Pinto
+13|6577
Is this truly widespread in Europe or is it confined to isolated incidents?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/200606 … MlJVRPUCUl

Not to say there isn't any here in the US, however I've never heard it to that degree.  Just curious.
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6773
I saw this on ESPN...it sucks, it really does.....
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6707|Sweden
Yeah it happened a few times in spain and italy. It's really sad.
Viper38
+118|6667
I believe Spain is the hotspot for this ... although as Sh1fty notes, it happenes in Italy too.

Its fucking sick when racism rears its ugly head

Last edited by Viper38 (2006-06-04 16:16:02)

Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6600|Philadelphia, PA
I saw something about this on Real Sports with Bryant Gumble. Some black players were playing in Italy or Germany and the crowd was making monkey noises and throwing bananas at them. Very very sad...

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2006-06-04 16:17:42)

That just makes me fucking sick.
Beorn_23_7
Heathenish Foray
+22|6635|Upstate NY
i saw the thing on espn this morning about this but i've known about it for a while. the petty little fines given out over it is what amazes me though. i feel bad for the players but unless FIFA and UEFA actaully start doing something it will never go away. not that i know how to stop the racism, but a little fine here and a little fine there is not the solution.
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6652|United States of America
Is Europe more racist than America????  It sounds like it because if you started making monkey noises and throwing bananas at a black athlete in America the crowd will take you out (even other white people) and quite possibly you could end up dead for doing it.  It is sad that after all these years people could tolerate such behavior without being violently enraged due to the knowledge of what the repercussions of tolerating racism has brought in the past (Hitler, Slavery, Jesse Jackson.......). 

Why can't people just hate people for who they are instead of how they look.
https://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/M/M/jackson_priceless.jpg 
https://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/q/8/hillary_girlsnight.jpg
Rosse_modest
+76|6773|Antwerp, Flanders
Isn't Lazio Roma known for having a considerable racist/fascist fanbase?
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6537|GREAT Britain
yea racism is retarded, all the inbred chavs and beefheads that travel to england games in the past gave us a bad name for that crap, every racist "fan" wants banning from going to games for life, those kind of people are not wanted and are disgraceful
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6589|Scarborough Yorkshire England
Yes it is a problem in Europe. I think there is racism in most Europen countries at football matches, as always it is usually just a few dickheads but it causes loads of grief for that whole country when it happens. Most notibly it is Spain + Italy, but that made the news, Im sure I read about a middlesborough player getting abuse in one of the eastern block countries
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6707|Sweden
I don't think it has ever happended anywhere outside Italy and Spain. I know its sick and wrong, but admit it guys, it's kinda funny when they're throwing bananas and shit on negroes. Comon!
OpsChief
+101|6673|Southern California

Viper38 wrote:

I believe Spain is the hotspot for this ... although as Sh1fty notes, it happenes in Italy too.

Its fucking sick when racism rears its ugly head
lol true but I've always thought racism was more of an ass than a head...
Random-Hero58
+10|6557|TX
I don't know much about it, but I've seen articles over the last few months talking about things like this in like France, Spain and Italy being some big ones. I think one mentioned Britian too.

I am an NFL fan here, been to many games, but can't say I've really seen racism or anything like that here.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard