mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6838|A Small Isle in the Tropics

The one important thing about the flu jab is that it does not necessarily saves you from the virulent ones. What it does is to eliminate other diagnosis, the regular flu. If you are still getting a severe flu despite a flu jab, you would then know you might have potentially caught the biggie. The reports so far has been that there are no single decent anitibiotic that is effective against it, except for Tamiflu which is unproven.
foofdawg
Can I be Friendly Firer?
+1|6758
Yep, Mikeshw is right, tamiflu is unproven to be effective against H5N1, which is the bird flu they are talking about when they mention the big "Pandemic" that might occur. National Public Radio had a questions/answers session last week (i think), here is the link if you want to listen to it. 5 minutes long. After you click the link, just click the "listen" button below the article title. Note that this is mostly relevant to US residents, but does cover broad questions also.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor … Id=4992702
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699
I'm more worried about the Swine Flu then anything else.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

i laff @ the flu. but i got the Health Insurances so i'm good to go. Fuck you Swine flu!
BVC
+325|6696
Clear!
You'll live buddy, now get back to the fight!
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

12/f/taiwan wrote:

I'm more worried about the Swine Flu then anything else.
im sorry to hear your bird is sick
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Please refrain from bumping topics.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard