SharpS
+0|6582
I bought Battlefield 2 last Summer Holiday and was disappointed with its single player support. I know it's mainly a multiplayer game but after the demo the full game's single player was lacking. I play CSS over the internet, but I just can't get on with BF2. Please don't shout at me and call me a noob because I play BF2 single player. I like to be a hero and bots are the only way (Can I just stress that I would pwn your noob at CSS) . For the last 9 or so months BF2 has gathered dust on the shelf, but after patch 1.3 was released all my friends were having hours of endless fun with the bots and I was missing out. After a lengthy download, I installed it and NOTHING HAPPENED. No extra support for single player. All my friends could get it working and although I may be noobish, they came round my house and even they couldn't get it working. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY PC? I have reinstalled BF2 at least 4 times and I am currently downloading 1.22, then I plan to upgrade this to 1.3 in the hope that it'll work. Would this work?
   I know that there is already a topic open about this, but nothing seems to be getting done about it. I really wish 1.3 would work as it would rekindle my love of this game and I may even consider buying BF 2142. Is there a fix or am I destined to be playing 8v8's for ever?

This is really annoying and I feel as if I am missing out on a brilliant single player experience. PLEASE HELP! (And don't be a noob and tell me to go online- I prefer single player BF2. Online experiences have been bad so far. Don't ask.)
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6723|England and damn proud
Get the FULL patch
SharpS
+0|6582
I've tried that already! 4 times! Would the smaller upgrades work? (ie, 1 to 1.22 and 1.22 to 1.3)

The only reason why I signed up to these forums was to find an answer. I hate signing up to things simply because of a glaring fault in a game I bought.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6715|Canberra, AUS
They didn't do anything to single player.

What your friends are doing is playing MULTIPLAYER co-op - which is the new feature. Single player has become super-redundant now.

Don't ask me how to set up co-op servers, I'm not sure how. Look around, you'll probably find something.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Psykotik2912
+9|6670|Manchester, UK
I had the same problem with the patches. Even now, I dont know what the problem was.

It took me about 5-6 attempts with each download to get it all sorted, and that was from a number of different websites. The official EA site I had zero success with, absolute zero. I can only suggest the same: find the patches elsewhere. Also, because of incomplete installs from failed patches, I had to reinstall the entire BF2 game a number of times. I will also suggest you do the same.

On a side note, I'd be careful of the EA downloader too. I bought Euroforce and installed it from there (with numerous failures of course) and yet the game doesnt appear to realise its installed now. Is it possible to uninstall Euroforce and try again, or am I stuck without it?
SharpS
+0|6582
I've been downloading them from xfire. It installed successfully, but nothing changes in game. In the community menu I have to activate it, so I click activate and I have to restart BF2, so it does that and NOTHING HAPPENS and I have to activate it so I have to reset it again and again and again and nothing happens and I feel like eating my face
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6623|England
In the top right hand corner what version does it say you are running?

As another poster said they haven't done anything to the single player side of it, they just added a co-op mode.

To set up a co-op go to multi player>create local>then in the game type drop down box select co-op.

You can then choose different settings for the bot difficulty, bot ratios etc. You can play it on your own or with friends over ip.

Hope this helps!
Dieselbrad
+3|6587
Assuming the version is successfully updated..

@ _The.Don_05 Just elaborating not stealing thunder :-)

click-> Multiplayer -> Create Local -> Selct Gametype as CoOP ( yeah after a year a new gamemode!)

Choose your options:
BotRatio: Ratio of Bots on Team1 (100 - BotRatio is % on Team 2)
BotCount: # of Bots (Total Bots on all Teams)
BotDifficulty: 1-100.. 1 is for mentally retarded.. 100 is worse then playing hackers with AimBot.. go with around 80 for a fun gameplay experience.

I usually play me and a friend against 15 bots at 75 Difficulty.. Good practice.. :-)

Add your maps to the playlist.. & Start Server!

Now your friend can join in from your local LAN via the BF2 GUI Or from outside your network by connecting to your EXT IP address of your modem, assuming your have forwarded port 16567 to your internal IP address (usually 192.168.0.2 if you don't know what I'm talking about), if you have a firewall or router.

If you don't have any of these options, then I'll STFU and let the others get you up to version!

Hope this Helps!

Last edited by Dieselbrad (2006-05-30 11:07:36)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard