{XWR}belgarion
+4|6770
hi, I'm a battlefield fan true blue but there are some things that could make this game alot better. My first experiences with on-line gaming came from bf1942 to desert combat and  to nova world's typhoon rising and from that game ea could take a couple of pointers. first, being able to swin underwater would be nice. and second, nile, if any of you are familar with the game and its map editor, "nile". with nile you could drop and paste and had a much better ability to create a map with more user friendly enviroments. I'm constantly getting stuck in the trees in songhue stalemate[can't remember the exact name of map] there is not enough undergrowth to hide in half the time as well. I'm not knocking ea in this respect cause nova world suc## as far as listening to their players and giving support. their latest patch ruined the game and so on.... but they had some nice qualities as I have mentioned. if ea could incorperate some of these it would be the best gaming experience anyone could ever want. I'm not a kid though there is nothing wrong with being one[I was one myself once] I'm 47 years old and belong to a great squad and have lots of fun with my buddies playing bf2, but it could be so much better. I have not even tried to make a map yet with bf2 so I should be not bad mouthing their editor but from the download of the directions I got it does seem dificult. any way I'm just speaking my mind and if it was up to me I would make some basic changes. leaning is a nice feature as is the real roll. anyway thanks for reading this and I hope somebody with some clout reads this and makes some changes to bf2.

thanks
{XWR}belgarion
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6782|Alabama Coast, USA
I believe this is the place to post BF2S.com feature requests (the website), not BF2 feature requests (the game).  I don't believe Chuy can reprogram swimming. ;P
{XWR}belgarion
+4|6770
sorry, after I posted I saw the proper place to post this, why don't you go to bf2 section under improvements and comment on the post I made not  where I posted it. would like your thoughts on this subject

bel

Last edited by {XWR}belgarion (2005-10-16 13:16:16)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6843|Cologne, Germany

thx to Lazarus for pointing that out. thread will be moved to BF2:Improvements.

btw, Typhoon rising sucked with one exception: Those little birds where you could sit on a platform at the side ( like the spec ops in Black Hawk Down ). That was great fun. The rest of the game was shit though.
SteamCore
+0|6777
Swimming underwater: don't think so.

If you are the last person on wake, you bail out of a plane and go underwater.  Even with a limited amount of breath, the only way somoene can get you is in a plane or heli.  Imagine waiting minutes for some ass in the ocean.

-SC
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6845|Bryan/College Station, TX

SteamCore wrote:

Swimming underwater: don't think so.

If you are the last person on wake, you bail out of a plane and go underwater.  Even with a limited amount of breath, the only way somoene can get you is in a plane or heli.  Imagine waiting minutes for some ass in the ocean.

-SC
You can do this anyways. The chances of your ducking underwater to miss a bomb exploding on your or a barrage from their guns would be minute. Besides imagine the knife fights under water. Now that would be nice.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
{XWR}belgarion
+4|6770
typhoon rising was agreat game until they screwed it up with patches, you were never in a squad  or played alot if you think it was a crap game. and the underwater knife fights were great. anyway, just trying to make a point but I guess its in vain!
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6782|Alabama Coast, USA
It's an interesting thought... though I think there's a lot that can be worked on first, hehe.   I'm not sure it really meets the scope of the game... but some sort of "dive" ability, just to get your head off the top of the water (and decrease your visibility) would be nice, rather than a full-fledged 3D swimming experience.  Perhaps rework "crouch" function to work as a "dive" function (and swim a few feet under the surface... just on a different plane), and rework the sprint meter to function as a breath meter in that mode (with Spec Ops, of course, having the longest duration).

I don't think it should save you from any sort of explosive blast, nor even bullets (though it'd make you harder to target, for sure).
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6845|Bryan/College Station, TX

Lazarus Tag'lim wrote:

I don't think it should save you from any sort of explosive blast, nor even bullets (though it'd make you harder to target, for sure).
Most importantly it would lend well to covert ops in which you are swimming across a river or water area and you do not want to be seen by patrols or people on the other bank or near banks. You can then move in a different direction underwater and so confuse those that see you first dive in.  I really do wish you could dive.

The crouch idea is perfect and would make sense, nice and simple.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard