Shennanigans
+5|6620
Both in Vanilla and SF I am experiencing constant lag. it happens every couple of seconds and i suddenly "slide" accross the ground like im on ice. this just started today but has been happening all day. i checked with my isp and there is no problem on there. i am using ping plotter and there is no problem there either. i really dont know what else could be causing this. websites pop up nice and fast, and my download speeds are nice and constant. is this just battlefield? also, when i am on TS, my team mates come through fine until i load up battlefield. then i can barely hear them cause they break up so badly. i also get "there is a problem with your connection" but not every time that it happens

someone please help, i cant play at all. i spawn in and die before i even know what happens.
KungfuBeer
The King of Beers
+31|6739|SoCal
I get some of the same problems....what video card are you using?

I got the problem with your connection several times last night, even as commander (when I was stationary!)

"Welcome to Battlefield" as we always say...
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6718|England. Stoke
I used to get short intermittent periods of lag (couple of seconds) when using teamspeak, but your problem seems a bit more serious than that. I would suggest that it is more likely to be a problem with your internet connection rather than anything else, and that it will probably sort itself out soon...
Shennanigans
+5|6620
well its been two day now.
i am using a gforce 6800 256 meg.
im not sure that this is my internet connection at all, as i am getting great download speeds from many sites, and pingplotter says there arent any problems with my connection. gawd this is frustrating
Ditsch
Need another Monster
+3|6601|Chandler, Arizona
Try defragmenting your hard drive and running virus, spyware, and adware scans.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6760|the middle of nowhere
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6576|NYC / Hamburg

Shennanigans wrote:

well its been two day now.
i am using a gforce 6800 256 meg.
im not sure that this is my internet connection at all, as i am getting great download speeds from many sites, and pingplotter says there arent any problems with my connection. gawd this is frustrating
what are great speeds? what type/speed of connection do you have? When i tried playing on my friends ISDN dial-up i also had some crazy lag problems (though connecting to his neighbors unsecured w-lan did the trick )
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Shennanigans
+5|6620
i figured it out. of all things it was TS that was causing the problem

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard