SokViChet
+1|6779
This weekend we were playing rounds in our server when this guy starts tearing everything up with this trick/cheat/macro...  In the course of a second, he jumps, throws C4 far enough to be safe for him to blow, switches to detonator, prones to the ground, and finally blows it all before it even hits the ground.  WTH is this??  He could throw it far enough to be very difficult to kill him.  Unless you could pick him off at range, you were dead due to the speed at which all of the above was executed.  How in the heck is this possible??  He was almost unstoppable on karkand and more than a nuisance on even the larger maps.  No one on the server had ever seen such a thing, but by the end of the first match all of us had been on the wrong end of his tosses. 

So, any ideas.  I have tried to duplicate this (for experimental reasons only... ahem..), but have been unsuccessful.  I need to rebind some keys, I guess.  Was this a cheap trick or a hack?

I cant remember his name... somehting to do with wizzy...

Last edited by SokViChet (2005-10-15 14:27:04)

ENTR0PYMAN
+3|6778|The Void
wizzy wigger?
SokViChet
+1|6779
Yeah, that's him!!!  Have you seen this?  Do you know how this is done??

Last edited by SokViChet (2005-10-15 15:01:21)

McCullough
+7|6829
if it's not a cheat i'm really want to learn how to do this thing.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6839|"Frisco"

i'd be interested in this too
ENTR0PYMAN
+3|6778|The Void
He had tons of c4 kills. He would have gotten a expert badge on the map we were on.
I have a screen with his exact name on my home machine Ill try to post it.

I totally though he threw a grenade at first. MY mistake.
I had a chance to sneak up and watch him from afar. Non stop, jump throw prone detonate.

When he wasnt doing that he was jump prone shooting. with incredible results.
I dont think he had any kind of cheat (unless you consider this binds a cheat) Becasue he would has spotted me.
I would say that he has a very good key bind set up going.
SokViChet
+1|6779
The problem is that it takes a full two seconds just to switch to the detonator, even with a binded button.  Every weapon has a "pull out" delay, and it appears as though he has found a way to circumvent this.  I have been trying and cannot get it to work.  If you figure it out I would love to know.  Oh, yeah, the jump prone shooting was just ridiculous too.

Additionally, the farthest distance that I can throw it injures me fairly badly.  Two throws like this will get you killed, but still he is able to throw it far enough to save himself... 

Id like to know his ID so I can play with him to find out what he is doing.

Last edited by SokViChet (2005-10-15 17:04:44)

07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6837
i've seen long range c4 thrown but they never switched to blow it up that quick, and isnt prone jumping done with binds? if so chances are the c4 trick would be a bind
Col-Khadafi
+0|6788|Your Mom's House
Prone jumping = superman?
ENTR0PYMAN
+3|6778|The Void
are you asking if he is doing the "superman"??
Then yes that would be the same.
This is he is managing to throw c4 good distance and prone and detonating it b4 the time it "should" take.
Col-Khadafi
+0|6788|Your Mom's House
How does doing a superman require a alias / bind? Just press 2 keys
SokViChet
+1|6779
NO.  Prone jumping is not the issue... If it is too complicated to include that part of it, then forget the prone part completely (or superman, whatever).  That was simply a small part of what I saw, and is not an issue.  The issue is how fast he can switch from throwing the c4 to detonating it (even before it hits the freakin ground --> less than a second).  It is not possible using the built-in key bindings (or customized for that matter).  As I said there is a documented "pull out" delay for every weapon, C4 and detonator included.  Whatever he is doing to pull this off circumvents the delay, and I am curious how it is done.  I am not saying it is a "hack" or whatever.  The "Trick or Cheat" title of the thread helps draw the people who watch for these things, that is all (not to mention being appropriate for October...).

So, all I have heard so far is comments about the silly and VERY old subject of prone jumping... and that is not relevant to the question.  No one has yet to answer the question.  How is this trick possible?

Last edited by SokViChet (2005-10-15 23:21:47)

Rakasan
+7|6828|California, USA
I don't think talking about how to find out how to glitch/exploit is wise.  Otherwise, every nooblet will probably do the same thing.

edit: ..without EA/Dice even bothering to find a fix.

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-10-16 01:15:10)

SokViChet
+1|6779
I agree about not spreading info about a glitch/exploit.  I would have to go play Conflict:  Global Terror instead (!!!), lol.  It would probably be more fun if everyone were able to do this...  So we agree this should not be possible?
Guruz
Sir
+20|6829|government yard in trenchtown.
I want his exact nickname!

I wanna drool over his stats.

But ok, this shouldn't be possible.

Btw, doesnt |LAB|Monkeymagic or something use a bind to his what I call "belly-jumping" or is he just... crafty with his fingers?
CyberPitz
+1|6788
There is no cheat for that.  It's easy as pie.  I got my expert/vet explosive ord. badge in one round with it.  You throw the c4, and in a VERY fast motion, right click, then left click.  I mean, split second stopping in between the right/left click.  Trust me, practice.  it's easy.  No cheats.
BoDGie
+0|6838|Australia

CyberPitz wrote:

There is no cheat for that.  It's easy as pie.  I got my expert/vet explosive ord. badge in one round with it.  You throw the c4, and in a VERY fast motion, right click, then left click.  I mean, split second stopping in between the right/left click.  Trust me, practice.  it's easy.  No cheats.
That doesn't work
SteamCore
+0|6767
I'll post a video of the fast c4 detonate later.   It's an old trick from '42 days...

-SC
SokViChet
+1|6779
That would be great, thanks.  I still cant get it to work.
Czarosniq
+0|6779|Poland
He's just pro,Sth I can too switch detonator too,It's not so hoard.
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6759
Somebody check my stats!  Expert Spec Ops Combat AND Expert EOD!  Remember....Thousands of imitators, only one O.G. Spec Ops!!!
Ludic
+0|6759|New York
I'd classify this as an exploit. There's supposed to be a delay when you take out the detonator, and if he's eliminated it with his script, then it's an unfair advantage.
Rakasan
+7|6828|California, USA

WaGoN_aTTacK wrote:

Somebody check my stats!  Expert Spec Ops Combat AND Expert EOD!  Remember....Thousands of imitators, only one O.G. Spec Ops!!!
Been there, done that buddy
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6759

Rakasan wrote:

WaGoN_aTTacK wrote:

Been there, done that buddy
What you mean been there, done that?  You still have the vet EOD, not expert! :S
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6762|Atlanta, GA USA
Sometimes I wish there was a delay!  There are times when I accidentally blow myself up after throwing the last C4.  I guess I hold the button down too long, and it registers as immediately hitting the detonate button!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard