THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6780|AUS, Canberra
why are soccer players such pansies?

never in my life have i seen so many grown men fall over holding their legs when someone runs past them.

and why dont people kick up more of a fuss about this horrible acting during the game and in the media?

is it an unwritten rule in the soccer world that no one can talk about how stupid it looks?

to me its the one thing that makes soccer a laughing stock of the football world. even people that like soccer here think its funny how they act so injured for nothing.

i think soccer is a sport for men who get pedicures.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6748|The Hague, Netherlands

Just want a free kick,other player: red card or yellow. so the play if there leg is gone. looks stupid sometimes.
some player flying because of that air tackle lol.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6760
they do kick up a fuss about it a lot in the UK. If someone is seen to be "diving" in a game, then the media will pick up on it straight away and then the incident will be in the papers.

On famous one of late was Didier Drogba, a Chelsea player. He is known of he "diving" in order to win freekicks, penalties and get other players booked. he was slated for doing it and a lot of people dont like him now. But the thing is most European teams dont seem to mind it these days and think that it is just all part of the modern game. so it is spreading into UK club games.

Gerard did it for England the other night to win a penalty. and they defended it by saying "other teams are going to do it against us so why not us do it to them"
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6608|Cheshire. UK
Its all becoming part of the "Professional Foul" tactics.....which is why Rugby will always be better....closely followed by Aussie rules.....
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6591|Melbourne, Australia.
Never have I seen so many people jump on a bandwagon...here in Australia, people who used to hate soccer and the boringness of it are praising it, just because Australia made it into the world cup.
The aim of soccer is to act so the opposing teams players get sent off, and they only have 9-10 players on the field, that is the only way to win the game.

yawn
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6571|Cheshire, UK
Yes but what you all must realise is that all these players probably earn more money from shampoo, hair or other advertising revenue. So all footballers are now aspiring actors. After all after you have been in one or two Gillette commercials then obviously they are ready for Hollywood. Can't you see that they are really auditioning for that big movie deal that their agent is tabling from some 3rd rate production company which they will be dumb enough to sign too.

Its all about the fame these days and never about the football. In the days of Georgie Best you never saw players going down from such pansie tackles - If a player went down it was normally due to half his leg been left 20ft up the pitch and not just so they can comb their hair.

My 2 pence worth - Enemy Boat Spotted
Rosse_modest
+76|6786|Antwerp, Flanders

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Never have I seen so many people jump on a bandwagon...here in Australia, people who used to hate soccer and the boringness of it are praising it, just because Australia made it into the world cup.
The aim of soccer is to act so the opposing teams players get sent off, and they only have 9-10 players on the field, that is the only way to win the game.

yawn
Nice sig.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6638|IRELAND

football is like this:
22 pansies dance around each other for 90min's some fall and do Oscar performances. Then get paid £35 000 for the pleasure.
I play Hurling which is the fasted field sport in the world, we swing sticks made of ash at each other and have the sort of contact that would make these over paid glorified dancers cry and run to mommy.  Ive seen a guy with his ear hanging off refusing to come of the field. In my 16 years playing this sport, ive seen a guy loose an eye, bones sticking outa legs & so many cuts and broken limbs it aint funny. I have walked out on to the field and put my hand out to shake hands with my markers hand and hes head butted me, thats happened a few times actually, lol. We trash talk each other and often their is fighting. Its a proper mans sport, like rugby, ozzy rules and galliec football.
tip700
+9|6634
i dont understand why football a multi £billion sport doesnt have computer technology involved much like they do in cricket say. They have the Eagle eye cam or whatever is called to check any disputes. In football they could introduce it and just have somebody message a referee to settle whether it was or wasnt a foul, was or wasnt a penaly, was or wasnt offside etc. Then we wouldnt see so much holywood attempts and there wouldnt be any "shocking" referee decisions.
xtrem3_4c3_4
+9|6556
well said lol
Blaskowicz_2
+2|6585
Come on, you guys have no idea what professional football (soccer for all amateurs) is all about.
For a long time the Dutch national team was only made up of amateur players because the Dutch Football Association didn't allow calling on professional players, who were abundant in foreign leagues.
Back then, punching and underhand tactics were common, since profesionalism was far and between.
By the way, diving is more an exception than the rule.

PS hurling-players must be compensating for something... that much violence must stem from some frustration or need to prove something to someone.

PS2 yes the technological advancements are coming, but having all games recorded like that cost the visitor even more dough.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6656
Now now, soccer is a fun sport. Most Americans hate it because they aren't coordinated with their feet.

I play both football and soccer and I gotta say that you are right Heart Attack. Soccer players generally are a bunch of sally's. If you love listening to whiners go play some soccer because you will laugh your ass off occasionally. "ZOMG YOU PUSHED ME A LITTLE BIT YOU BIG MEANIE, YELLOW CARD HIM REF!!"

Anyways, soccer is fun, players are usally pussies, football owns all, lol title of thread.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6666|Brisbane, Australia

the_heart_attack wrote:

*Blah blah blah, talk about soccer fags blah blah*
You've been watching the Fifa havent you?
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6791

in every other sport (american football, hockey, baseball, basketball) athletes go out of their way not to let the other team know that they are hurt.  also, normal people do not react like these guys do when they go down.  if it really hurt then you're not going to roll around like they do.  i personally think it is a disgrace that this practice is accepted in soccer.  even if you love the sport you can't really like this aspect.

great post heart attack

Last edited by superfly_cox (2006-06-02 04:35:21)

mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6731|Sydney, Australia
C'mon THA, only teams from South America and such are diving pansies. I was there at Stadium Australia when Australia beat Uraguay. Australia did none of that stuff. On the other hand... bunch of South American pussies...

the_heart_attack wrote:

never in my life have i seen so many grown men fall over
Ever watched a game of AFL (GayFL?).

Mcminty.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6672|USA
In US Nike is aiming thier add campaigns at soccer now. Im not a huge fan but I'm not going to bash the sport. Just to most of the world THAT is FOOTBALL.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6757|The United Center
its all the italians.

...fucking italians.

totti is a little bitch.
THA
+609|6780|AUS, Canberra

mcminty wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

never in my life have i seen so many grown men fall over
Ever watched a game of AFL (GayFL?).
yeh but....atleast it actually is a full contact sport. not shadow boxing like soccer is.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6578|Oxford

the_heart_attack wrote:

never in my life have i seen so many grown men fall over holding their legs when someone runs past them.

and why dont people kick up more of a fuss about this horrible acting during the game and in the media?

is it an unwritten rule in the soccer world that no one can talk about how stupid it looks?

to me its the one thing that makes soccer a laughing stock of the football world. even people that like soccer here think its funny how they act so injured for nothing.

Lol - just remembered when Iran beat america in the world cup...fucking hilarious
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6683|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

the_heart_attack wrote:

Are you boys still world champions at sheep shearing?
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6755|Houston, TX
I played 18 years worth of soccer, I'm not great, but I've seen my share of "hollywoods".  I do wish that it was less prominent of a tactic.  I'll look at a player with less repect if I see them take the dive, grab a leg, hold on to it, and moan as if it was the only thing holding the leg on.  Pansies....
I've played with pushing, shoving, headbutts, and uppercuts... and that's just in the 50/50's. 

Anyone here have the pic of Vinnie Jones grabbing his opponents john thomas in the middle of a match?  It'd be funny to post that here.

KJ
gomer78
reginald readhead
+3|6569|Berridale NSW Australia
its surprising how many times they do actually get hurt. i think they are all pussy's, they only play soccer because they weren't graced with genes big enough to play rugby!
Brasso
+1,549|6640

come on, don't diss soccer just because that's the way the pros play it.  i don't watch professional soccer, but i do play a lot and i sure do take a lot of hits.  you just keep going.  you are right though, the pros are pansies.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6774|Dallas
When I played High School Football I would sometimes pretend like I got hurt real bad so that when I got up everyone would cheer for me real loud.  That was the only time anyone cheered for me, .

Not really, lol.  Football sucks.
THA
+609|6780|AUS, Canberra
my point was proved correct by the dutch team against aus the other night!!!!!!!

anyone who watched it will know.

our guy got sent off and he hardly even touched the dutchie ( seriously, our guys calf muscle brushed dutchies shin guard ), and dutchie got carried off !!!!!!!

and the other 12 times they went for a  roll around was funny too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard