WiBu
+14|6648
The server I regular on, WTE 64 player, has been suffering regular crashes the past 2 days and is currently empty as today it practically crashes every 20 minutes. No biggy, I'll try another server. The server I tried, 50 player 50Klicks, crashed after about 1 1/2 rounds of play. Ok, must just be unlucky, so I try another server. THis time it was an i3d.nl server, the server crashed within 10 tickets of the round starting.

Is it just me or are servers crashing on a regular basis making playing bf2 online a crappy experience? Is it just a Multiplay/i3d.nl thing?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a stable server which has a good ping from the UK?

Last edited by WiBu (2006-05-28 11:15:09)

Slashed06
+44|6549
Aye they are. Me n my clan members today went on ours and it crashed. I personally thought it was just our server. We all go on WTE like you wibu and it crashed. Then back to ours done it. Then to some server called ASBO done it again.
Have you noticed aswell that you cant really see the IP of the server in game any more.
*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6621|The Netherlands
our server crashes about 2 times a day .... its a i3d server ....
WiBu
+14|6648

Slashed06 wrote:

Aye they are. Me n my clan members today went on ours and it crashed. I personally thought it was just our server. We all go on WTE like you wibu and it crashed. Then back to ours done it. Then to some server called ASBO done it again.
Have you noticed aswell that you cant really see the IP of the server in game any more.
Glad to see its not just me . And I haven't checked the IP but if/when I go back onto BF2 I'll be sure to check.
MacMarine
+1|6597
http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … ate_052506

this happened after the restart that EA wanted server owners to do before that many guys did not get there rank and unlocks when you check the top ranking servers on game-monitor servers that usually is full all time
you understand that something is relay wrong

there you can see that they go down relay often

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php? … rder=grank

and when you then see

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php? … 2878-710.0

that EA US only got 7 servers 1.3

and 171 servers 1.22

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php? … 2878-710.0

what can i say we the server owners that has put in 1.3 is fools or ?????

Last edited by MacMarine (2006-05-28 13:01:48)

=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn
Forklift Whore
+67|6759|Canader , eh?
our clan has a server that is based in the UK...it has only crashed 3 times that i know of and thats when we first got it...come check it out sometime

=RDG= Clan ranked server
IP: 85.133.16.65:16607
=A*A=PHOENIX2
+13|6673|Ft. Worth, Texas
Our server is plain crap with this patch for now.  Everyone including me has to be thinking that EA is going to fix it, have to keep the faith.  Right?!  I mean why pay for a server if it is crashing all the time.  I personally have been spending more time with like less than 10 people in our server trying tro get it started and it runs great, then other times it crashes.  But that is where I spend my time for the last two days.  Today it was up for like all day with a bunch of gaming until about 5:00, then we began the crashing over and over.  Seems nothing fixes it.  Not restarting or anything.  I will keep trying.
DrunkenPirate
Rum Baron
+44|6685|Norfolk, England

Our citymaps server has been crashing about 5-6 times a day since the patch.
oberst_enzian
+234|6735|melb.au
every server i have joined since 1.3 has had at least one massive drop out in the middle of a round. if i make it through it without being disconnected, there are always as least four or five messages indicating players that lost their connection.
worst. patch. evar.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6664|Australia
This particular part of the patch is becoming a problem, and is really annoying.

I dont care bout the game changes because i cant play the game properly.

Please FIX this issue
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6778|Bulgaria
I've seen this, sometimes servers where I play crash all of a sudden...
Stupid 1.3, I hate it!11
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6540|San Diego, CA, USA
Maybe we should downgrade to 1.22 until they patch to 1.31?  Interesting to know what EA has 171 servers still using 1.22...maybe they know something we know already :-P
Sambuccashake
+126|6602|Sweden
Probably posted before but:

Community Update - 5/25/06

Attention Soldiers and Server Admins!

After a thorough investigation into the issues plaguing the server browser after the 1.3 Update, we believe that a last minute update in the way the Battlefield servers and Gamespy servers communicate may be the cause.

We have decided to revert this change in an attempt eliminate these browser issues. Please note that no uninstalling or re-installing is required by players or server admins. All servers currently running must be restarted once this change has taken place.

Please also note that if you are experiencing CTD issues upon start up that any alternate-ranking redirections in your windows "Hosts" file must be removed.

The reversion will occur at 2:00 PST. We are continuing to review other issues players have noted with 1.3. Further updates will be posted to this space as they become available."

Thank you,
/The team at Dice and EA
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6548
What does CTD stand for? Anyone knowsiz?
Sambuccashake
+126|6602|Sweden
Not sure but if I were to hazard a guess it would be Crash To Desktop.

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2006-05-29 02:46:27)

Xietsu
Banned
+50|6548
Omfgz Sambucca Ftw! >P

(That fool! Doesn't he know that you dont include a letter in your acronym for those little wimpy words like to?! [I'd use an interrobang...but I don't think that character is anywhere on the "Character Map" {inside your "Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools" menu}])

Last edited by Xietsu (2006-05-29 05:01:17)

JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6684|Sweden
The performance of the game has improved after the patch, (more FPS). But it is crashing atleast 1-2 times/day.
graag
+7|6668
The server browser issues (servers switching places, weird pings, no players shown) have nothing to do with the now frequent server crashes.
MaximumMayhem
+27|6642|Mashtuur Boulevard
Yep. On the servers I play, you get a 30 second or so freeze going down that EVERYONE faces.  Even worse if you're in a vehicle, because you start to 'float'', ie.. end of a round.  And yes, no one knows what server they are in because the fields are blank once you are ingame and try to bring them up.

Im not sure what DICE were drinking when they came up with this butchered code but they seriously ought to invest in a little something called quality control!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

EA and DICE ought to invest in a little something called developers and directors that care about the players and are half skilled at doing what they're paid to do.
Minion
C:/DOS - C:/DOS/RUN - RUN/DOS/RUN
+54|6590|Newfoundland, Canada
lol if you look at the little graphic to my server in my sig... you'll see that it's going down, up, down, it looked like a bunch of mountains a few days ago lmao...

hopefully they fix this soon... everytime we get our server started up it only lasts for 8 or 9 hours and then it crashes...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f69858a2977e77bc2fdf9f5a2ba4a4d0177f38c0.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard