Doyley
+1|6809|Australia
Well, do you? When you play BF2 online and try and get a specific badge, or medal or anything, it doesn't matter what you do, you can't get it? I do sometimes. Here's an example: For the last four and a half days I have been trying to obtain my Veteran Repair Badge and have come within 2 repair points. Things always go wrong when I try to get it - the connection stuffs up, the round goes too quickly, I get switched to the other team that has no need for repair, a blackout happens, enemy troops block my path and I get mowed down, or artillery rains on my head. Am I the only one who feels that some awards are cursed? Or are there others? It doesn't happen for any other badge, just the Vet Repair Badge. Bugger, ay. I'm not gonna give up either until I get it......one day.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6839|government yard in trenchtown.
I have that, but I miss the Veteran Explosives (but I have Expert First Aid, tsk tsk )

It's easier to get the repair badge on a small server but with asset-blowing spec ops and big maps (= lots o' tickets)
stoneisland
+20|6773|Sweden
No, you are not the only one feeling cursed. In fact, I feel like I´m carrying a really big sign on my back saying shoot me. I feel like everytime I join a server all the other players team up just to make my life miserable (and very short).

Favorite way to die is by arty, own and enemy. I feel magnetic from time to time. Every strike hits me and only me.
Hmm.. More of a complaint perhaps but almost on topic and definately chatter.
Cut Throat
+-1|6787|Gold Coast,Australia
i got 18 kills with my plane, 1 more freakin kill and i got my aviator badge, but the round had to end didnt it
Doyley
+1|6809|Australia
yeah, I know how you all feel, I have noticed about 99% of the time, that the second artillery shell to land always gets me. I hear, feel and see the first one fall, I begin to run out of there but the second one always hits me, not the first, or third, but the second.
McCullough
+7|6839
I know exactly how you feel. Arty always kills me, never the guy next to me. When i'm going to knife someone in back (it's nothing wrong with that) he always turns around and kills me. Any weapon seems to kill me in 1 or 2 shots. I think i'm somekind of "n00b tube magnet" if someone shots a grenade across the map you can be sure it's going to hit me. happend to me twice in Sharqi. It doesent matter where i put my claymore or AT Mine i always get a TK punish. I always get killed by arty, can't remember that i ever survived a arty. and it's always the last shell, you when you think, yay i survived and boom.  When i'm flying whatever it only takes one Stinger to shoot me down. I never manage to kill flying things with the stinger. Theese things always happens when i decided to go for a medal. So yeah i know how you feel.!
Doyley
+1|6809|Australia
With the stinger part, I always seem to hit friendly aircraft, even if they are nowhere to be seen. I once saw a stinger missile go for its target (a stationary helicopter) then turn at a 90 degree angel and blow up someone halfway across the map - and of course I got the TK. Stupid sophisticated technology.
Cut Throat
+-1|6787|Gold Coast,Australia
yeaqh happens to all of us, damn flares
ArkAng37
+1|6845|San Antonio, TX
Yea when I go for a badge, or ribbon for somereason I cant get it on the first try. It ends up taking me like 5 times just to get it. But when im relax I get it that round...or when im pissed and feel like killing something I get it!
divided
Clear!
+3|6773
I'm almost positive that some witch from the days of knights and castles cursed me when I was trying to get expert explosive ordinance.  I had come within 1 kill of getting it, but the round ended..

I felt like throwing my monitor out the window.
v1l2u5
+1|6779
I feel your pain bro... I cant get my knife badge at all..
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6810|Marathon, Florida Keys
Yes i am cursed, 2/3 of my deaths have been from people in tanks and apc's. I hardly ever loose 1v1 infantry combat.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6796|Barrington, RI

divided wrote:

I'm almost positive that some witch from the days of knights and castles cursed me when I was trying to get expert explosive ordinance.  I had come within 1 kill of getting it, but the round ended..

I felt like throwing my monitor out the window.
I know the feeling. I was playing on Karkand and had 6 knife kills, and just as I was about to knife my last victim for my badge the round ended. It's Murphy's law at it's finest.
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6796|Eastern PA
I've been after my Basic Ordnance Badge for at least 3 hours a day, every day, for the past two weeks . . . and I've experienced "all of the above", plus a few evil variations:

Like my own Team Commander dropping arty on CP's that I was already capping (or preparing to defend with a C4 trap) five times - and I was the only "victim" of each strike. He never killed a single enemy unit; but they capped the CP every time.

In that same round, I was prepping a "Hamas Hummer" for an attack when 3 team members jumped into it and took off - directly towards an M1A coming down the main road.  The tank spotted them coming, fired a round that must have detonated my C4; and they each immediately punished me for 3 TK's. Add to that the Spec-Ops that C4'd the opposite side of an LAV at the same time I did, but chose to drop prone so they wouldn't see him instead of running away before I detonated my charges; and the moron that jumped off a wall directly in front of an LAV I was driving - and I was auto-kicked for TK's . . .

At least a half-dozen times that I have had 12 kills, another team member has found a way to parachute / drive / run /swim / fly himself within the blast radius of my 13th kill just before the round ends.

I think they'll need to increase my medication soon.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

I was looking up and wondering why artillery shells get bigger and bigger as they come closer...

...then it hit me.

I always seem to be taken out by the first one. If I survive that, I'll probably survive the rest.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Doyley
+1|6809|Australia
Unlucky T1mbrW0lf, that explosive badge is pretty hard to get. I actually managed to get my vet explosives badge about two weeks ago. I don't know how Murphys Law actually let me get it but it was on Sharqi and the round went for about 45 - 50 mins. I got about 30 C4 kills and made a new favourite victim that day. But this repair badge is giving me the S*^TS! I look up peoples stats and see that they have expert first aid, expert repair, expert everything and think, how the hell did they manage that? At times I have actually punched my monitor in frustration. (Yes, it hurts) But I ain't giving up...
slidero
I know someone who has spent 10+ hours just trying to get expert explosives... so I haven't even attempted it yet.  Expert repair was a pain in the ass to get though, along with expert knife.
96D
+0|6775|Maryland, USA
My curse is that as soon as I jump into a vehicle of any kind, the enemy bombers are alerted and come after me specifically.

I could be on foot an entire round, but as soon as I hop into a FAV or HMMWV, an F-15 or SU-35 flies overhead and blows me away.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6774|NRW,Germany
I gave up trying to get any kind of award on purpose as in the end of a round I miss one kill to get it...

Just today I was flying a Mig for a whole round on Operation Cleanswept and got 14 kills. In the beginning I turned a fully loaded BH into a firework getting me the first 5 kills then I bombed a loaded APC granting me 3 kills more, then I crashed into a mountain while trying to evade an F-15 on my tail. The next turn I dropped my bombs on a boat wich gave me further 4 kills and I got engaged in a dogfight with that F-15 again this time I won and then the curse started it´s work as I started thinking "You only need one more kill to get the Aerial Service Ribbon". The rest of the round I didn´t hit anything and got shot down several times by the F-15 or stingers. I even tried a Kamikaze attack on a sniper firing my guns and droping my bombs but I missed and crashed close to him

About stabbing people for the knife badge I don´t even get close to them before either they notice me or some sniper saves their asses taking me out from the distance...

Armor Ribbon? As soon as I get close to an enemy either a 5 man AT-Team or a helicopter blast my ass till kingdom come.

Air Defense Ribbon? I think there must be some bug or hack or whatever that guides any bomb or rocket in my direction as soon as I enter some kind of AA-Weapon.

Ground Defense Ribbon? I get stabbed or kshot by snipers after killing one enemy and then those mountings are camped by other people or tanks stand right next to them...
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6788|Hanging onto the UAV
On topic: yes, I know your pain. Trying to get my Armored Service on Dragon Valley, I was coming within 2 kills of getting it at least 3 times.

Off topic:

Doyley wrote:

"If it bleeds............we can kill it" - Predator
Sorry to be picky (I'm drunk), but the Predator didn't say that.  It was said about the Predator, by Dutch (I think).
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6783|The Hague, Holland
M203's have a special Sgt.Gh0st-homing missle.
Doyley
+1|6809|Australia
To AnarkyXtra: I know dude, I just put the name of the movie there, but I will change it if it sounds better.
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6781|Alabama Coast, USA

AnarkyXtra wrote:

Doyley wrote:

"If it bleeds............we can kill it" - Predator
Sorry to be picky (I'm drunk), but the Predator didn't say that.  It was said about the Predator, by Dutch (I think).
I took that as a credit to the movie, not a credit to the alien in the movie. ;P
Doyley
+1|6809|Australia
oh, ok, lol. I changed the whole quote anyways
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6844|Bryan/College Station, TX
Everytime I actually think about going for a Knife or Pistol badge, I feel cursed.
Either I'm unlucky and get shot and killed before killing them or else they turn around right before I can get into knife range.

Either way I can't seem to get any decent number of kills in one round with pistol or knife. Regardless of what map I'm on. tsk tsk is all I can say to this unfortunate series of events.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard