The Soup Nazi
+18|6796|North Lauderdale, FL
i use a widescreen lcd and have seen numerous threads and posts about configuration for bf2 in widescreen format.  i just recently modified my desktop shortcut to:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200
but the problem i'm having is that the picture seems to be somewhat distorted or stretched.  and it's an odd sort of stretch.  you'd think that if it was going to stretch images, it would stretch horizontally, right?  not in this case.  it stretches vertically.  it's not really a big deal, i guess, but i would prefer to have a wider field of view AND have it in the proper aspect ratio.

so, does anyone else run a widescreen?  and if you do, what are your settings?
Croak
+11|6814|San Marcos, CA
I've been running widescreen since the game came out, 1680x1150 on a 21" LCD.

This might help: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/fo … ;start=150

As far as distortion, the only thing I notice is that my mini-map is a little oval-shaped...everything else has the proper aspect ratio.  My biggest complaint is that the field of view is cut off a hair top and bottom compared to 4:3 mode, but that really has no impact on the game.
The Soup Nazi
ah, thanks.  yeah, my mini map is semi-oval shaped as well as when i'm looking through the scope of my sniper rifle.  like i said, it's not a big deal, but i was just looking if anyone happened to know something i didn't.
SpanktorTheGreat
Bringer of slight pain and mild discomfort.
+1|6823
I have a widescreen lcd also. I talked to someone at EA about this. When you use the hack to get the proper resolution it isn't true widescreen, it's still 4:3 aspect, it's just cropped and zoomed to fit your screen without stretching. So you actually see less screen than you would if you just ran it with the black bars on the sides. I can't believe they didn't have it in this patch, that's just plain stupid.
The Soup Nazi
no kidding.  considering that almost every modern game has the support for widescreen (as well as dual gpu setups like SLI), i find it very odd that EA's flagship FPS doesn't have this feature built in.

also, since BF2 requires an unusual amount of computer horsepower, the people who are most serious about playing are going to fork over the cash for nicer displays.  why not have the support for them?
SpanktorTheGreat
Bringer of slight pain and mild discomfort.
+1|6823

The Soup Nazi wrote:

no kidding.  considering that almost every modern game has the support for widescreen (as well as dual gpu setups like SLI), i find it very odd that EA's flagship FPS doesn't have this feature built in.

also, since BF2 requires an unusual amount of computer horsepower, the people who are most serious about playing are going to fork over the cash for nicer displays.  why not have the support for them?
Tell me about it, that's exactly what I said when I talked back and forth with their support guy, and he actually told me to just do the .exe hack to get the resolution. So I emailed him back and said I know it doesn't make it true widescreen when you do that, and then he said widescreen support would probably be in the next patch. Totaly blew me off.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard