Username II
+3|6645
I hate these guys. I wish the commander could do some thing about it. Such as, disbanding one man squads, maybe some sort of penalty for refusing to follow orders? I know there's plenty of incompetent commanders out there, the link between the commander and squads is too weak. The commander has no idea what is happening on the ground, etc.

But the commander does have the big picture. Who thinks commanders should be able to disband one man squads?
savking
+37|6599|England
not me, i somtimes work in a one man squad, this way u have direct acses to all the suplys, arti ect. in return i folow orders within reson
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6585
I love that you can set your own orders as a squad leader now... it's very useful when your commander is a complete dumbass
voltage
+46|6852|Sweden
Gotta admit I'm somewhat guilty (I usually say no at once though). When I play with my friends we use the voip to communicate but the SL have no authority whatsoever, any order will happily be ignored and split up the squad. Since it isn't possible to remove orders, once you've accepted one you will have that line on the map for the rest of the round. It's distracting and confusing so I avoid have them there in the first place. I still occasionally try to follow order though as long as my mates are with me.

I think it's better to say no to an order than saying yes and ignoring it. Accepting an order and then not following it is not only worse for the commander, it's bad for the squad member as well. He can only assume that his SL mean what he say, so the squad member will proceed to the target. Many times I've gone to the attack target only to find my SL going somewhere else because he didn't dare to say no to the commander. If the order is declined at once, the commander  can find another squad to do the work. That's also why it's unfair to deny them supplies and UAV, the squad that accepted your order may not have the intention to follow it anyway and it will cost the commander a lot more time to realise that and find another squad for the task.

Last edited by voltage (2006-05-30 06:27:26)

0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6778|Arizona
I'm totally cool with following commander's orders most of the time, but when I'm flying around, or on the far end of the map, and he expects me to repair the arty...sorry, but...find someone closer my friend.  It's not that I am lazy, it's just, that commander can simply drop a crate by the arty to fix, in half the time it would take me to run across the map.  Just my 2 cents. 
Defiance
+438|6683

I only follow orders if it's a good commander. Playing wake a couple days ago, the commander was chatting on VOIP alot, but it was with a purpose. My squad of sniper and medic was turned into the insect removal squad, or the "hey look that one guy is out in the middle of the bay swimming to god knows where. It's unlikely, but he might cap the airfield, go kill him" squad.

So when he ordered me to go the airfield and look up, it's exactly what I did and lo and behold an ejected pilot in a parachute a couple hundred feet up. *free kill*
voltage
+46|6852|Sweden
Seems like some commanders get a thrill of telling you what to do instead of winning the round. Why else would they repeatedly give an attack order on something I'm already attacking, even as I'm hauling the flag? It's as if they want to tell themself it was their idea.
Roadhog_Uk
Artillery Magnet
+9|6558|Plymouth, England
Small squads (1-2 men) do have their place for Plane & Heli as it can help the CO 2 direct them - if yr air assets are 'Lone wolf' then you can't!! I also tend to be in a 1 man squad if Sniper - at least I can be given orders & be a team player!!

I would prefer it if everyone had to be in a squad - even if it was 1 man, after all what most people forget is that this is a TEAM game!!!

& yeah i wish people would say no to orders if they aren't gonna follow them as well......!!
gordon
+5|6560|Switzerland
I think it would be nice when the Commander could change the SL of a Squad.

Mainly in a cases when the SL flies around and ignores the commands so that his SM do not have an order to follow.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6748

Username II wrote:

I hate these guys. I wish the commander could do some thing about it. Such as, disbanding one man squads, maybe some sort of penalty for refusing to follow orders? I know there's plenty of incompetent commanders out there, the link between the commander and squads is too weak. The commander has no idea what is happening on the ground, etc.

But the commander does have the big picture. Who thinks commanders should be able to disband one man squads?
I stumbled upon a Non-ranked server that forced players to fill up squads, now IMHO, that would be a patch 1.4 must have.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6706|Howell, Mi USA

savking wrote:

not me, i somtimes work in a one man squad, this way u have direct acses to all the suplys, arti ect. in return i folow orders within reson
Same here, i like to work alone and have direct access to supplies. if anyone joins my squad ill bark orders but they don't usually listen anyway. If i command i can usually get squads to follow orders. (after 5 or 6 trys)
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
RobinHood
+21|6555|DUBLIN, IRELAND
If ea made it that u got points some how for following orders
It should work i know i would follow orders then
Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6558|Canada
It would be beneficial if the commander could somehow punish or disband squads that don't follow orders.  Because when you have a good commander and 2-3 squads that follow orders - you have a team that totally dominates a map.  Coordinated attacks are almost unstoppable.
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6706|Vancouver BC Canada
I play in a one man squad, especially when flying. Its much better to be on voip with the commander then to be on voip with a squad leader who is on the ground. A 1 man squad is much better then having no squads.
1 man squads should only be disbanded if all other squads have been filled.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6750|The Hague, Netherlands

RobinHood wrote:

If ea made it that u got points some how for following orders
It should work i know i would follow orders then
we got orderwhores !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or something,

but squads that don't follow good orders you can say for 99% that Schwarzenegger is the Squadleader
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
voltage
+46|6852|Sweden
It's generally not a good idea to force/encourage ppl to join squads if they don't have teamwork in mind. There's already too many joining a squad to get a teamwork alibi and then disappear to fly the jet or something. Just look at the squads you get when the can't-create-new-squad bug appears, those are terrible!
If a player can't commit himself to work together with the squad he should stay out.

The SL should have some bonus for being an SL though (but should not get that bonus by filling the squad with score-hungry lonewolfs).

And before you invent ways for the commander to punish squads and lonewolfs, remember that ppl only play for fun. If the game is made fun only for the commander he will find himself having no teammates to do the work.
thedoo2
Eluded Fate
+20|6556|Texas
I agree with volt, 100%.   Sometimes I join a squad, and have no problems following orders.  It is a game though, and some people need to remember that crap.  If it's made where I get punished for lonewolfing it cause I just feel like messing around, then the game is ruined for me.
Johnny Cache
+1|6730|Germany
The problem is that I have to be a SL in order to prevent auto teambalance and stay on the team. I couldn't care less what the commander wants but some numbnuts won't even get the clue if you decline their orders ten times and tell them to STFU.
And those orders! Just the other day I had a commander who told me three times I should engage three MBT at the far end of the map with my mobile AA. How dumb is that!? I was so annoyed by that guy that I even tried to switch teams and kick his ass, but that damn ATB wouldn't let me. ;(
Itchy_nuts
+11|6558
All these sigs of half naked women make my nuts itchy is that good or bad

Last edited by Itchy_nuts (2006-05-30 12:10:04)

Itchy_nuts
+11|6558
dont tell me your nuts never itch when you see naked women and if it doesnt your gay thanx for the neg give me more ill beat bearz in no time and still have time to sleep with your mother and infect your whole family

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard