H.O.O.K.F.I.N.
+0|6555
Hi all,

thanks in advance for any help, here's my deal...

recently bought a new computer, major upgrade in every area. Reinstalled all BF, SF, and patches. Used my EA dowloader to install Euroforce, however, instal apparently failed. Even though it went through the whole process there are no Euroforce files anywhere in any of my directories and if I try to play a Euro map it says "must have Euroforces installed to play this map."

I know I know, just reinstall it right? Problem is I can't. On the EA downloader it says "ready to play" and doesn't give me any other options to reinstall, and i can't "delete" it and reinstall, because its not there to delete in the first place.

I'll be the karma santa claus if anyone can solve this riddle for me.

- the H.O.O.K.F.I.N.
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6572
mmmm...is there an option on the site to re-download?if there is then do it(EAD i mean) then that may overwrite the old files but still keep your profile with purchased games etc. then jusr re-download EF! try and see if you can do that! if not then tell me.

GL Andy
yuck7777
+12|6786|USA
What internet service do you have?
H.O.O.K.F.I.N.
+0|6555
nope... no option to "redownload," if its there it is unbelievably well hidden. My internet service is DSL through qwest (Im in MN)... not sure how that effects it, haven't had issues downloading other things.

Very frustrating... basically telling me I installed it (ala the 'ready to play') yet, it didn't instal it. I've also scoured my various drives, and no, it didn't mistakenly install in the wrong place.
yuck7777
+12|6786|USA
I had a problem with earthlink. there tool bar was messing up my downloads from the ea downloader for some reason. I had to uninstall earthlink and use microsoft explorer. Then it worked just fine. Don't know anything about qwest.
H.O.O.K.F.I.N.
+0|6555
no progress, just thought I'd update and also get my post somewhere back on the list where it may be views. Yuck, thats an odd problem, but I don't think its in play here, because I also got SF and all the patches through the downloader with no difficulty. Man this is odd. My first EA tech issue, but alas, I'm from the "shit happens" school as opposed to the "I HATE EA THEY RUINED MY LIFE BECAUSE A GAME THEY MADE HAS A BUG" camp.
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6644|Derby, England

H.O.O.K.F.I.N. wrote:

Hi all,

recently bought a new computer, major upgrade in every area. Reinstalled all BF, SF, and patches. Used my EA dowloader to install Euroforce, however, instal apparently failed. Even though it went through the whole process there are no Euroforce files anywhere in any of my directories and if I try to play a Euro map it says "must have Euroforces installed to play this map."

I know I know, just reinstall it right? Problem is I can't. On the EA downloader it says "ready to play" and doesn't give me any other options to reinstall, and i can't "delete" it and reinstall, because its not there to delete in the first place.

- the H.O.O.K.F.I.N.
Problem - It stays i have not brought Euro Forces, but i have!
Cause - Need to Assign Euro Forces to Your account.
Fix - Detailed Diagrams Here http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … aqid=11636
You need to open EA Downloader, click on Euro Forces, then Click on Change gamespy Nickname. In The following screen that appears, enter in the name your Battlefield 2 Account which you would like to play Euro Forces on. There is a limit to the number of times you can change the account Euro Forces is assigned to per week.

If on WIN2K and hence the downloader does not work try this

http://www.pogo.com/hotdeploy/eago/eaco … round.html

Click on the link that says 'Edit GameSpy Nickname', log in with your EA.COM account that you used to buy EF and change the BF2 login to whatever you like.

Peace Boris

Last edited by badhq (2006-05-31 10:01:12)

tupla_s
+455|6604|Finland
Delete the cache folder located here

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader

Then u might be able to reinstal it...
You need to download it again though

Last edited by tupla_s (2006-06-09 00:13:06)

MarkPuppets
+16|6705|from my PC

badhq wrote:

H.O.O.K.F.I.N. wrote:

Hi all,

- the H.O.O.K.F.I.N.
Problem - It stays i have not brought Euro Forces, but i have!
Cause - Need to Assign Euro Forces to Your account.
Fix - Detailed Diagrams Here http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … aqid=11636
You need to open EA Downloader, click on Euro Forces, then Click on Change gamespy Nickname. In The following screen that appears, enter in the name your Battlefield 2 Account which you would like to play Euro Forces on. There is a limit to the number of times you can change the account Euro Forces is assigned to per week.

If on WIN2K and hence the downloader does not work try this

http://www.pogo.com/hotdeploy/eago/eaco … round.html

Click on the link that says 'Edit GameSpy Nickname', log in with your EA.COM account that you used to buy EF and change the BF2 login to whatever you like.

Peace Boris
I have the same problem and EF doesn't work. I tired all of your suggestions but it says to purchase again. My EF worked 2 times only so far but never tried multiplayer. From single player experience, I think it's garbage.
xixspyder
AnthraX
+25|6585
well I recently had to do this with AF.

1.What I did was open up the downloader.
2.log in
3. exit without logging out
4.went to control pannel
5.add/remove programs
6.deleted ea downloader.
7. reinstalled ea downloader
8. problem fixed.

All my games that I've bought were there and ready to download. It will give u a warning saying that u might not be able to play the games you bought, but that is a very small risk to take. It worked for me

You will have to download af/ef what ever u bought and reinstal it again but hey that's the least of my worries now.

Trust me it works.

Last edited by xixspyder (2006-06-09 00:05:31)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard