dshak
+4|6825
I debated whether this would be a complaint about the M95 or a praise of the M24, in the end I decided to go with the glass is half full. I still like the M95, but only when I'm MEC or China.

If this site is correct the ONLY advantage the M95 has over the M24 is the ability to shoot through glass, and I don't know about you guys but I don't find myself (even with more than 1400 sniper rifle kills) taking out too many choppers or jets with it.

Each weapon takes two torso shots (body armor or no) or one head shot, but the M24 has a much better sight, a vastly superior accuracy over range, and a faster reload action, or so it seems to me. There are some unlocks I've found that are serious upgrades, ala the PKM, L85, or DAO-12... but I gotta say I'll take a good old fashioned bolt action M24 over the M95 any day.

Now, if the M95 were more like the REAL M95... ie if you hit someone in the leg the entire limb is blown off... that'd be a different story.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6799
The M24 ftw!   I would stick with the M24 every time if I could, for me I prefer its range, acccuracy, and uncanny ability to be able to pick nearly anyone off with ease.  It is a stable and hard hitting weapon, and it comparison with the M95, there is little compitition.  While the M95 can shoot through glass, (which I dont usually seem to be doing) you wont hit anywhere near the same place twice, which is odd because it happens to be one of the most accuracte sniper rifles because of its floating barrel.  (well I suppose it has to have some downsides in the game, right?)

Stick with the M24, it wont let you down!
Gabriel
+0|6797
I totally agree. I love my M24! Only time I will use the M95 is when I'm MEC or China, but even now I'm starting to use their default sniper rifles (like the SVD) more the M95 just because I feel like their more accurate. I will use the M95 when MEC or China when I know I'll be in a position to be making medium range shots as I can consistently get one shot kills with it then. Yeah, I love the M24.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6795|The Hague, Holland
Well ive unlocked the M95.. I use it all the time, just because its sounds so bad ass and it Looks bad ass =p.
What can I say?..
LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|6798|Netherlands
I like the m24 much more, i only chose the m95 as an unlock for when i'm mec or chinese
CBRad929
+1|6796
M95 was my first unlock.  I prefer the SVD because I can rip 3 or 4 shots off quickly.  Also works great when they spot you and try to rush you.

Im starting to play with the m24 a lot more, and realize that for medium to short ranges, I prefer the m24.  The only reason I use the m95 is for longball shots or areas where I can cover aircraft.
ZZZargo333
+0|6841
blah. I dont know the m95 isn't all that great only glass i've managed to shoot through is the occasional humvee or vodnik glass even at short range I cant shoot out a helo or airplane pilot when theyre not moving. I can make easy head shots with the m24 but just blah on the m95. as for the svd, its real good for when u need to offer qucik fire support at med ranges for your team m95 is good for scarin ppl tho I dont know but when I hear the boom and get knocked down to 2 bars I panic!
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6795|The Hague, Holland

ZZZargo333 wrote:

m95 is good for scarin ppl tho I dont know but when I hear the boom and get knocked down to 2 bars I panic!
Hahaha, when I got shot by a sniper I start running like a crazed manic.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6783|AUS, Canberra

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Well ive unlocked the M95.. I use it all the time, just because its sounds so bad ass and it Looks bad ass =p.
What can I say?..
i agree, i hooked up two 15 inch subs to my comp just to listen to that gun...
SrA_Shady
Slimshady -- The Real Medic
+0|6777|Sumter, South Carolina
This is interesting.  Dang you sniper boys.. you're gonna cause me to go and leave my medic kit in the garage for a day or so now.. lol
gearpig
+6|6773|SoCal
If American I always take the M24, if I'm MEC or China I take the M95. To me the M24 is quicker and has thinner sight hairs making it easier to see the target far away. But I have yet to be able to blow anything up, or even shoot throw Humvee or helicopter glass (even when sitting still) with the M95.
Proxima
+0|6768
I prefer the feel of the M24 (especially the scope) to that of the M95 by a long way, but I find I'm more successful when I'm using the M95. To be honest, it's been so long since I've used the Chinese or MEC rifles that I've actually forgotten what they're like to use. So I tend to wind up using the 95 a lot.
Kommando
+0|6765|Brisbane Australia
damn m95, i have only once made a kill with that thing, and that was a flick shot when being rushed by a knife wielding maniac.

imho the standard sniper rifles are more accurate, fire faster and have a higher chance of getting a kill than the Barret. huzzah to the SVD and M24!
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6756
I heard someone say this, and I couldn't agree more.  "You unlock the M95 because you can't always be USMC."
I just recently got into sniping, and have been using my M95.  Looks like I'll be experimenting with my M24.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6756|Malaga, EspaƱa
Is thise only happening to me but it seems to me that most clan server do not allow the M95 to be on full power coz yesterday night i had the similar problem coz i shot a AFK dude 3 times in his upper torso . so i thought Holy Shit?!, so i closed down the server and got on a EA official , and yes there i have to shoot 1 or sometimes 2 times to kill the mofo with the M95
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6756
The M24 has a ridiculous bullet drop, or maybe I'm just used to the M95.  No M24 for me, I'm too used to the M95 bullet drop
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6767
I've played almost 40 hours as sniper, but i did not experience bullet drop...
Anyways i also prefer m24.
it is easier to aim with, the m95 has too thick sights.
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6762|Netherlands
never have seen any bullet drop when i was sniping
JesusElSavior
+0|6743
M24 > everything else

I love sniping, but can't seem to hit anything moving (and kill it) with the M95.  I guess I just need MUCH more practice with it.  Nothing is more satisfying than being able to consistently pick off people who are running around, when using the M24.  Even better when they start hopping around, and hit them.

I've only ever killed 2 pilots with the M95 while in air.  The rest are just when I'll camp the aircraft carrier, and shoot them as soon as they enter.
lord_tyler_486
+54|6764|Upper Franconia
I prefer the M95 always [waah please dont kill meh]

I already shot many dudes out of helicopters at planes, at short and long ranges. I already shot Vodnik gunners at a range of more than 200 meters away with that thing, and I never noticed anythink like bullet drop...

Yes the sighting bars are lil bit thick, but thats a minor problem for me. Also, the M95 is only inaccurate if you are not prone. Otherwise you should hit very long range targets if you aim correctly. Without a doubt, the M24 is more accurate, and you are able to kill dudes while crouching or standing also at long ranges, but thats imo the only thing that makes the M24 better sometimes.

And: It's wrong that the SVD/Type 88 is more accurate than the M95. Exactly the same. And after every shot the accuracy drops down on these rifes, so dont shoot like a retard, aim instead.

Last edited by lord_tyler_486 (2005-12-23 11:46:17)

Home
Section.80
+447|6860|Seattle, Washington, USA

1st:M24
2nd:SVD
3rd:M95
4th:That crappy Chinese one (Type 88? Type 98?)

IMHO.
smefeman
+0|6762
DEFINATELY THE m24 is the king of sniper rifles.  the thin crosshairs makes lining up distant targets a breeze and i still manage to get kills while standing up at long ranges (never would happen with m95!)

m95 is OK, but you have to be still or else you cant get a good hit on anyone (headshot)

m24 wins cuz headshot means the target cant run away which always means your kill.  mmmm the m92f also rocks !
xaven
+25|6746|Berlin
the only advantage of the m24 is its thin crosshair. would the m95 have it, it would be the favorite sniper weapon.

Last edited by xaven (2005-12-26 03:35:08)

Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6709|Germany
I prefer the M24,it's the classic sniper rifle and it's the most well balanced sniper rifle in the game,I only use the M95 from time to time because it's not like it should be,the SVD or Type88 are just crappy in terms of range and power but have the semiautomatic fire which is a plus at medium range.

I think the SVD and Type 88 are more suitable for assault-snipers who like to shoot singleshot but don't like to be lonely,so they stick to the rest of the squads,are squadleader because they are a spawnpoint always close to the action and can lay down some nice precise coverfire.

The M95 is not like it is supposed to be,with this thing you would usually prey on light armored vehicles like cars,bulletproof cockpits or fuel drums.I'm not sure about this but I've read that the US Army prohibits M85 and M95 snipers to shoot on foot soldiers,they have to target equipment.
But if you consider a canteen on the belt of a soldier or a soldier carrying an ammo crate equipment and miss a little I guess it's no harm done. ;-)
But what if EA would make the M95 like it is in real life?
Sniperwhoring all over the place,one shot in the big toe and you are dead,it would be like UT instagib.

There was only one moment when the M95 was worth its money:I shot the pilot of a hovering Black Hawk and killed the entire crew with the crash.

If you think of yourself as a classic sniper you stick to the M24.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2005-12-28 14:43:47)

LockerFish
+47|6718
ok I think it was discussed somewhere else on this site that there is no bullet drop at all for small arms fire. I'm starting to think that is true.and the M95 like the person above said is classified as an anti-material rifle(has a nice ring to it, eh?). if you've ever played AA:special forces, then you kon wthat the sniper training includes m24 antipersonnel rounds, and then you can try with the M95. the qualification for that is to seek out and destroy a live mortar round.  Does anyone else think it'd be a cool addition to BF2 if using the M95 you could destroy mines(for sure) and maybe disable stingers/TOW platforms? I think it would be for the mines at least...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard