ashleyhall
+15|6682|Somerset
I love this site and the forums, but one thing that seriously irritates me are the number of sad pathetic losers 'dissing' EA and Dice for their obvious poor work on the patching, but forgetting their excellent work in terms of providing the game in the first place!

Have you not considered for one second that without the abilities of Dice and EA, we would not be on this site right now, the game wouldn't exist, and many of you would literally not have a life.

You have no right to criticise their origins, being based in Canada, nor to attack their skill and abilities - yes they fooked up with the patching, but bear in mind just how many operating systems, system configurations, graphics cards and software package combinations are present throughout the worldwide userbase of this game!!

NO ONE asked you to purchase the game, no one asks you to play it - that is YOUR choice, the fact that patches are available so frequently is rather rare in the IT industry, think yourselves lucky - eitherway your purchase, ownership and playing of the game is VOLUNTARY, and also consider the small sum you infact paid in the first place, £25.00 for me personally...£25 WELL SPENT as far as I'm concerned, patching or no patching.

All I ask is that before attacking EA and Dice, consider the above for just one second, then perhaps continue to post your shitty pathetic immature low IQ-level attack on two incredibly talented companies that have produced potentially a 'game changing' standard looking towards the future.

And for those with very little constructive to say in response to this, don't bother responding, instead reread my post and ask someone to interpret it for you.

Last edited by ashleyhall (2006-06-02 04:08:17)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
There's a new spin on things. I've considered this before - but thought that nobody would listen. Stripes for you - I see my mistake now. I consider it incredibly idiotic that a few teenagers can whine, bitch and moan in every way imaginable when they DON'T have any programming knowledge OR programming background OR have any idea as to the excellent quality of the game as it is.

It's as if people WANT things to be bad - and I'm not talking about constructive criticism. I'm talking about whining.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ashleyhall
+15|6682|Somerset
Viper...my point proven, thankyou - I hope someone is rereading the post to you as we speak...you blatantly do not understand nor hold any level of intelligence.

Agreed Spark, I think its an understanding/logic/social skill problem.

I'll bet most that whine couldn't put together a batch file, interpret one, let alone know what it is...

p.s. For those already providing me with Negative Karma, do you really think I care? Grow up! I have more important things to worry about...oh and a life...

Last edited by ashleyhall (2006-06-02 04:25:06)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6631|Finland

You have some good points there. Although..

If you purchase a product, whether it's a car, computer, chair, stapler or in this case, software, you should expect it to perform to its full extent. If the product is one that is expected to, at some point, need eventual service, or in this case upgrading, you'd expect the upgrade/patch to have increased the performance and functionality of your product.

In this case the 1.3 patch has raised eyebrows regarding the performance and playability of the game. Patching/upgrading have made the functionality of the game worse, although we can be quite positive that this wasn't EA/Dice's intention (That would just be bad marketing).

Yes, it's an excellent game and yes, I'm still playing it. However, it IS understandable that upgrading, bug-fixing etc. have lead to issues with many gamers (consumers of their purchased product), which make it unbearable for them to play a game which they love!

So, out of the consumers perspective, I must say that a hotfix is needed, just for company image's sake.

P.S. Canada, or Sweden...?
I need around tree fiddy.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6618|InGerLand
its a fantastic game which altogether ruined by its few problems. but if we didn't whine and moan about those problems would EA fix them.
Possum61
+9|6748|Philly PA USA
A employee of EA/DICE ?   
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

DonFck wrote:

You have some good points there. Although..

If you purchase a product, whether it's a car, computer, chair, stapler or in this case, software, you should expect it to perform to its full extent. If the product is one that is expected to, at some point, need eventual service, or in this case upgrading, you'd expect the upgrade/patch to have increased the performance and functionality of your product.

In this case the 1.3 patch has raised eyebrows regarding the performance and playability of the game. Patching/upgrading have made the functionality of the game worse, although we can be quite positive that this wasn't EA/Dice's intention (That would just be bad marketing).

Yes, it's an excellent game and yes, I'm still playing it. However, it IS understandable that upgrading, bug-fixing etc. have lead to issues with many gamers (consumers of their purchased product), which make it unbearable for them to play a game which they love!

So, out of the consumers perspective, I must say that a hotfix is needed, just for company image's sake.

P.S. Canada, or Sweden...?
Criticism that is made NOT to INSULT, HARM, or ATTACK others but instead is meant to give SUGGESTIONS as to improvements is known as constructive criticism. This is one of the most important factors of ANY product improvement.

However:

Making petetions against a feature that has not been released
'Boycotting' something for a day because of a patch - which all know will be completely redundant
Making countless threads whose sole purpose is to do the above (insult, harm, attack EA)
Expecting everything to be perfect for YOU with no regard for the problems that presents

is whining.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
novamute.uk
+0|6777|southampton, uk
i get where you're coming from with the post but it's becoming abundantly clear that there has been a pitifully small amount of testing done on the patches, and the game itself before release (otherwise the patches wouldn't have been needed!). playing bf2 shouldn't be treated like some kind of privilidge - we all *paid* for the game. we're not expecting anything for free, just what we paid for. as it stands the game still doesn't feel complete after god knows how many patches. it's only just getting to the point where, if i had been personally involved with it's creation, i wouldn't have been embarressed to release it in the first place - and this is how many months *after* release?

perhaps i just have high standards, but if i pay for something i expect it to work. the constantly crashing servers if nothing else don't meet that standard.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6631|Finland

Spark wrote:

Criticism that is made NOT to INSULT, HARM, or ATTACK others but instead is meant to give SUGGESTIONS as to improvements is known as constructive criticism. This is one of the most important factors of ANY product improvement.

However:

'Boycotting' something for a day because of a patch - which all know will be completely redundant
Making countless threads whose sole purpose is to do the above (insult, harm, attack EA)
Expecting everything to be perfect for YOU with no regard for the problems that presents

is whining.
Hope I didn't whine, there with my previous post..

Last edited by DonFck (2006-06-02 04:36:19)

Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

Viper38 wrote:

ashleyhall wrote:

Viper...my point proven, thankyou - I hope someone is rereading the post to you as we speak...you blatantly do not understand nor hold any level of intelligence.

Agreed Spark, I think its an understanding/logic/social skill problem.

I'll bet most that whine couldn't put together a batch file, interpret one, let alone know what it is...

p.s. For those already providing me with Negative Karma, do you really think I care? Grow up! I have more important things to worry about...oh and a life...
Thank you ... point proven. You know nothing of my educational background nor my reason for writing the above. If you were a regular on this site … who had actually USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION … you would discover this is the 25+ post on these exact lines … thus I feel my ‘yawn’ was extremely apt.

As for me being low on intelligence … I really do think you should retract that statement or apologise … or both … then again your negative Karma comment of ‘wanker’ suggests to me that you have limited … You know what … I won’t. Yawn
IF you used the search properly and read the actual content of the threads you'll see that most threads along this line ARE IN RESPONSE TO THE PETITION, THE BOYCOTT, OR THE WHINERS. NOT along the lines of 'Have you any idea how hard it is to make a game this complex?'
~ Richard Feynman
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6841|Cologne, Germany

I see your point, and I support it, but only to a certain extent. I am certainly not trying to diminish the achievements of EA and Dice as far as the overall game is concerned, the game itself is great.

But as far as the latest patch is concerned, they haven't made such a good job. Even you will have to admit that. How am I supposed to play the game when the server is crashing every 30 minutes, and I cannot even connect 50% of the time because of CTD issues ?

Yeah, I'll admit it, the overall job was awesome. Great game.
But what is it worth if people can't play ?

EA has a reputation for bringing out great games. My hat goes off to them. *chapeau*
Unfortunately, they also have a reputation for screwing up in customer support ( patches included ).

Conclusion ?
As usual, people tend to look at the bad sides of a situation, especially when they feel the results directly.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6631|Finland

novamute.uk wrote:

..it's becoming abundantly clear that there has been a pitifully small amount of testing done on the patches, and the game itself before release (otherwise the patches wouldn't have been needed!).
You must also understand that the game is a quite refined piece of work, which has taken countlessly many manhours to produce, market and distribute. Had it been perfected to work on several OS:s with all GPU:s, with no patches ever needed, this game probably wouldn't even be out yet.. When it did get out, it would be obsolete because of the newer software on the market.
ashleyhall
+15|6682|Somerset
I do agree that consumers are entitled to 'working' and 'featured' products that function to their original concept/spec/promises - with the example of a vehicle, I do agree that it should work as guaranteed/marketed - however a game or infact software of any nature is very different, being that it does not simply 'drive on a road', its not that simple. It must work alongside a number of varying parameters that can make it compatible in some circumstances, hence the bugs.

Its the inane childish mic taking of EA and Dice that frustrates me, generallly by those of low intelligence or lacking the understand required to make such statements in the first place, that being understanding the requirements of such an application, the logistics of hardware components working alongside each other without causing confliction etc.

And for those with very little constructive to say in response to this, don't bother responding, instead reread my post and ask someone to interpret it for you.
Felt the need to reiterate the above chunk of my initial post due to some of the responses above, a few select individuals incapable of reading should perhaps find a forum elsewhere.
http://www.tv.com/teletubbies/show/19613/forums.html

p.s. No I'm not an employee, wish I was! Just an avid supporter/fan of BF2!!

Last edited by ashleyhall (2006-06-02 04:58:23)

ashleyhall
+15|6682|Somerset
Oh and just a thought...considered getting a refund if you're so disatisfied with the product? You're not obligated to play BF2, nor forced!
graag
+7|6676

Spark wrote:

Expecting everything to be perfect for YOU with no regard for the problems that presents is whining.
- I signed the petition before the feature was released because I feared that it will bring the opposite effect than desired. Was I wrong? Don't think so, IMO it's even worse than I feared. Once again, we were only asking that the "feature" would be implemented as an option or server setting.

- Boycotting? Yeah, I'll probably shut the 2 servers I admin down so that others will be able to participate in boycott too (yeah, I'm evil) but I'll also vote with my wallet. No armored furries for me, thanks.

- Whining about the whiners, are we?

- Expecting patch will make things better, not worse is reasonable. I'll leave the gameplay changes apart, but the servers crashing, weird "There is a problem with your connection" 30 seconds interruptions (hmm, ad space?) for all clients connected to the server, server browser mess and so on and on and on doesn't look like making things better.
DaZeD863
+11|6551
I think its a great game.. I mean who can expect perfect realism????  You want that join the army... Wait Ive been in for three years and trust me.... things are a lot more f*ed up in real life.....

Last edited by DaZeD863 (2006-06-02 05:16:28)

Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6701|Australia
But have you considered this... For our money we want a working product. What if the guy who invented TV did a half assed job and it cut out all the time. Would you say hey you should be grateful we have TV at all? I think not
ashleyhall
+15|6682|Somerset
No, its a fair point but its non applicable in this context - TV/Car/etc, they are standalone, they are reliant on nothing other than power supply and aerial signal, the colour of your sofa, brand of carpet, smell of the room etc do not affect the TV/Cars operation.

A game however has MANY parameters, many very minor BUT affect the compatibility. A game or software is not a standalone piece of kit, its a peripheral and so is dependent on many other variables - Kind of like those Universal remote controls, generally I've found them (via the 3/4 I've purchased during my life so far) to be unreliable and sometimes of no use with the devices I want to use - its the same with a piece of software, just consider for a second how different computers are from house to house!!!

Last edited by ashleyhall (2006-06-02 06:20:18)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

If this game was never made, I'd probably be playing CAL-M in CS:S.

EDIT: I'm not CAL-M level right now, I'm saying that if BF2 was never made then I would've been playing CS:S long enough to get good enough to be CAL-M.

Last edited by ExecutionerStyle (2006-06-02 06:27:10)

rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6596|England

Spark wrote:

There's a new spin on things. I've considered this before - but thought that nobody would listen. Stripes for you - I see my mistake now. I consider it incredibly idiotic that a few teenagers can whine, bitch and moan in every way imaginable when they DON'T have any programming knowledge OR programming background OR have any idea as to the excellent quality of the game as it is.

It's as if people WANT things to be bad - and I'm not talking about constructive criticism. I'm talking about whining.
Totally agree with you.
I consider this the best game I've ever bought for its price, £20 in this case. Sure the patches aren't going to cater for everyone's individual idea of the perfect improvement, but who cares. It's not even like they are forcing you to patch, you're more than free to not patch, and just play on the servers still using 1.0 or 1.03 or whatever.
I know people are going to whine and say there are no ranked servers with 1.03 running, but that's the point. The agreement you entered into warned you that content would change in the future if you wanted to play online, so anything they do to the game is considered still the exact same game that you purchased.
Dieselbrad
+3|6547
I agree it WAS an excellent product.... aside from a few annoying bugs.. however, the game WAS  playable!

I agree also that  it takes a lot of work and effort to program and code these profucts and I know how bug fixes can be.. especially when the cause lies within the core of your Engine.. as the Red-Blue bug seems to..

Kudos to EA/Dice..

Now Roll the shit back to a playable level (1.22) and make the ranting and bitching and moaning obselete..
lWar Pigl
+4|6624|South Coast, Massachusetts
I can see the point presented here in this post.  There are too many whiners out there.  Ea/Dice does produce awesome games that hold my interest for a very long time since Battlefield 1942.  My wife would complain constantly because I would play that game whenever I had the time to do so.  If you ask her, she would say that I was almost addicted to the game (I don't beleive so).

But, I feel that in all fairness, even these whiners do have some degree of validity to their complaints.  I have not experienced serious problems with v1.3 but imagine what it's like to not be able to connect to a server to play the game that gives you so many hours of enjoyment.  I beleive that it would be frustrating!

I remember when i first started playing BF1942, patches came not very often.  As a matter of fact, I beleive that there are more patches within the first year of BF2's release compared to that of the first year of BF1942's release!  What does that say about BF2?  My opinion is that it was rushed.  Ea/Dice had such a fantastic series of games under the Battlefield banner that they were probably in a hurry to release a modernized version of the game (BF2).  For example, how much time is there between the date that Bf2 was released and the release date of BF2142??  It appears that the cycle is repeating itself again.  Just wait and see how many fixes/patches will be released within the first year of BF2142's release date!

I am not, nor is it my intention to, flame Ea/Dice in any way.  I just want to point out an observation that there is a difference in the number of patches released in one years time in comparison to BF1942 and BF2.  Please do not say "that was then and this is now" or anything similar.  Most companies and people, in general, improve their practices/methods of work over time.

I hope that EA/Dice can produce many more awesome games such as BF2 in the future but, their support staff really needs to step up and be on par with the programmers of the core games themselves!

Sorry for the long post and thanks for listening.
Milkballs
+16|6559|CT, US
I find the posts whining about the patch just as annoying as the ones telling people to stop whining.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6758|Vienna, Austria

ashleyhall wrote:

I love this site and the forums, but one thing that seriously irritates me are the number of sad pathetic losers 'dissing' EA and Dice for their obvious poor work on the patching, but forgetting their excellent work in terms of providing the game in the first place!

Have you not considered for one second that without the abilities of Dice and EA, we would not be on this site right now, the game wouldn't exist, and many of you would literally not have a life.

You have no right to criticise their origins, being based in Canada, nor to attack their skill and abilities - yes they fooked up with the patching, but bear in mind just how many operating systems, system configurations, graphics cards and software package combinations are present throughout the worldwide userbase of this game!!

NO ONE asked you to purchase the game, no one asks you to play it - that is YOUR choice, the fact that patches are available so frequently is rather rare in the IT industry, think yourselves lucky - eitherway your purchase, ownership and playing of the game is VOLUNTARY, and also consider the small sum you infact paid in the first place, £25.00 for me personally...£25 WELL SPENT as far as I'm concerned, patching or no patching.

All I ask is that before attacking EA and Dice, consider the above for just one second, then perhaps continue to post your shitty pathetic immature low IQ-level attack on two incredibly talented companies that have produced potentially a 'game changing' standard looking towards the future.

Spark wrote:

Ok guys, at the risk of being flamed for this once again, I will try to explain it to you.
Ah yes, and I have more programming skills than at least 90% of this forum (without wanting to show off or being a prick, just in case you want to tell me I have no idea of programming) and I am considered an adult (at least by law ).
So I know a good programmer usually makes about 1 mistake in 1000 lines (and that's a REALLY good programmer), and that's ok. Know why? Testing the software (read: widespread beta tests) will show errors. Of course not every small glitch, but things like 1/2 hourly crashing servers 'n' stuff will probably be detected.
Nonetheless, I paid 50+30+10€ for it.
Those who now think "Yea u stupid n00b kiddy y did u buy the game then????!!1ß!!!??"... think.
I bought the game and addons pre 1.3, and everything worked there. NOONE could know about the 1.3 issues back then.
For the "bear in mind just how many operating systems, system configurations, graphics cards and software package combinations are present throughout the worldwide userbase of this game!!" thing...
DIRECT X. Wtf do you think that whole shitload is for? It's there just for fun... NOT!
Btw all you guys thinking you are soooo mature if you tell the kiddys who "whine" cause they have problems to shut up, I must tell you, it's not mature. You're on a forum, better help them find a solution instead of being a total prick and -1 them. Really. Fine that everything works for you and you can play, but they might not be able to enjoy the game. And they don't force you to read their thready either. Just leave them alone if you don't care.
Thanks

Last edited by Vintageologist (2006-06-02 12:16:14)

comet241
+164|6765|Normal, IL
i find it funny, as already pointed out, that this whole post is dedicated to whining about people who whine too much.... i guess i find irony in life funny. However, i did notice one thing that i'd like to clear up, the fact that ashleyhall said that he/she only paid 25 pounds for the game, and then when i checked the stats, only has 68 hours in the game, for a little over 4000 points.... thats fine, i dont care how many or how few points a person has. the thing im curious is that the little amount of time played and the low price payed..... when did you first buy the game, ashleyhall???? I've had the game since the demo days a year ago and have played way too much for as much crap as i have to do in my meaningless life.

perhaps...... you weren't here for the good ol' days of 1.0..... perhaps in your time played, you haven't been on enough to realize the large number of fuckups ea and dice have made. and not just the original ones, i was fine with the original mess ups, every game has them, we all learn to live with them.... but since 1.0, every patch that ea has come out with to fix something either fails to fix it as promised, or creates a whole new slew of problems worse than the original.

this is what people are bitching about, the fact that they say they are going to fix some minor problems, which we accepted as part of the game anywho, and instead fuck it up even more...... this has been going on for a whole year. EA and Dice need to either actually fix the problems that they say they are going to fix, or just forget it and leave it as it is and stop fucking it up even more. i was happy with 1.0, didn't have a problem with it. as consumers of their product we are allowed to say when we are unhappy, and that is where a lot of the "whiners" are coming from.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard