome.
Kidding.
I liked it when the real singing started. Then comes the Grandma again... damn.

My favourite songs at the moment... fuck I dunno. Honestly in my trademark way it's usually a rotation of Shihad tracks.
So yeah, if you didn't catch them on my NZ Music Month thread, here are a few that sometimes occupy the top spot.

Shihad - Alive
Shihad - My Mind's Sedate, (My forum title, see?)
Shihad - The Metal Song
And a slow one. Why not?
Shihad - Pacifier

I'm so patheticly preditable. Go the 'Had!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
xtrem3_4c3_4
+9|6547
i was only 19 by the herd
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
music is my radar by blur
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6765|Dallas

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

music is my radar by blur
I like Song 2 as well.  It's ninja music.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6764

BN wrote:

Anything by Prussian Blue.

JOKE
omg i almost killed you there.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard