duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6841|Cheshire, UK
I'm in 2 minds about this whole boycott thing but we at the DMZ have gotten more than a little annoyed by the poor patching and this latest is the worst.

Personally I quite like the new squad lead setup but from a clan match point of view it's way too late in the day to be doing what should have been there from the start.
The vehicle drops are fun and make do noticeable difference to play IMO.

What is annoying though is the massive increase in server instability. We host 7 BF2 servers (the ones in bold) and they are all much less stable since 1.30.

So what are we going to do about it?
Our servers are almost all running on dedicated boxes so we can put whatever we like on there and so we're planning to host a selection of other games for the weekend, see how the other half live.
We don't plan on giving up BF2, I still think it's the best game out there but rather than just shut our servers so people can play on someone else's for a couple of days we have decided to try and attract a few BF2 players who have another game disc knocking about.

We are getting new games loaded onto the servers now but still have time to take requests. What would you like to see us host?

It may end up being a load of BF2 devotees bitching about how lame other games are for a weekend but at least we can stop bitching about patch 1.30 for a while. I'd quite like to see some familiar BF2 faces on different fields of battle.

So, to return to the subject heading - what should 'this' be?
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6693|Devon, England
MOHAA all the way!

i played it so much before bf2, my key settings are set up based on MOHAA's default keys...

Last edited by FFLink13 (2006-05-29 15:40:41)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6766|Dallas
How about BF1942 or Desert Combat?  Perhaps even a Forgotten Hope server?
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6697|Mountains of West Virginia
Maybe a little for us CSS guys? or HL deathmatch.

Last edited by Snipedya14 (2006-05-29 15:44:12)

Richard2000
Banned
+39|6547|England
how about star wars
Slink
+17|6699
HL2DM Co-Op.  Or 1942.
Daysniper
+42|6637
Americas Army. Its free, and any cheaters are sent to gitmo !
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6771|Human Meat Shield
Pong
[R]age^B-HeKtiC^
You like that, biatch!?
+25|6806|Uk
"Pong" lmao
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6707|Central Valley,California
Hmm, Call of Duty anyone?
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6776|Nova Scotia, Canada

Fuzzball_the_Shooter wrote:

Hmm, Call of Duty anyone?
Yes!
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6697|UK
BF2 and stop moaning maybe?
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6841|Cheshire, UK

While giving me -1, some genius wrote:

And by playing BF2 with you guys is another way of Boycotting BF2? Nice logic
Maybe I wasn't very clear.

We will be playing games OTHER than BF2 that weekend.

This is an invitation to those who wish to give BF2 a miss this weekend & also a chance for people to say what games they would like us to run on our servers.

Samtheman53 wrote:

BF2 and stop moaning maybe?
We're a BF2 community with 6 servers running BF2 every day. I think we do our bit to support the game. I also feel that a brief moan that the a fix patch has made the game more unstable is not extreme.
Either way, I have no problem with people who wish to ignore the proposed boycott but as a gaming community it might be nice to play something else for a couple of days. Don't come if you don't want to.

Last edited by duffry (2006-05-30 03:59:15)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6677|Canberra, AUS
I don't understand how this will work from my perspective. I'll just go play on a different server.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6657|Brisbane, Australia

Dont boycott the game, boycott AF, EF and SF [NooO! Not SF!!111oneoneone!!]

Play mods for BF2! Lets all go play mods!!
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6841|Cheshire, UK

Spark wrote:

I don't understand how this will work from my perspective. I'll just go play on a different server.
Do you mean the boycott or the DMZ servers hosting other games?

The boycott isnt really a 'work' or 'not work' thing. It's a statement of opinion. If you choose not to support the statement that's your opinion.

As for our servers, come play if you like, don't if you don't.
Nintendogamer
+72|6589|Chelmsford, UK
how about we leave the geeks to boycott it because they obviuosly love the game to death and hate to see tiny little errors that sometimes affect people. and anyway i have a social life and don't always play  BF 2
uber73
+188|6754|Brisbane
bf2, USMC vrs China... engineer only (SHOTGUN paradise!!)
The ODM
+4|6782|Holland
Sounds like a good idea to me. If you really want me to come over, host a DC final Lostvillage server, ticket ratio 500 or more. That map is just the best:)
docnutz
+39|6761|B O S T ON area
COD 2   !!!!!

Since BF2 i haven't touched it!!!   It's collectin dust!

Last edited by docnutz (2006-05-30 07:53:29)

bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland
Css?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard