strikeman67
+5|6630
To all the players that user Xfire, here is an interesting news article I found.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,193 … ideogaming

Hopefully Viacom will only improve on Xfire and not degrade it.
VigilanteGandhi
+1|6573
Wow, $102 million is a lot of money, i wouldn't have known xfire was worth that much.
doxy
+74|6807|Nevis
big brother is watching you, good to know that viacom will know, what i am, when playing, and where of course, besides they got my email, some ports to my computer, and a really nice and easy view on my hdds (except u have changed standard settings, because u are always aware of those fishy programs).
now thats an improvement, connecting my gaming behaivour to economics....
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6591

VigilanteGandhi wrote:

Wow, $102 million is a lot of money, i wouldn't have known xfire was worth that much.
Me neither
niomosy
+26|6707

VigilanteGandhi wrote:

For Viacom, it's not all that much money.  But it does get them a lot of info on gamers so they can sell your email addresses and games played to other companies interested in marketing stuff to you.  Who knows what else they'll do with it.
Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6564|Canada
Once x-fire sells out get ready for the same crap as any other commercial program like it, spy-ware and incessant ads to bug you, probably while you're flying a jet too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard